2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 477 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Shame on Ford!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome truck."

Cons: "Wished it was stick, engine mounts"

"We bought this used in 08, with about 100000. I needed a pilot vehicle. Not too big, not to small. I needed a pickup that could jump from a dead stop, have take off. I hated a Dodge Dakota, the Toyota Tacoma was not big enough, the Tundra didn't have the jump.... This is an awesome truck. It has never let me down. The only con, is the engine mounts. Total disintegration. That is their only downfall. Every other trac I have seen has bad mounts. Shame on Ford for not making them anymore. I met a guy that HAS and still drives, a 2003, with over 440,000. He said he has only done tune ups. I wish they would make them again. I would buy it. I am sure others would too."

Almost 300,000 miles and not slowing down

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "cup holders"

"I am the orginal owner and have loved the ten years I have driven this vehicle. Regular maintenance is all it has needed. Still drives great and gets 17.5 mpg on a regular basis. The only complaint I have is the cup holders. Somebody didnt think those through. Wish they would bring it back."

Quite possibly the perfect light truck

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Great size/functionality, runs no matter what"

"I bought my 01 used in mid 05 and it's been a joy ever since. With over 160,000 miles you might expect some problems but the only things I've done have been routine- bulbs, shocks, etc... This truck has driven me and my family from NC to TX to FL and back(repeatedly). It's made it through Bavarian winters, and crossed the Atlantic twice(currently on it's way to CO). The only things I don't like are relatively minor and have been corrected on the newer models. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off- I'm certain it will last that long."

A beautiful and reliable car

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car, nice to drive"

Cons: "No cons, due to health reasons we must sell."

"I am the original owner and have maintained this car even better than the book calls for, it is near flawless in side and out"

I have really enjoyed this vehicle. I love it

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Vehicle is a very good ride. Comfortable Temp"

Cons: "Only weakness is shortness of bed."

"This vehicle actually replaced two vehicles. Its make up gives me the car I need as well as the truck I need. It is perfect to transport grandchildren. They love it especially since they can control the air for the back seat and I can give more music in the rear and save my ears in the front seat. I think I enjoy this vehicle more than any other I have owned. When other people ride in it they always say, "I can,t believe this truck rides better than a car." I don,t plan to get rid of this vehicle I just want to get the loan value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals