2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 471 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Shame on Ford!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome truck."

Cons: "Wished it was stick, engine mounts"

"We bought this used in 08, with about 100000. I needed a pilot vehicle. Not too big, not to small. I needed a pickup that could jump from a dead stop, have take off. I hated a Dodge Dakota, the Toyota Tacoma was not big enough, the Tundra didn't have the jump.... This is an awesome truck. It has never let me down. The only con, is the engine mounts. Total disintegration. That is their only downfall. Every other trac I have seen has bad mounts. Shame on Ford for not making them anymore. I met a guy that HAS and still drives, a 2003, with over 440,000. He said he has only done tune ups. I wish they would make them again. I would buy it. I am sure others would too."

perfect size for 90% of truck use for a home owner

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Good for a single car family."

Cons: "none for me"

"Love it! Wish Ford didn't discontinue this model. I get around 17mpg living out in the rural area of Pittsburgh. Hwy been as high as 26mpg worst around 15mpg. The ride is very good for a truck, wife has a Lacrosse and I like this ride better. Great in the snow, great for golfing, fits 4 large adults and 4 set of clubs with room to spare. Nice height, not too high or low to get in and out of. Only problem was I needed to rebuild the tranny around 100,000. Only needed two sensors but rebuilding the whole tranny was only a couple hundred more so had it all rebuilt. Looking to replace this with a newer model. Friend has a Honda Ridgeline and the Sport Trac rides nicer and seems to have more power."

I have really enjoyed this vehicle. I love it

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Vehicle is a very good ride. Comfortable Temp"

Cons: "Only weakness is shortness of bed."

"This vehicle actually replaced two vehicles. Its make up gives me the car I need as well as the truck I need. It is perfect to transport grandchildren. They love it especially since they can control the air for the back seat and I can give more music in the rear and save my ears in the front seat. I think I enjoy this vehicle more than any other I have owned. When other people ride in it they always say, "I can,t believe this truck rides better than a car." I don,t plan to get rid of this vehicle I just want to get the loan value."

Almost 300,000 miles and not slowing down

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "cup holders"

"I am the orginal owner and have loved the ten years I have driven this vehicle. Regular maintenance is all it has needed. Still drives great and gets 17.5 mpg on a regular basis. The only complaint I have is the cup holders. Somebody didnt think those through. Wish they would bring it back."

Love it!!!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Bought mine new in 2004. Loved my Mustang, but no room. Too many outdoor activities. The interior is quite spacious and even with the 4 foot bed, it will still carry a Suzuki 400 Quadrunner ATV with the tailgate down. Plenty of power to haul a small tractor on a trailer. Would definitely recommed to someone who wants a full size interior and the flexibility of a bed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals