2013 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,176 - $39,075.

10/7.4

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Would have neer considered buying a Ford

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"OK, I like nice cars but because of my height, my Lexus RX 350 seat just didn't fit and was causing lower back problems due to 30,000 miles a year. Looked at Mercedes 350 and was amazed that the lumbar support didn't raise above my lower tailbone. Looked at a Audi Q5, seats felt great except the back to front length is for small people. Decided to look at an Explorer, drove it, liked it, except the seat felt small. Was offered a test drive in the Expedition and thought, "Why not?" The ride is unbelievable, the electronics kill all other cars, and the inside was plush. I did get $6,500 off MSRP due to year end but I'm trying to figure out why anyone would spend the extra money on an Escalade, Denali, Mercedes 350 or Lexus GX460. I guess I was one of those who like the image of a foreign car. I am now a believer in Ford and proud of it."

Great ride, but not problem free

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Very nice solid ride. Would buy another one."

Cons: "Does have its problems"

"I bought this 2007 EB Expedition new with six miles on it in 2007 from a Ford dealer. I was impressed with the ride and how quiet it was. Very nice on the highway with a lot of power. Drives like a small car. Really nice. However, there was a problem right away. The transmission did not shift correctly. The dealer could not repair it correctly no matter how many times I took it in. This was a big let down that continued until the warranty finally ran out and I took it in on Ford extended warranty. Four years later they finally repaired the transmission and now it works correctly. The problem or why they never could fix it in four years of going back to the dealer was never explained to me by anyone from Ford. Here is a list of the problems I had and had repaired since 2007 until today. Transmission problems (for four years), rack and pinion steering failed @14000 miles, inside door handles all broke, rotors warped, replaced, master cylinder failed, tie rods worn and loose, replaced, today, two door motors for the rear heat went out @26000 Miles. No other major problems. I know things do break and wear out, but the transmission problems were there from day one. There is now a slight ringing noise outside the car when driving at low speeds, It has been doing this for a year, I don't know what it is, when something falls off, I guess I will find out. BTW the SUV has never been off road and the FWD was only used once just to see if it works. I would buy a new one. I will say it does ride nice and quiet right down the road. Over all it is ok as I have never owned a car or truck yet that did not have some kind of problem, so from that stand point, this 2007 Expedition is a just a normal SUV."

Good for about 40,000 miles then issues build up

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable ride, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Not built for the long term."

"Warranty covers bumper to bumper to 36,000/3 years and 6/60 for drive train only. At 4.5 years an 48,000 had to replace compressor, condenser and flush the a/c system. At stops it idles low and stalls. None of this is covered by warranty. Best bet is to pass it off before this point. I also have a 2004 Explorer with 136,000 miles on it. No major issues. Which makes me very disappointed with this vehicle."

LOVE THE BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "UMMMM, no heated steering wheel. ;-)"

"This is my second Expediton, and I love it more than my last one. It actually handles better than my husbands Town Car, according to him, and I can swing this baby into the smallest parking spaces and land on a dime with it. It rides great on long trips, you don't arrive tired, handles well, and is very responsive when you run into crazy drivers (myself not included). I love the space inside, how it sits you up higher, and all the auto seats and back door lift, let me not forget to tell you about the cooled seats, OMG they are a little slice of Heaven on Earth. This would be beyond perfect, IF the heat and A/C controls were on the steering wheel, but not at big deal as they are easy to get to, and the steering wheel was heated. :-) Overall this is one amazing vehicle. All I have to think about for my next Expedition is what color I want. ;-)"

I love my Ford Expedition

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "comfort and reliability"

Cons: "after 100K it starts to need a little attention"

"I have loved driving this car with virtually no repairs until 100K after the 100K I started having a few little repairs. Looking to replace my car with the very same car brand new."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25