2013 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,724 - $38,653.

10/7.4

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Would have neer considered buying a Ford

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"OK, I like nice cars but because of my height, my Lexus RX 350 seat just didn't fit and was causing lower back problems due to 30,000 miles a year. Looked at Mercedes 350 and was amazed that the lumbar support didn't raise above my lower tailbone. Looked at a Audi Q5, seats felt great except the back to front length is for small people. Decided to look at an Explorer, drove it, liked it, except the seat felt small. Was offered a test drive in the Expedition and thought, "Why not?" The ride is unbelievable, the electronics kill all other cars, and the inside was plush. I did get $6,500 off MSRP due to year end but I'm trying to figure out why anyone would spend the extra money on an Escalade, Denali, Mercedes 350 or Lexus GX460. I guess I was one of those who like the image of a foreign car. I am now a believer in Ford and proud of it."

I love my Ford Expedition

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "comfort and reliability"

Cons: "after 100K it starts to need a little attention"

"I have loved driving this car with virtually no repairs until 100K after the 100K I started having a few little repairs. Looking to replace my car with the very same car brand new."

Acceptable

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"I own a 2012 Expedition XLT with just over 39,000 miles on it. This is my second Expedition (my 2005 was likely the best vehicle I've ever owned). My 2012 has had some QC issues. The fan box had to be replaced b/c when you activated the re-circulation feature with the A/C it made a whistling sound that would drive you out of the vehicle. The right rear axle seal had to be replaced before 30,000 miles because it was leaking gear oil. The rear heater line fittings had to be replaced because they leaked. There is poor paint coverage on the underside of the body and it is showing surface rust at multiple location. Finally, the paint on the interior bottom edge of the rear lift gate has begun to bubble and peel off. While it is a much sturdier vehicle than any Chevy or Toyota I have owned, it is plagued with nagging quality control issues that a $40,000+ truck should not have."

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "I feel safe. Great whistles, bells and stereo."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I love my Expedition. I feel safe in it in traffic, with the weight and height of the vehicle. It's like a tank! I would pity the small car I crashed in to. I would have crushed legs from the knees down. Someone in a small car would be completely crushed. It has a great stereo system. The heated/cooled seats add to overall comfort. The seats themselves are very comfortable. I love everything about this vehicle except the gas mileage."

Love this truck!

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Fun, roomy, big, very safe!"

Cons: "$$$ to fill up, needs care with high miles"

My Ford. Marked up since it is a K9 Unit

"I use this truck both for personal and for work. I also do Search and Rescue. I am a K9 handler, so I am constantly traveling with my dog! This handles beautifully off and on road. Its not a lift jeep, but your basics for the off road world, no problems! Gas mileage isn't too bad unless you drive it hard. Its great that it takes the cheap gas too! No major problems with it so far! Just the minor things that happen with a high mileage car. Few hundred dollars here and there. The best part is, it has a so much room! It has enough room to fit me, all my gear, my dog and my partner with all of his gear! Handling is amazing. I had a dodge charger before, and this truck has better turning radius and better handling! I couldn't be happier with this truck!"

My Ford. Marked up since it is a K9 Unit