2011 Ford Expedition

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Would have neer considered buying a Ford

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"OK, I like nice cars but because of my height, my Lexus RX 350 seat just didn't fit and was causing lower back problems due to 30,000 miles a year. Looked at Mercedes 350 and was amazed that the lumbar support didn't raise above my lower tailbone. Looked at a Audi Q5, seats felt great except the back to front length is for small people. Decided to look at an Explorer, drove it, liked it, except the seat felt small. Was offered a test drive in the Expedition and thought, "Why not?" The ride is unbelievable, the electronics kill all other cars, and the inside was plush. I did get $6,500 off MSRP due to year end but I'm trying to figure out why anyone would spend the extra money on an Escalade, Denali, Mercedes 350 or Lexus GX460. I guess I was one of those who like the image of a foreign car. I am now a believer in Ford and proud of it."

I love my Ford Expedition

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "comfort and reliability"

Cons: "after 100K it starts to need a little attention"

"I have loved driving this car with virtually no repairs until 100K after the 100K I started having a few little repairs. Looking to replace my car with the very same car brand new."

Good car with minimual wear

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pros: "Good condition and drives very good"

"Used by elderly people Locally"

SUV Heaven

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Since 1993 I have had 3 Suburbans, 1 Tahoe, 1 Navigator, 1 Exployer, and 1 Expedition. My 2007 Expedition EL Limited by far is the BEST! If only that first year depreciation wasn't so bad, I'd say it's perfect."

The BEST SUV ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"I have a funkmaster flex expedition and I love this truck it has all the options on it and with it being a 1 of 1,000 i fell in love with this truck the first time i saw it and drove it.... is the most comfortable suv on the road and has great vision and line of sight so glad i bought this suv.....I will buy another one and would recommend one highly.....ROCK ON FORD!!!!!!!!!!"

Unsurpassed

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"I've now had my Expedition for almost three years. Over these years, I have had the opportunity to rent many competitors of the Expedition, knowing that I will need a replacement as my lease runs out. The Expedition has a better ride and more power than the Escalade; has better fit & finish quality and less noise than the Enclave; and has more utility and comparable operating costs to the Q7. Now, I realize these are not direct competitors...they are more upscale, which is why I thought I would be impressed- I wasn't. My Expedition has had flawless performance, quality, and reliability while providing a comfortable ride with bold looks. My only suggestion would be to offer a diesel or natural gas engine option as the Expedition is thirsty."

Great 2007 Expedition EL

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"This vehicle is loaded with just about anything and everything, making it a joy to drive and travel in. The ride is smooth and not rough like trucks in general are. I upgraded the sound system (upgraded all 4 speakers and installed a power amp), which was very good to begin with, but now is dynamite! With its backup radar AND video camera, it is safe to manuver in parking lots as well. Its carrying capacilty is also terrific with it being the extended model. My wife and I can pick up 6 fairly large women at the airport and all of their luggage. This vehicle is truly a delight!"

very pleased

By on Saturday, September 19, 2009

"The quite smooth ride and just under 20 mpg for a vehicle with enough power to tow any of my toys is just what we wanted."

Newly a Ford Person

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Replaced a Chevy Taho with 2009 Expedition (Eddie Bauer). LOVE the vehicle. It was much less expensive than a new Tahoe, and much more practical seating. Gas mileage is about the same, but got FlexFuel vehicle which helps. Excellent dealing with Ford dealership, which acted like they wanted my business. Ford convert here!"

I <3 my Expie!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I bought my 07 Expedition used from a rental car company. I've put over 20K in almost two years and have NEVER had to take it in for service other than a couple of recalls that were minor. I would definately recommend as long as the gas prices are staying low :)"

Great Overall!

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I have driven my 2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition for a year now. Overall this is a great vehicle. Love the ride and performance. Perfect for long road trips. Only killer is the gas. A few months ago thought I'd have to take out a loan - average 17 MPG mix of city & highway miles. Beautiful styling and very safe vehicles. Replaced a 2005 Expedition totaled in a head on with a drunken Explorer driver. My husband, daughter, granddaughter and I came through with minor scratches - the Explorer driver and passengers were not so lucky - So - we'll pay the big bucks for gas in exchange for the safety!! Thanks Ford!"

Urban Assault Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"Great car. Guzzles gas but is a dream car on the highway. Unbeatable rig for fighting your way in and out of NYC. Only problem has been a defective factory installed battery which took two dealers and alot of brain damage to figure out the problem. Great drink holders, headroom, etc. Gas tank is too small for long road trips."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 06, 2008

"My Ford Expedition is amazing I love it, I have three sons and a wife. Has plenty of room for all their football equiptment, and basket ball stuff it is great for daily driving and especially on vacations."

Glad I did it!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"With the gas prices the way they are today buying this vehicle everyone thought I was nuts, but not everyone has 4 kids with a ton of friends! Mini-vans didn't have the leg room for me (I'm 6'4"), GM's were too narrow (I'm 280lbs) and not really comforble plus it wouldn't let me stretch up my left leg on long drives. I traded in my Honda Accord (4 kids remember) for this and I am glad I did. I can get in and out with ease and no back pain, the kids can spread out and not "Touch each other", the 3rd row folds down FLAT, awesome, not even my wife's 2007 Suburban does that! Comfort, drive...awesome. Get over the gas thing and realize it's a necessary evil and you are good. When a bunch of us adults get into for a show, all have room even in the 3rd Row. A must have."

Powerful

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I love my Eddie Bauer Expedition EL the longer wheel base makes a difference in handeling and the extra interior room is worth the money. But I have run into a problem.... Mine came with Pierilli Scorpin 18" Tires and I am having a hard time finding replacement Pierilli tires. While on my way to Texas I had a flat tire in Mississippi and called 6 FORD Dealerships along the way and several tire stores and no one carried this tire. I ended up buying another brand of tire just to get home because the spare was a 16". I have just now ordered a Pierilli on line so that I have a match set of tires. I have a total of $355 in two tires one that I can not use. I filed a complaint with FORD........... If they are going to sell a new vehicle with tires that you can not easily replace(without a two week notice) the public needs to be aware. I expect more from FORD MOTOR COMPANY!"

BEST OF THE LARGE SUV'S

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"I TEST DROVE EVERY LARGE SUV BUILT BEFORE BUYING MY EXPEDITION. I LOVED THE FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS AND POWER LIFT GATE AND OVERALL STYLING OVER THE OTHER SUV'S. GAS MILEAGE IS REALLY NOT THAT BAD CONSIDERING THE SIZE/WEIGHT AND THE STRONG 351 ENGINE. ON A LONG TRIP TO FLORIDA, I AVERAGED 22.5 MPH, AND AROUND TOWN IT GETS 17-18. I USE IT TO PULL A 27FT TRIPPLE TOON PONTOON BOAT THAT WEIGHS OVER 5000 POUNDS, AND THE EXPEDITION HAS NO PROBLEM PULLING IT OUT OF THE WATER WITH A STEEP RAMP. I HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THIS VEHICLE AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT UNTIL IT HAS AGED OUT.......100,000 MILES OR MORE"

Love It

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This is our 2nd Expedition and we could not be happier. It hauls our Doberman, golf clubs, bowling balls and more. The ride is like floating on air (especially compared to our '01 Corvette). We had a small problem with the Expedition emblem edge becoming unstuck on the driver side, but our dealer corrected it (and also replaced the one on the passenger side because it too, looked a little less than perfect). A trip is a pleasure and who would think air-conditioned seats would really make a difference, but they do. We would highly recommend this to anyone."

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Traded in my 04 Exped EB for the 07 EXP EL Eddie B. GREAT MOVE.......NO REGRETS! Only con: silver trim on gear shift and center console reflects sunlight into my eyes sometimes. PROS: Smooth ride, great handling, less road noise, power liftgate, better wireless headsets, power foldflat 3rd row seats, super comfy seats, love the leather, black carpet and headliner means no more stains! Rear parking sensors and better exterior design allowed me to parallel park yesterday. HEATED and COOLED front row seats are SOOO amazing! Gas mileage has improved steadily after first oil change at 5k miles. Started out 14.4, getting 16.3 now just running around town.......haven't taken any long trips yet. There is so much space in this truck that my kids don't argue anymore about sitting next to each other. We sit a car seat, a booster seat and 5 adult (size) passengers easily and comfortably. We chose captains chairs for the second row seats.....easy access to the 3rd row!. Test drove the GM products......hated em! Uncomfortable and poor handling. Little pricey on the Ford, but its worth it...the comfort, ride, luxury can't be beat! Would do it again! Too bad a few people have gotten a bad truck, but that can happen with any make and model. My truck is wonderful and I highly recommend the 07 EXP EL Eddie Bauer or Limited."

great truck

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Love this truck. Handles very well for such a large vehicle. Seven adults can ride comfortably, so there is plenty of room for my sons to grow. Like it much better than the GM SUVs."

love this car

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "It feels really safe and drives like a dream."

"This car is wonderful if you need lots of room for passengers and gear. For a very large vehicle it gets reasonably good gas mileage if driven by someone who doesn't stand on the gas pedal - almost 15 mpg city and close to 18 mpg on the highway. Of all the large suv's available the ford expedition has cargo space that is easiest to access especially if the second row of seating is a bench seat."

07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, Great SUV

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: Time for new

Pros: "07 Eddie Bauer comfort, tech and reliability"

Cons: "Combined avg. 14 mpg (19 possible at 60 Mph Hwy)"

"Yes my 07 Expedition only got 14 combined mpg but through 110,000 miles it never stranded us and only once needed service other than routine maintenance ($100 for driver seat wiring/switch replacement). It hauled 7 adults in comfort and style and had some remarkable cargo moments as well with the two back row seats folded, including: 1 1/2 pallets of sod, sawed up tree after hurricane Katrina, 5 piece wicker patio set from Sam's (removed from packaging), garage cabinets in the boxes, new BBQ pit with lawnmower, holiday roadtrips, etc. The reasons we traded it in this year was to downsize the dimensions a little, plus get Bluetooth and navigation. Really struggled to find something comparable that was shorter with a comfortable third row seat. Ended up with a 13 Lexus GX460 thanks to an expiring tax depreciation credit on large SUVs but no comparison to the Expedition's 3rd row comfort or cargo capacty. Most likely would have gone with new Expedition or Explorer had it not been for Synch issues experienced by friends and family and not many appreciable updates to Expedition since 07."

Acceptable

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"I own a 2012 Expedition XLT with just over 39,000 miles on it. This is my second Expedition (my 2005 was likely the best vehicle I've ever owned). My 2012 has had some QC issues. The fan box had to be replaced b/c when you activated the re-circulation feature with the A/C it made a whistling sound that would drive you out of the vehicle. The right rear axle seal had to be replaced before 30,000 miles because it was leaking gear oil. The rear heater line fittings had to be replaced because they leaked. There is poor paint coverage on the underside of the body and it is showing surface rust at multiple location. Finally, the paint on the interior bottom edge of the rear lift gate has begun to bubble and peel off. While it is a much sturdier vehicle than any Chevy or Toyota I have owned, it is plagued with nagging quality control issues that a $40,000+ truck should not have."

hands down the best choice in its class!

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "smart features, comfortable and safe"

"The expedition el is without a doubt the best choice in its class! The roominess of the third row is unmatched and can comfortably seat large adults well over six feet tall. The convenience of the automatic folding third row is also amazing. I don't know if its changed but when i was shopping for a large suv its competitors third rows were all manual. The sync system is also awesome- i particularly love the jukebox feature which allows me to record off of css and store all the songs in the jukebox. I love this car! it feels safe and has been an amazing people mover for me -don't know if i can ever downsize!!!"

Great car

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Room for 6 adults and luggage. Plenty of power."

"We bought this car with 51000 miles on it but it was immaculate and drove like new. Pulled a 28 foot travel trailer in the mountains shortly after purchasing it and it lived up to everything I have read about the towing capacity. Upgrading to a K&N air filter and Mobile One synthetic oil has improved the MPG to a very consistent 18MPG mixed and 23MPG on interstate at 70mph. Even averaged 26+ on week long trip through Florida Keys and everglade in Oct 2012. Owned a 2002 Explorer and could never do better than 19 mpg no matter what I did. It's big, It's strong and it's roomy. It now has 70000 miles with NO problems so far. We love it."

Best vehicle ever

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Heavy on tires"

"Perfect vehicle for me. I want to get a new one but my car is still as good as new after 113000 miles."