2008 Ford Expedition

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great running and handling, plenty of power.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"If Ford has a better idea why in the world would you put the oil dipstick where you did. Any of you engineers ever check your own oil ?? Poor cargo design in the rear, if I pay this much for a vehicle would you not think it would offer some type of tie downs ?? (from the factory)"

New tires &24" wild rims $1500 ea.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "best driving vehicl I ever drove."

Cons: "Some people have trouble driving large car."

"Excellent towing vehicle for traveling."

Not so good

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Poor millage, seats arent very comfortable, poor turning radits."

does a very good job for our needs, tows a trailer

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "very nice to travel in and drive"

"bought from a dealer and were very happy with the trade in and the purchase price. didn't like the first trade in offer so I was leaving and the manager stopped me and offered more money for the trade in. since I really didn't care to buy a newer car I could afford to leave. was the right color to suit my wife and since it was her car, I try to please her."

The berst truck I have ever owned.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, fun to drive, solid and reliable."

Cons: "Needs more cargo space in rear side panels"

My Expedition with new F150 wheels on it.

"While I have owned seven new Explorers, this is my first new full size truck. Towing was ok before but a larger truck was a necessity with a large camper. This Expedition has been extremely reliable and comfortable while getting better gas mileage than expected for a relatively heavy four wheel drive. It has only been back to the dealer for a failed remote key fob and corrosion on the aluminum tailgate (fixed under warranty by Ford). It is a quiet, smooth riding vehicle that feels firm like a truck but not harsh and handles great with the four wheel independent suspension. Gages are easy to read and well placed, all controls are within easy reach of the driving position. It handles like a lighter vehicle and fuel milage has been in the high teens to low 20's for highway and better after some common aftermarket upgrades that has seen up to 25 mpg highway with an increase in horsepower. Towing is easy and well controlled with the towing package and strong braking keeps it all under control. Maintenence has been only for typical oil and filter changes and still have original tires and brakes on it as they wear like a car does. Recommended for families that need three row seating as it has easy access and room for adults in the third row and easy seat fold down for a flat, roomy rear cargo area that a 4x8 sheet of plywood will fit in. Great visibility all around with large side mirrors and large windows. Solid feel inside and out and a road feel that inspires confidence, even in bad weather."

My Expedition with new F150 wheels on it.

Great vehicle in snow and for hauling everything

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Big and roomy, smooth ride, hauls everything"

Cons: "Things broke on it that seemed cheap"

"Been a great vehicle. A few things replaced so far: Had an O2 sensor go bad, drivers side window motor went, moon roof track busted (expensive to replace), and having an issue with heated/cooled seats feature. Even after these issues it is a very comfortable ride, great in snow and bad weather and can haul and pull most anything. Just wish it got just a little better MPG"

Consistent quality

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Cons: "Wish it had the same storage as my '99."

"This is my third Expedition. My first was a 1999. My second was a 2004. I put around 100K miles on each one. I can't complain. This is a big truck and the gas mileage stinks....but it does EVERYTHING I need. It's comfortable, it's dependable, and Ford has done me right with recalls, TSBs, tires, etc. I'm just now starting to consider replacing my 2009. I'm not there yet. But when I do....I'm pretty sure it will be #4!!! I just love the Expedition. It's American. It's a good vehicle. What more can you ask???"

Wonderful car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage !6- 21"

"Services has been exceptional"

07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, Great SUV

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: Time for new

Pros: "07 Eddie Bauer comfort, tech and reliability"

Cons: "Combined avg. 14 mpg (19 possible at 60 Mph Hwy)"

"Yes my 07 Expedition only got 14 combined mpg but through 110,000 miles it never stranded us and only once needed service other than routine maintenance ($100 for driver seat wiring/switch replacement). It hauled 7 adults in comfort and style and had some remarkable cargo moments as well with the two back row seats folded, including: 1 1/2 pallets of sod, sawed up tree after hurricane Katrina, 5 piece wicker patio set from Sam's (removed from packaging), garage cabinets in the boxes, new BBQ pit with lawnmower, holiday roadtrips, etc. The reasons we traded it in this year was to downsize the dimensions a little, plus get Bluetooth and navigation. Really struggled to find something comparable that was shorter with a comfortable third row seat. Ended up with a 13 Lexus GX460 thanks to an expiring tax depreciation credit on large SUVs but no comparison to the Expedition's 3rd row comfort or cargo capacty. Most likely would have gone with new Expedition or Explorer had it not been for Synch issues experienced by friends and family and not many appreciable updates to Expedition since 07."

Acceptable

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"I own a 2012 Expedition XLT with just over 39,000 miles on it. This is my second Expedition (my 2005 was likely the best vehicle I've ever owned). My 2012 has had some QC issues. The fan box had to be replaced b/c when you activated the re-circulation feature with the A/C it made a whistling sound that would drive you out of the vehicle. The right rear axle seal had to be replaced before 30,000 miles because it was leaking gear oil. The rear heater line fittings had to be replaced because they leaked. There is poor paint coverage on the underside of the body and it is showing surface rust at multiple location. Finally, the paint on the interior bottom edge of the rear lift gate has begun to bubble and peel off. While it is a much sturdier vehicle than any Chevy or Toyota I have owned, it is plagued with nagging quality control issues that a $40,000+ truck should not have."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25