2006 Ford Expedition

Based on 619 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

great car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "comfort reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Love the look and the comfort. Purchased in 07...it's an 04...Gas mileage leaves something to be desired. Not good around towns but great on  highways. Air condition in back makes knocking sound. I have heard that in other expeditions too. Abs light on but still drives good. Minor fix. Had some sencors repaired and a battery put on since I've had it n it's still an excellent car after these fixes. Recently bought a smaller car because of gas issues.. and can't bring myself to patt with this spaceship because Of it's comfort n reliability. Love my hog! Lol"

love my car! for all it can do!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Best bench seating & 3rd row legroom comfort"

Cons: "seat belts had to be replaced with use"

"I love my car. I do not want to go look at another car. It has such a comfort for carrying all the people we ever have who visit us, who we travel to-and-with, and for fitting our now 72 pd dog. I sat in 11 cars that sat 7-8 passengers when I was 8 months pregnant and this car was THE one with the best 3rd row leg room, seat room and over all best build out interior. I am practical, but wanted comfort--its 3rd row automatic fold-up/down rocks. I'll be a fan of this car for a long, long time!! Go Ford :)"

Great 4x4 and it eats gas like crazy

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "great easy to drive, 4x4 is good to and towing"

Cons: "a real pig for gas"

"Great to tow with and just drive, really like it when we have ice on the roads, all wheel drive really works great on ice and snow. Hate the tire sensors when its cold always light comes on till it warms up. Rear AC blend dorr is acting up but we don't use the rear air any way. Only has 65,ooo miles on it so we will keep it till we die as it is a second vehicle. Purchased it with 21,000 miles on it in 2008 with all options eddie bauer All wheel drive for $12,000 Cash, great deal as dealer was going out of business so it was worth $20K. Just remember it really sucks gas like 13 mpg when towing and maybe 17 when driving highway, 14 city?. My 17 year old likes it so when he gets his license next year he can drive it to. Sure hope he respects it so it will last."

Great utility for a family, but expensive to own

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Very practical for a family"

Cons: "lots of repair costs"

"Mine is a 2006 Limited and we've owned it 3 years. Good stuff first: Great room and comfort for my family with two young kids. The 2nd row bucket seats recline enough for the booster and child seats to sleep safely and comfortably...except for a little head bouncing on rough roads due to the truck frame. The electric split 3rd row is convenient to use for storage of large items like wagons, strollers, etc. It handles like a car and you feel safe like driving a truck. Versatile cup holders and storage abound. Roof mounted DVD is great for trips w/kids. Bad stuff: We bought it used on craigslist with 80k miles at 2k below blue book in 2009. Since then we have put almost 50k miles on it, but spent over $4k in repairs and maintenance (Tires, 120k replacements). Despite routine maintenance, we have had to replace/repair the following items since owning it: Spark plugs (dealer broke off 7/8 tips so cost is higher on 3-valve engine) Fuel pump computer and pump Front axle seals Flywheel, starter, and related transmission seal CV joint seals Master switch for electric windows Valve spring in engine It's also rusting near the handle on the tailgate and paint is coming of alloy wheels Power rear-view windows stopped working We have taken care of all these issue and still enjoy it."

Very comfortable

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Its a great vehicle. It will take you anywhere. The problem is the greedy oil companies and the high price of gas. Gas consumption is the only bad thing."