2006 Ford Expedition

Based on 601 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Solid performer for 9 years

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "great value, hauling or towing stuff, easy driving"

Cons: "finicky power door locks"

"Bought this vehicle new with 600 miles on her. Never been garaged. We lived in Virgina orignally, then moved to North Dokota for a couple of years, California and now Alabama. In every location I could count on this truck to start and go where I needed (even in minus 30F and unplowed roads). We have crossed the country east-west and north to south. Kept up with required maintenance and never a problem. Great American built truck!"

Best SUV on the Road

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, looks, ride, style, room"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but best in class for this type of ve"

"Owned since new. Now 7 years and 110K miles....still runs like new. Brakes lasted to 95K, shocks 105K, nothing has failed yet. Only routine maintenance and 1 battery. Use 100% synthetic oil, changed every 3-5K miles. No rattles, no squeeks......just one solid SUV......driven over off road mountain passes, to blizzards, to hot 100+ weather.......the interior and exterior will rival any new car on the lot today. Dealers cannot believe the vehicle is 7 years old.....it shines deeper and brighter than new!! Gas mileage around 14 city and 16 highway.....this car purrs at 80mph....have run Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on it since day one. best tire on the planet! Coming from someone who has never owned a vehicle for more than 2.5 years.....this vehicle in is beautiful red body cannot be matched...even with new Expedition....Unless they bring back that Candy red paint, like this one! Once you won one of these, you will never want a different vehicle."

love- my family has owned them for years

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "price, feels great, awesome features, dependable, great sound system, many options"

Cons: "gas HOG. but worth it. about 12-15 thru the hills in town and 24 ish hwy"

"I love my Expedition. I bought it used in 2009. Its a 2003, has over 180k miles. Runs great, my aunt just got rid of her 98 she bought new and got a 2009. These trucks are so comfortable and just awesome. You can use them for everything imaginable. The only issue I am having is the 6 disk cd changer is broken- just happened in 2011. I wasnt there for it, but the story I got was that someone forced a cd in instead of letting it load. No mechanical issues, the dash lets me know that all the fluids are ok, lets me know the mph Im getting, how many miles to E, not super expensive and if I feel great reselling it for a low price because its maintained its value very well and its in perfect condition. Leather is in great condition- i used conditioner on it a few times. love love love these vehicles and I know several people that own on and love them also"

Superb for Rad trips

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I bought a 2003 Eddie Bauer (loaded) used from a Mercedes dealer in Houston in Sept of 2006 with 36K miles on it. It really stands out over most Expys because it has every item Ford offers except 4WD and Navigation. It even came with the Rosewood trim installed and was a cream puff (still is really). However, I drive a lot and now with 63,000 miles in Jan 2008, two major expenses have ocurred; rear air conditioner went out ($600 repair) and the gas gauge stopped working in November (another $600 repair). Several little indicator lights on the door arm rest and overhead console are intermittant, small details but frustrating none the less. As far as performance, styling, comfort, and overall enjoyment I give it 5 stars. Long road trips with teen agers watching the DVD are just outstanding. Handling is fine, parking is a little challenging, but it is a fine, safe SUV and very affordable if purchased used. Overall I am glad I own it, and will upgrade to a newer, lower milage Expedition before long. I do believe it is over priced when new! And speaking of mileage, don't buy one expecting more than about 17 hwy and 14 city. Sure I can nurse it along and get 19 by driving 60-65 and never accelarating hard, but it just doesn't work that way in reality."

Wouldn't own anything else.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Safe and easy to drive."

Cons: "None second one I owned."

"This is my second Expedition. My first was a 97 Eddie Bauer and now my son owns it. It has 194,000 miles on it and runs great. Proper care and maintance is key to any vehicle. I bought the newer one so my kids could drive the other. Felt safer with school traffic. The 05 has been doing as amazing. A few more perks on it. It rides smoother than the 97. More luxury than the 97. Less truck like. It is classy and useful. I pull our travel trailer with ease and load it up with baskets for my business. Great vehicle. Worth the gas for the safety."