2006 Ford Expedition

Based on 610 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "roomy for even third row passengers!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I've owned my expedition for 10 years, have 140,000+ miles and since we do all the recommended maintenance, this is the most reliable car we've every owned. I had planned on driving "old blue" a few more years, but was unfortunately hit by an inattentive driver. My expedition was totaled. For comfort and safety, you can't go wrong with the expedition. Yes, we pay a lot for gas,but walking away from a head on (highway) collision was priceless!!"

couldn't complain...

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Perfect for everything! Just the right size!"

Cons: "doors rattle, intake cracks, drive train whines"

"it has it quirks I bought it used and now it's old. I like this so much better than the GMC Yukon XL I had. This uses less gas, easier to park, can make a uturn and just seems more user friendly. I have this all over the place and on the freeways everyday and can be several 100's of miles apart in one day. I do like the power and the speed of it for an SUV this size. Also the power folding 3rd row seats have come in very handy with the kids. I would have to say I'll drive this thing until the wheels fall off or until I trade it in for a newer Expedition. Next one I might just want a sunroof on it. All of the perks with it I can over look how the doors rattle, the wings in the rear get tempermental, and the rear hatch glass leaks when it rains real hard during monsoon season. Just and FYI if you consider buying one check the intake manifold out. they are prone to cracking on the right side where the thermostate goes and it's around $1,0000 to fix this issue!"

Best vehicle we have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cons: "Gas mileage now days"

"Traded our 98 Expy for this one (4x4) and have driven the wheels off of it, Never left us stranded, never a problem. Ran synthetc oils since its first change, made countless trips to and from the mountains in NC in all conditions. Reliable, comfortable and not to bad on gas considering its size. Sadly we need to downsize, Going to hate to see this one go. Still runs like new and still tight as day one. Brakes, tires, filters and a few window switches and thats it. Can't beat a Ford"

Love It

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition - Blue w/ Gold trim. The GOOD - I absolutely LOVE driving this truck. I feel like I am driving down the highway in my recliner - yes, it's that smooth. Great visibility as well. I can't say enough about how smooth the ride is, and it just devours snow. The turning radius is the sharpest of any car I have owned - Civic, Sebring. Beautiful styling, as well. Now the BAD - the only bad: I bought my Expedition about a year ago when gas was under $3.00/gallon. I paid around $20k for it and today the same dealer I bought it from would give me $8,500 on a trade. Go figure - poor timing. But aside from the depriciation it has incurred, I would not trade it for anything. I am actually okay with the fuel economy. I get 15.5 miles per gallon in a mix of city and highway driving. Considering a much smaller Pilot or Pathfinder gets only around 18-20 MPG the luxury and comfort far outweigh the couple of MPG's I'd save in something smaller. In summary, I highly recommend an Expedition."

Wouldn't own anything else.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Safe and easy to drive."

Cons: "None second one I owned."

"This is my second Expedition. My first was a 97 Eddie Bauer and now my son owns it. It has 194,000 miles on it and runs great. Proper care and maintance is key to any vehicle. I bought the newer one so my kids could drive the other. Felt safer with school traffic. The 05 has been doing as amazing. A few more perks on it. It rides smoother than the 97. More luxury than the 97. Less truck like. It is classy and useful. I pull our travel trailer with ease and load it up with baskets for my business. Great vehicle. Worth the gas for the safety."

Solid performer for 9 years

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "great value, hauling or towing stuff, easy driving"

Cons: "finicky power door locks"

"Bought this vehicle new with 600 miles on her. Never been garaged. We lived in Virgina orignally, then moved to North Dokota for a couple of years, California and now Alabama. In every location I could count on this truck to start and go where I needed (even in minus 30F and unplowed roads). We have crossed the country east-west and north to south. Kept up with required maintenance and never a problem. Great American built truck!"

Superb for Rad trips

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I bought a 2003 Eddie Bauer (loaded) used from a Mercedes dealer in Houston in Sept of 2006 with 36K miles on it. It really stands out over most Expys because it has every item Ford offers except 4WD and Navigation. It even came with the Rosewood trim installed and was a cream puff (still is really). However, I drive a lot and now with 63,000 miles in Jan 2008, two major expenses have ocurred; rear air conditioner went out ($600 repair) and the gas gauge stopped working in November (another $600 repair). Several little indicator lights on the door arm rest and overhead console are intermittant, small details but frustrating none the less. As far as performance, styling, comfort, and overall enjoyment I give it 5 stars. Long road trips with teen agers watching the DVD are just outstanding. Handling is fine, parking is a little challenging, but it is a fine, safe SUV and very affordable if purchased used. Overall I am glad I own it, and will upgrade to a newer, lower milage Expedition before long. I do believe it is over priced when new! And speaking of mileage, don't buy one expecting more than about 17 hwy and 14 city. Sure I can nurse it along and get 19 by driving 60-65 and never accelarating hard, but it just doesn't work that way in reality."

Well worth the wait....

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Comfort - Towing - Seating (3rd row) - Style -"

Cons: "Storage in back - power 3rd row"

"I spent 6 months looking for a new vehicle for my family. It was time to sell our trusted mini-van and move up into a SUV. We knew we wanted something used, that had the capacity of holding all 5 of us, plus pets. We looked at every option under the sun. I was about to give up when I stumbled upon the Expedetion King Ranch. Right away I fell in love with the styling, but was a little nervous as I have never owned a Ford before. About a week later, I went back and purchased it. Best decision I ever made. My wife was initially not happy with the size, but now says she couldnt imagine driving anything else. Buying used, we obviously had some cosmetic issues, but mechanically it is strong. Have had the truck now for over 6 months,and beside normal maintenance, the only items that we have had done are a brake control (to pull our camper) and a new battery. Comfort is OUT OF THIS WORLD! The King Ranch seats are super soft and comfy - plus the added heat or AC seats come in handy. Couple items that we have issues with: 1)Storage in back - have to put at least one of the back seats down if we are going on a long trip to store items. 2)Power 3rd row. Really dont see the need for this. Would be quicker if we could manually put them down. All in all, we are very happy with our purchase."

Really Great Vehicle...Our Third Expedition

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Nice overall unit"

Cons: "Front end feel less than "tight" after 35K, or so"

"The only thing I don't like is the front end...Although I don't notice it on the road, once they have a few thousand miles on them (>35K), they all feel loose on gravel surfaces (we live on a gravel road...I have lots of experience with this one). Tracks beautifully on the highway and produces 22 MPG on the interstates. We're looking for our number four Expedition. The price on this vehicle is high and the dealers tend to stock very high end examples (leather, navigation, etc.). Please dealers...think family and utility use...not rich folks who need to "have it all". Buy one and you'll like it..plus my measly 100 shares of Ford stock will go up (bought the stock because I love the cars)."

GREAT SUV, BEEN RELIABLE, TOUGH AND LOW MAINTENENC

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "AWESOME ALL AROUND VEHICLE, #1 CRASH SAFETY TESTED"

Cons: "I DRIVE IT HARD, FRONT TIRES"

"7 QUART FULL SYNTHETIC OIL EVERY 7-8000 MILES, FIRST BRAKE JOB AT 158,000 MILES. I OFTEN TOW A 28 FOOT BOAT, SKIDSTEER ON TRAILER, 22 FOOT ENCLOSED TRAILER, ITS A WORKHORSE, 29 FOOT TRAVEL TRAILER. TOUGH TRUCK, SUV, I GET 14.7 MPG IN THE SUMMER ABOUT 13.5 IN THE COLD WINTERS HERE. DRIVES LIKE A TANK THROUGH 15 INCHES OF SNOW, STAYS A STRAIGHT LINE ON ICY ROADS, CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT. I GUESS WHEN YOU BUY AN SUV FROM AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT DOESNT TAKE BAILOUTS AND IS IN THE BLACK, YOU HAVE A VEHICLE BACKED BY COMMON SENSE TOO."