2004 Ford Expedition

Based on 619 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Solid performer for 9 years

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "great value, hauling or towing stuff, easy driving"

Cons: "finicky power door locks"

"Bought this vehicle new with 600 miles on her. Never been garaged. We lived in Virgina orignally, then moved to North Dokota for a couple of years, California and now Alabama. In every location I could count on this truck to start and go where I needed (even in minus 30F and unplowed roads). We have crossed the country east-west and north to south. Kept up with required maintenance and never a problem. Great American built truck!"

So reliable and comfortable! Own two of them!

By on Monday, April 9, 2012

Pros: "pretty good gas mileage for suv, reliable, comfort"

"I own two expeditions, love them, I always feel like my family is safe and both have been very reliable! Both I purchased after they had 100k miles on them and they just keep running! I use one to haul a camper, and it pulls it flawlessly. We also own an Excursion, the Expedition is far smoother and runs nicer than the Excursion. The Excursion drives more rigid, like a truck. The expedition has better turn radius and drives more like a car. Thank you Ford!"

Well worth the wait....

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Comfort - Towing - Seating (3rd row) - Style -"

Cons: "Storage in back - power 3rd row"

"I spent 6 months looking for a new vehicle for my family. It was time to sell our trusted mini-van and move up into a SUV. We knew we wanted something used, that had the capacity of holding all 5 of us, plus pets. We looked at every option under the sun. I was about to give up when I stumbled upon the Expedetion King Ranch. Right away I fell in love with the styling, but was a little nervous as I have never owned a Ford before. About a week later, I went back and purchased it. Best decision I ever made. My wife was initially not happy with the size, but now says she couldnt imagine driving anything else. Buying used, we obviously had some cosmetic issues, but mechanically it is strong. Have had the truck now for over 6 months,and beside normal maintenance, the only items that we have had done are a brake control (to pull our camper) and a new battery. Comfort is OUT OF THIS WORLD! The King Ranch seats are super soft and comfy - plus the added heat or AC seats come in handy. Couple items that we have issues with: 1)Storage in back - have to put at least one of the back seats down if we are going on a long trip to store items. 2)Power 3rd row. Really dont see the need for this. Would be quicker if we could manually put them down. All in all, we are very happy with our purchase."

GREAT SUV, BEEN RELIABLE, TOUGH AND LOW MAINTENENC

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "AWESOME ALL AROUND VEHICLE, #1 CRASH SAFETY TESTED"

Cons: "I DRIVE IT HARD, FRONT TIRES"

"7 QUART FULL SYNTHETIC OIL EVERY 7-8000 MILES, FIRST BRAKE JOB AT 158,000 MILES. I OFTEN TOW A 28 FOOT BOAT, SKIDSTEER ON TRAILER, 22 FOOT ENCLOSED TRAILER, ITS A WORKHORSE, 29 FOOT TRAVEL TRAILER. TOUGH TRUCK, SUV, I GET 14.7 MPG IN THE SUMMER ABOUT 13.5 IN THE COLD WINTERS HERE. DRIVES LIKE A TANK THROUGH 15 INCHES OF SNOW, STAYS A STRAIGHT LINE ON ICY ROADS, CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT. I GUESS WHEN YOU BUY AN SUV FROM AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT DOESNT TAKE BAILOUTS AND IS IN THE BLACK, YOU HAVE A VEHICLE BACKED BY COMMON SENSE TOO."

The 03 Expedition is Awesome, I will never sell it

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Despite what many people say about Fords, this vehicle has been very reliable. I have 120,000 miles on mine and all I've done it change fluids and filters. I plan on keep this for a long time, the engine in them will easily last 250,000 - 300,000 miles. For a big truck is handle and rides very nice whether on or off the road. 2003 is the last year they had a 3 seats in front with no center console(there is a pull out cup holder and ash try). Haveing no built in center console adds a lot of leg room and the middle seat back folds down as an arm rest. If you are worried about gas mileage, all you have to do is be light on the gas pedal. These only take a lot of gas when they are floored."