2002 Ford Expedition

Based on 780 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Great for trips, not good for commuting

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Well I've had my Expedition for three years now. I have never had any mojor problems and would recomend this vehicle to anyone who can afford the gas. It is LARGE, COMFORTABLE, and you can pack all your friends or family in this thing because it sits 8 people. It can turn a boring weekend into an event when you get this bad boy rolling on freeway. It has lasted uncountable camping, fishing trips and trips to the bay area. It never had any engine problems. The only stuff I did was regular maintenance (Breaks, Plugs, Oil) So if you can afford the 10-15 mph on this bad boy i recomend it to anyone."

I will buy another one THE BEST

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"For a growing family of three boys, this vehicle has been excellent. I will buy another Ford Expedition in an heart beat! There has been plenty of room for my sons and their friends plus sports equipment; also great for family trips. With regular vehicle maintenance, I still get 18 miles per gallon mostly highway miles since I live in the country and my vehicle still dosen't use oil even with mileage close to 200,000. My SUV still rides smoothly and quietly. The BEST BUY I ever made!!"

Great vehicle, fun to drive, dependable

By on Friday, July 31, 2015

Pros: "Excellent build, sturdy, quality. Great power"

Cons: "The only comment is it loves gas."

"Bought the Expedition used. Was in excellent shape when I bought it, no rust, tears, engine clean. I am very pleased with this vehicle. It has great curb appeal, lots of room inside and handles like a breeze. Has the 5.4 engine and has a ton of power. Goes through any road conditions without a problem. Absolutely fun to drive. You really set up high when you get in. Getting about 16mpg in town and 25mpg on highway. You don't buy this big guy for economical gas mileage!"

drives like a dream

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Room and comfort"

Cons: "mpg is 16,not bad for big suv but w/gas price,tuff"

"Best driving vehicle i have driven, and i have drove a Lot, one of my favorite used cars i have bought. It's like sitting in your recliner holding a steering wheel, bout effortless to drive. my wife even says it's more comfortable than her '12 pathfinder..."

This Expedition is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Great Great Great!!!!!"

Cons: "Coils need to be replaced too often."

"I use the Expedition everyday and average 250 miles per day. There isn't a place I wouldn't take my Expedition. Its in great shape and most of its original parts. It doesn't look like it should have the mileage that it has, its held up that great. If more cars were made like this, we would all have more money in our pockets. The Expedition has a 5.4L engine with 2 wheel drive and I average over 20 mpg.. The new ones average price is over 50K and everytime I take a test drive I realize I don't see or feel any difference."