2002 Ford Expedition

Based on 743 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

305K miles on orig engine & transm, best car ever

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, functional, good looks"

Cons: "None really."

"Bought this in 2001 with 50K on it for $8,000, now at 305K and time to sell for $1,000, but still starts, drives, and runs great on original engine and transmission. The absolute best car Ive ever owned. Talk about value... 250K miles for $7,000 depreciation over 13 years."

305K miles on orig engine & transm, best car ever

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, functional, good looks"

Cons: "None really."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Drives alot smaller."

Cons: "Hard to find suitable parking spots sometimes."

"Have owned car for 11 years. Don't need this big of a vehicle any longer. Gets decent gas mileage on freeway,65-70 mph,about 18-20 mpg. That is pretty good considering how big,and heavy the expedition is."

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer new tires,trans

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "very dependable,good condition inside and out"

Cons: "16 yrs old ,18 mpg hwy, 13 mpg city"

"1998 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER. Runs and drives good,new tires,new transmission,new pioneer stereo system,cold A/C front and rear,full size spare,power everything,tow package,aluminum rims,new windshield.$3800.00 OBO"

best vehicle i have had

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "worth the money"

Cons: "cassette player"

"This has been the most comfortable ride i have ever owned! I love the way it drives! next vehicle has some big shoes to fill."

My wife and I love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, low maintenance cost!"

Cons: "I do not have the rear quarter windows that open."

"We bought this 2001 5.4L used in 2003 with 23,000 mi on it. At the first oil change interval I put Mobile 1 5W-20 in it. Change every 6-7K intervals. At 30K I changed the tranny filter and fluid to full synthetic Mobil 1 ATF. Change Tranny fluid and filter every 60K. I now have 221,000 mi! I also replace fuel,air, and coolant every 30K. I've only had to replace the altenator at 126,000mi, re-seat 1 spark plug well for 400.00. at 146,000 mi and just now need to replace the upper ball joints. someone said they had to replace several spark plug well seats, but that is usually due to improper torquing of the spark plugs! The one I had to replace is a known design flaw. I also changed spark plugs at 100,000 intervals with Autolite double platinum plugs. I also changed differential oils at 100,000 mi with synthetic Mobile 1 75W-140 gear oil. Need to do again. I have pulled 24ft travel trailers over the mountain passes, pulled a boat over the mountain passes in 2nd gear at 70mph! In other words I don't just putt around! The door lock and window switches need to be taken apart and clean the contacts off once in a while when they quit working. All my electrical and power switches still work with some routine cleaning. It's usually the master switch by the drivers side that needs cleaning. Oh! the front windshield had to be resealed once. The window leaked water into the dash and caused the gauges to freak out at about 90K mi. Once they dried out they worked fine ever since! I also replaced shocks at 160,000 mi with KYB's best, I could not get myself to swing for the Bilstiens. If you think the Expo. handles good, try the KYB's they are even better than stock! I used to get 15-17mpg but now with the 10% ethanol I only get 13-15mpg. Wow really saving the environment! 10% less petroleum but I need 15% more fuel to get where I'm going!"

a great heavy duty family tank!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "roomy stylish ride"

Cons: "Gas guzzler"

"not cheap on gas but you will always get where you are going in a comfortable stylish ride!"

ONE OF THE BEST USED VEHICLES I'VE OWNED!

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "MY EXPERIANCE WITH THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN GREAT."

Cons: "SORRY...NO CON'S."

"I WOULDN'T LET IT GO IF I WERE NOT RETIRED AND DON'T NEED IT ANY LONGER."

Been a great reliable and comfortable ride

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage. 3rd row seat comes out of vehicle"

"Only con is gas mileage-could be much better"

Good but not great

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Cost of used car, comfort, size"

Cons: "Door locks, storage room, suspension,"

"For the price these cars are a steal. We have had our car for 8 + years. Had to replace a few spark plug seats which are about $800 a pop. Replaced the intake manifold (which is common when you pass 130k because they are plastic and will crack. Power is sluggish but acceptable. Comfort inside is great. We have 6 kids and they fit fine. Just can't put any other stuff in the car, Not much room in the back. Gas mileage is around 14 to 17 mpg. Power locks in the back doors stop working around the 120k mark."

new tires 240.00 each

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "new tires new transmission, very clean interior"

Cons: "face plate on cd player needs to be purchased"

"removed and replaced transmission and serviced transfer case.total price of repairs 3150.00 2/13/13 at odometer reading at 109413 miles.i drove this vehicle back from san luis Obispo ca to carson city nv it was a very cnfortable trip"

BEST SUV EVER!!! MUST OWN! FANTASTIC!

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Amazingly well built rock of an SUV. Fast too."

Cons: "slerps gas faster than a bullet."

"I have owned my Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2001 Cruiser for 4 years and this amazing Ford Built tank fortress is a dream vehicle for taking the road by storm. The heavy frame and tons this thing hauls around does nothing to slow it down. The 5.4 liter monster V8 tears the road apart, It handles mountains like a dream and if it is allowed to go as fast as it can i have hit 120 MPH in this thing!!! crazy right? but there is more. The luxury elements in this SUV are splendid, comfy heated seats perfect for a long drive , super clear sound system with amazing bass for a 2001 vehicle , and a backup sensor for safety and precision parking. Handles all weather such as snow , rain and ice like a champ (3 winters in Spokane WA and this thing has never failed me once) It will get you where you need to go without question. with scheduled oil changes, new tires/brakes when needed and the occasional light replacement maintenance is never an issue with this SUV. So if you're not already scrambling to find one near you i recommend you do so quickly because they sell like hot cakes and very few people get rid of them. What can i say the world's perfect SUV is the wonderful Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer!!!"

going to buy a newer car-had this car for 10 years

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "no dents no scatchs- tires all new- paint very goo"

"would rec this car to my son"

I love my Expedition!

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "No cons"

"I could not ask for a more dependable vehicle. I take care of it and it takes care of my family and I. I take frequent trips and my vehicle has never broke down during the entire 8 years that I have owned my vehicle. It is a pleasure to drive and it delivers power on demand. It is equipped with a nice factory sound system to help with long drives. My family likes to be able to stretch out while traveling without giving up luggage space. Ford has really excelled with this vehicle."

LLOOVVEE

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

"I love my truck so much. End of story"

well the vehcile still looks great and runs great

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "it is ford tuff with and it runns and drives smoth"

Cons: "it has sum lock problems with the doors bad on ful"

looks good for 209.000 miles

"the vehicle looks and runs great for having over 200.000 miles on it but it is hard on gas gets like 12 miles to the gallon has problems with the door looks my over drive lite keeps flashing my 4x4 switch don't work and my abs lite is on but it still runs like a top great fore famly outings and fishing trips can fit all my gear in it and 4 guys with boat in toe all in all it is better than any GMC by far"

looks good for 209.000 miles

Great in rain/snow. 4X4h & L. Good visibility

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling. Smooth riding 4X4"

Cons: "Side view mirrors not power."

"Heavy duty towing pkg, Air suspension pkg, Fold flat second row seats, Driver & passenger arm rests, Center fold down arm rest/cup holders in second row seating, Separate rear heat/air conditioning/sound controls, overhead console with compass/instant & avg MPG indicator; map lights; rear side window power controls, floor mats."

WON'T EVER SELL IT!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "everything but the mpg"

Cons: "mpg"

"Even after a million miles (about 1,200,500 miles on it) it still runs stronger than anything else I have driven. only problems i have had are paint fading (from the florida sun), light surface rust on the roof (salty air doesn't help, I live near the beach), and the alternator going out at 400,000 miles and locking me in my truck with the windows up and the air conditioning off."

BEST TRUCK EVER!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "almost everything"

Cons: "mpg, look of front end"

"have had my 98' since it was new, never had any problems other than the shifter cable snapping in my driveway, and running out of money to put in the gas tank. drives fine, even at 608,000 miles. I'll be honest, I have never taken care of it from day one, I have always beaten it, and probably always will. it is impossible to kill this truck. I only change the oil every 15,000 miles, and only put in whatever is the cheapest oil on the shelf in walmart. the only reason that the shifter cable snapped is because of the way I drive it. it is easy to fix and even easier to drive. I don't wax it, and rarely wash it, and thats the only reason that the roof is starting to rust, and the only reason the red faded to pink is because it has been out in the florida sun and heat since I moved in 2003 and didn't have enough roof clearance in the new garage"

A Car Everyone Should Have

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Hard working, comfortable, and long lasting"

Cons: "Slightly weak breaking"

"I own a 2002 Eddie Bauer Edition right from the make-line and all I can say is this car is amazing!! It has never let me down and is the true definition of a "Built Ford Tough" truck while still adding luxury and comfort. I've owned this beautiful piece of machinery for almost 12 years and put about 202,000 miles on it and it still runs as smooth and new as day 1. Yes, the brakes may not be perfect but with a car with so much weight; it should be expected. I believe with the way it run that I could still get at least another 50,000 miles out of it. Trust me, this is diffidently a car you should want and that everyone should have if you can afford it."

Best Vehicle as my First Car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, Fun to Drive, Very Safe, Dependable,"

Cons: "Bad Speakers"

"I own a 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition, I have owned it for quite some time. The only vehicle my parents trust me in, Due to experiences i have had in the past. I commute to college in it, 20 minutes everyday. dry wet or 2 feet of snow never left me stranded. I bought it with a hole in the catalytic converter and it still has it, but thats the only issue my truck has, its a 4.6L and i find it not to be a gas guzzler with the understanding that its not a 4cyl hybrid. it has 138,000 i am the third owner. The seats are comfortable, i am 6'4 and i can sit in the third seat and still have plenty of room for my legs. Love the leather seating, very comfortable. I love the Mack audio system, although i have blown several speakers. My parents owned a 1998 ford expedition xlt back in 2000 put 210,000 miles on it,. sold it with over 300,000 and till this day i still see it around the street. Very stylish for a family truck. and also for a 19 year old first car. I can park it anywhere with everything factory nothing added on, and i still get the "Nice Truck" comment. With good maintenance this truck will never die out. I have been in a car accident in it within the first week of owning it. Rear ended by a drunk driver going 85mph, while i was in a red light. The driver was sent to the hospital in critical condition, car was totaled. While i drove out of the scene needed only a new tow ball, and not too big dent in the rear bumper. still amazed and proud of my truck"

best vehiclel i have ever owned ,one of over 20 .

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "comfort, handles and drives great,dependable."

Cons: "fuel milage , not a lot of luggage storage."

"outstanding service, keep basic mantance performed.have replaced radiator,and a/c comp,due to noise cooled fine,no other mechanical concerns. still runs great,rides and handles like new,amazing service from this one.not great on fuel milage around 15.5 avg,good for road trips with family, people per mile....comfortable,not a lot of storage for luggage / roof rack container great addition."

Very good

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"Have used this for a car service for over two yrs. Never had a problem. The only complaint is luggage room but can solve that with a suburan"

Toughest vehicle, orignal parts lasted over 10 yrs

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Makes u-turns like a car, great visibility"

Cons: "Check w/Ford for maintenace on auto shock system"

"This was a good year for Ford. My Expedition was bought in 2000 mainly so my teenagers would have access to the back radio controls to select their station preference. The moon roof was fun for them and we traveled back & forth between Baton Rouge and Shreveport, LA for family often. I have never been stranded, made sure the oil was changed regularly with Havoline and the main belt changed when needed. The 3rd seat was great for the family and friends, everyone had room. Loved the captain chairs in front and 2nd row. Plenty of room for ice chests in between. Now grandkids enjoy the room, easy to put car seats in and out. Lots of large windows to see around you."

dependable, easy to drive, great visability, roomy

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "dependable, fun to drive, excellent visability,"

Cons: "it has been perfect for us, no complaints"

"We love this vehicle! We didn't buy it for the milage..but for comfort, hauling ability, ease of driving and it's fun. We have taken excellent care of it, spendy, and it has been worth every penny.We will drive it til we or it goes belly up. It is room y enough for eight passengers, can haul tons in it's super roomy interior. We have driven up to 18, 20 hours and arrive tired but comfortable. We love this vehicle!!!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25