2002 Ford Expedition

Based on 753 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

70K miles, 13 years, Wonderful Experience!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, good ride, interior/exterior quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage as expected, 5500 lb truck"

"Except for gas mileage (13/17) this has been a wonderful truck. Two relatively minor repairs (fuel pump, rear axle outer seal) were required in the past 2 years... nothing before that. Tires lasted 65000 miles, just changed the brakes at 67000 miles. Did the required maintenance and used Mobil 1 oil at 5K mile intervals. Body / paint is perfect (New Mexico weather helped there). Very comfortable interior, cloth seats wear like iron. Pulls a trailer well with factory hitch/cooling system. Couldn't ask for a better truck or driving experience."

Reliable, Dependable, Fun to drive

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, safe, reliable, and luxurious"

Cons: "Low fuel economy"

My 2001 Ford Expedition

"I bought this truck two years ago after learning how to drive in my dad's because I loved them so much. Mine has been very good to me the only major job I had to invest in was a revamp of the suspension because Ford's air ride is garbage to begin with. Converted it to standard shocks and coil spring suspension and it rides much better and sits higher too! Besides that it has only requires minor repairs and maintenance. The Eddie Bauer edition is very luxurious and I enjoy driving it everyday. 150k miles and going strong!"

My 2001 Ford Expedition

Has been a great reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Power, room, comfort, built like a tank."

"Bought this vehicle used 6 years ago. Has been very dependable and only needing minor repairs like replacing the radiator. Inside is very large with plenty of cargo space and seating of 9 people comfortably. It has power when driving and easy steering. Have used it to haul teenagers as well as transport tons of things. Love the power driver's seat. Third seat is very easy to remove and re-install when needed. Easy access to third seat by folding down one second seat and love the choice of folding double middle seat down when needed also. Have been in one crash when Mustang rear ended us and very little damage to my vehicle but totaled Mustang. Easy to drive and maneuver. Lots of fun to drive."

A good family vehicle.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

"I have owned this vehicle for 11 years. The only reason we are thinking of trading is to get a smaller vehicle with better mileage as my wife has started a new job and is driving an additional half hour every day."

Most Reliable Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, roomy."

Cons: "It's a large SUV so it uses more gas."

"I can't even count how many cars I've owned through the years. I do know I've owned this one longer than any other. It has been absolutely reliable and has required only basic maintenance and upkeep."

I would buy another but it uses too much gas

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, good visibility"

Cons: "GAS HOG"

"I have 3 other cars, so I do not need it, but I can't bear to part with it. Strong engine never needed work until over 100,000 miles needed plug coils,and new head gasket at 175,000 miles. It did need frequent front end work - struts, shocks, stabilizers, swaybars, etc."

Love it!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Awesome vehicle!"

Spacey, comfortable and in good condition

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV for a large family"

Cons: "Several cup holders in the front and back"

"This suv is in good condition. Ideal for a large family and traveling with long legs or short roomy and very comfortable. am/fm radio and cassette tape player......cd cases available but,needs repairing. some personal painted areas...ok Ac/heating, engine, windows, doors, seats and sun roof in good condition...."

98 Ford Expedition 4x4, Eddie Baur, solid vehicle

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Reason: Trade

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I purchased this vehicle with aprox 45k miles and I traded it in with 267k. During the 12 to 13 yrs I owned this vehicle I only had two major issues, transmission and a brakes. The transmission rebuild happened about 180k miles. The brake issue, which happened during routine brake maintenance at a local Ford dealer, no problems going in just pads and rotors, it took the dealer almost 6 weeks to figure out what was causing intermittent brake pedal travel, I attribute to incompetence. Other than these two issues this vehicle was fantastic. I made sure to have routine maintenance performed, especially oil changes, and I had no problems It averaged 14-18mpg, handled great on and off road and in the snow. I always put decent tires on it, usually the higher $$ All season/AT. It would handle 6 adults comfortably, 5 adults with ample luggage space. My biggest complaint would be the lack of an integrated(power fold) third row, and they didn't put a diesel 'em. I liked this vehicle so much I bought another. The new expedition is not nearly as comfortable to drive.....but it has all the bells and whistles. This vehicle looked good when I traded it in, had very little rust. Most rust was under the doors...."

Used for 14 years. Family trips. Towing trailer.pu

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "power, stability,utility, price"

Cons: "rust, engine intermitently misfires"

"Purchased in 2000. Used for family trips and for towing 8,000 pound travel trailer. Hauled lumber, sheetrock etc. Green with gray, cloth interior. Front doors have rust, otherwise looks good. No major mechanical problems."