2001 Ford Expedition

Based on 777 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

good dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"I have owned this car for 13 years. great vehicle. dependable. at 170,000 miles alternator failed. Been in two accidents, no one in the expedition was hurt."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Drives alot smaller."

Cons: "Hard to find suitable parking spots sometimes."

"Have owned car for 11 years. Don't need this big of a vehicle any longer. Gets decent gas mileage on freeway,65-70 mph,about 18-20 mpg. That is pretty good considering how big,and heavy the expedition is."

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING BUT THE GAS MILAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "gas milage"

"I LOVE my truck, except for the bad gas milage it is awesome. I bought it new in 1997. Up until it hit around 520,000 miles, I had no problems. I drive fast, rough, and use it to go mudding all the time, and everything in/on it is still factory. I beat this truck, and always have. I don't wash it too often, so the paint is faded and it has a little rust on the roof, but the paint problem is probably being that it has never seen a coat of wax. I hit 512,000 or so, and had a bad cylinder. other than that, I have not had a single problem. I only put oil in it when it hits 15,000 and don't put gas in it til' the fuel light starts flashing. I have some friends out in the sticks, and I go mudding everytime it rains hard enough. I have driven it to and from Jersey several times, and have never had a problem with the cold, heat, or any other water (except for the time I went on vacation and accidentally left the windows open in the rain for a month). But all in all it is the best truck I have ever had, and trust me, I have had a lot."

A Strong Truck!

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"We bought our '99 5.4L XLT Expedition new in 1999. We've put 152,000 miles on her since then. Trips have included many, many long distance popup trailer tows, some offroad excursions, and emergency blizzard travel. She has never let us down. She has gone through several major hail storms with zero damage. She effortlessly tows our 3200 lb. popup trailer up and down major mountain passes. She emerged from a rear ender with a barely noticeable 1/2 inch scratch on her rear bumper--no dent! The other car had major bumper damage. The only major issue was a warped right head at 65k which was covered under extended warranty. A few minor things have cropped up in her life: a leaking front transmission seal at 145K ($175); anti-sway bar bushings at 130k ($250); jammed CD Cassette at 120k (not repaired). We give her full synthetic oil and change it every 5k miles. Overall, the truck has been much more reliable than our previous Volvo and Dodge Grand Caravan. The only drawbacks: poor gas mileage (14MPG city) and difficult to park in tight spots in urban areas."

Great for trips, not good for commuting

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Well I've had my Expedition for three years now. I have never had any mojor problems and would recomend this vehicle to anyone who can afford the gas. It is LARGE, COMFORTABLE, and you can pack all your friends or family in this thing because it sits 8 people. It can turn a boring weekend into an event when you get this bad boy rolling on freeway. It has lasted uncountable camping, fishing trips and trips to the bay area. It never had any engine problems. The only stuff I did was regular maintenance (Breaks, Plugs, Oil) So if you can afford the 10-15 mph on this bad boy i recomend it to anyone."