1999 Ford Expedition

Based on 785 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

I couldn't ask for more!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"After 240,000 miles, all I've done is tires, shocks, ball joints, an alternator, two sets of plugs and regular oil changes. Whether around town, towing, highway miles, hauling heavy loads...it's been, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned."

Incredible vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Perfect vehicle."

Cons: "Gas, but worth every gallon!"

"I will never own another vehicle! My 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition is the one. 170,000 and ZERO problems. No matter what happens to her in the future, she will be repaired, rebuilt whatever it takes to get her back on the road. This is a great SUV, get one!!!"

one of the best SUV's created

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"This is no doubt one of the best family sport utility vehicle created. It has a powerful and "torquey" V8 5.4L engine and the stock off-road capability is quite superb for an outdoors kind of family. Even for someone who might like to get a little mud on the tires it does pretty well. Trust me, I've put this thing to the the test. It has an extremely good turning radius for a mid-size SUV and if I didn't know any better I would say it has the best. I've never had any major problems with this car. Just the occasional bearings that need replacing once you pass that 150,000 mile mark. I do all the work on the vehicle myself and since it's not too new i dont have to worry about all the electronics like cars today. Yet its not too old that it doesn't have the same luxuries as the newer ones. Overall it's a great vehicle and I'd recommend it to anyone... As long as its one that has been taken care of, such as mine. I hope my review has helped and take care."

My Experience

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"Very reliable vehicle. 3 kids and they did not do anything to it other than the carpet mats. Very sturdy. Still rides extremely smooth on the road, especially when I compared it to my 2006 F150. Engine is solid, no work necessary at all. Have only changed out the battery, tires, and the vehicle security module ($300). I am keeping this vehicle until it drops dead on me because I have not had to invest more than $1000 in the 7 years of using it."

An Awesome SUV

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I have owned a Ford Expedition every year since 2000 and purchased the first one used. Traded for a new one with around 150,000 miles on each one and had no problems with any of these other than having to get tires and brake pads. I used to be a GM person, being all I would buy and once I purchased this Expedition, I have been buying Fords ever since. They are reliable, very well built, and use less fuel and oil than the two Cheverolet Pick-ups I owned. I looked at the Hummer and liked it, but for the money, quality, and reliability...the Expedition is the way to go. For the size of the vehicle, it has plenty of power and does pretty good on fuel...I get about 14.5-15 in the city and around 18 on the highway and that is with 75,000 on a 2000 model I just purchased used. I also purchased a new Ford Pick-up that I have 90,000 miles on and I am really wanting a new Expedition. But as with any vehicle you do have to keep up with the taking care of them. Stay away from old gas stations than have cheap or bad fuel, use good oil, and change all of the filters as recommend by Ford. I wish they would offer a desiel in this model. For overall reliability I would say if you take good care of it, that you can look at running 200,000 miles on this truck, perhaps more, but I trade up around 150,000."