1999 Ford Expedition

Based on 785 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Ol Faithful!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Powerful engine, comfortable ride, reliable"

Cons: "Bad fuel economy, blown spark plugs, thats it!"

"Ten years ago, my dad bought our 1999 Ford Expedition with 40,000 miles on it. For eight years he used it to commute through a steep mountain pass to get to work through every condition imaginable. In 2010 I started driving it and it now has 205,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. People find it hard to believe we've never even given it a tune up! The only problem I've had with it was a blown spark plug (which apparently is pretty typical on the Triton V8 engines) and my dad broke a valve spring once. Other than that it has been a perfect and reliable vehicle. The 5.4 L V8 engine puts out amazing amounts of power while being in a smooth comfortable ride. In the snow this car drives better than anything else I've driven. It's a great SUV and I would definatly suggest this vehicle to someone looking for an SUV."

Great driver

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, doesnt get stuck, great truck"

Cons: "could use better gas milege, a bit big"

great truck.

"this truck is very reliable and nothing has gone wrong with it, i love this true. its great for winter, ive never gotten stuck or slid around. its a very stable truck. i will be running this truck until it doesnt work any longer. the heated seats are very convienent. and it has no problem being a work horse."

great truck.

Best Ride Yet!

By on Friday, March 05, 2010

"I have owned this 99 Expedition 2wd Eddie Bauer Edition for 3 years. When I got it it had 110,000 miles on it. It now has 160,000 on it and is still going strong. Only problem I have ever had with it was due to the cad. converter and brakes. Before getting this vehicle I searched and searched for a good spacious dependable vehicle and after seeing this one I decided to get it. What a wise choice!! The gas mileage is only about 15 mpg, but hey the comfort makes up for that tri fold. The value of this SUV went down the tubes after everyone started "going green" but I don't expect to sell my expedition any time soon so that does not matter to me either. I LOVE MY EXPEDITION!!! In my opinion, you can't go wrong when buying one. My next vehicle (after my current Expedition dies) will be another Expedition."

expedition review

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"We are still the first owner's on this vehicle. It has been through numberous road trips. We have drove it from Iowa to Florida and back with no problems with four kids. It has enough room that they all can have their own space. I love the fold down cup holder in the second seat row. It is great for kids that are in a car seats. They can actually reach the cup holders. I do not like how the third seat was design on this model. It is very heavy and bulky to take out if you need to remove it. I wish that the third seat would have fold down like the second row does. Also if you put in two car seats in the third row, the car seat on the passenger side will lean towards the window since their is a gap between the seat and the window."

2000 expedition

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"A workhorse, pulls heavy loads with ease. 11-14 mpg with 4wd and tow package. Cabin space is huge and confortable. Ride is pleasant and quiet."