1999 Ford Expedition

Based on 785 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

My Family Truckster

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Very Comfortable for trips and day to day"

Cons: "Tendency to wear dwn frnt tires if you dont rotate"

Our Family Truckster

"We have owned ours for 7 years and put 120,000 miles on it. It has 180,000 on it now. We have NEVER had a problem. NEVER left us stranded. Easy to maintain. My family has grown from 2 of us to 5 of us. We take cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents, and never seem to run out of room. I am a firefighter and seen several of these in head on collisions and rollovers. It has done a terrific job in the safety category for the occupants in those collisions. The seats are comfortable for the long trips and it is NOT so big that you can't park it. Room for the kids to spread out. Even though it has 4.6L V8, it has never lacked the get up and go power I have needed. My only complaint is that the suspensions design is rough on front tires and you have to rotate your tires if you want to get a decent tread life out of your tires. A great choice. Now that they are getting old enough that they aren't very expensive, any 1997-2002 Expedition would be a good choice for a family looking for safety and comfort without spending $40,000 for a new SUV."

Our Family Truckster

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING BUT THE GAS MILAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "gas milage"

"I LOVE my truck, except for the bad gas milage it is awesome. I bought it new in 1997. Up until it hit around 520,000 miles, I had no problems. I drive fast, rough, and use it to go mudding all the time, and everything in/on it is still factory. I beat this truck, and always have. I don't wash it too often, so the paint is faded and it has a little rust on the roof, but the paint problem is probably being that it has never seen a coat of wax. I hit 512,000 or so, and had a bad cylinder. other than that, I have not had a single problem. I only put oil in it when it hits 15,000 and don't put gas in it til' the fuel light starts flashing. I have some friends out in the sticks, and I go mudding everytime it rains hard enough. I have driven it to and from Jersey several times, and have never had a problem with the cold, heat, or any other water (except for the time I went on vacation and accidentally left the windows open in the rain for a month). But all in all it is the best truck I have ever had, and trust me, I have had a lot."

This Expedition is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Great Great Great!!!!!"

Cons: "Coils need to be replaced too often."

"I use the Expedition everyday and average 250 miles per day. There isn't a place I wouldn't take my Expedition. Its in great shape and most of its original parts. It doesn't look like it should have the mileage that it has, its held up that great. If more cars were made like this, we would all have more money in our pockets. The Expedition has a 5.4L engine with 2 wheel drive and I average over 20 mpg.. The new ones average price is over 50K and everytime I take a test drive I realize I don't see or feel any difference."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Drives alot smaller."

Cons: "Hard to find suitable parking spots sometimes."

"Have owned car for 11 years. Don't need this big of a vehicle any longer. Gets decent gas mileage on freeway,65-70 mph,about 18-20 mpg. That is pretty good considering how big,and heavy the expedition is."

drives like a dream

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Room and comfort"

Cons: "mpg is 16,not bad for big suv but w/gas price,tuff"

"Best driving vehicle i have driven, and i have drove a Lot, one of my favorite used cars i have bought. It's like sitting in your recliner holding a steering wheel, bout effortless to drive. my wife even says it's more comfortable than her '12 pathfinder..."