1999 Ford Expedition

Based on 779 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

My Family Truckster

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Very Comfortable for trips and day to day"

Cons: "Tendency to wear dwn frnt tires if you dont rotate"

Our Family Truckster

"We have owned ours for 7 years and put 120,000 miles on it. It has 180,000 on it now. We have NEVER had a problem. NEVER left us stranded. Easy to maintain. My family has grown from 2 of us to 5 of us. We take cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents, and never seem to run out of room. I am a firefighter and seen several of these in head on collisions and rollovers. It has done a terrific job in the safety category for the occupants in those collisions. The seats are comfortable for the long trips and it is NOT so big that you can't park it. Room for the kids to spread out. Even though it has 4.6L V8, it has never lacked the get up and go power I have needed. My only complaint is that the suspensions design is rough on front tires and you have to rotate your tires if you want to get a decent tread life out of your tires. A great choice. Now that they are getting old enough that they aren't very expensive, any 1997-2002 Expedition would be a good choice for a family looking for safety and comfort without spending $40,000 for a new SUV."

Our Family Truckster

Great SUV !!!

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"I bought my 2000 Expedition XLT off ebay sight unseen in 2005 with 64K miles. Scary deal that worked out great ! what a great truck, the wife and kids love it for long trips , no one feels cramped , rides great , it just turned 100K and still runs and drives like new. paint looks good but I have the common problem with the bottom edge of the doors rusting. I treated the rust but it will need to be repaired. I was considering selling it for a newer one but after reading all the great reviews about 180K plus on the 5.4 I see no reason to sell it. even if I have to spend a grand here and there I still save big time in the long run. I really have no complaints with this truck!"

good dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"I have owned this car for 13 years. great vehicle. dependable. at 170,000 miles alternator failed. Been in two accidents, no one in the expedition was hurt."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Drives alot smaller."

Cons: "Hard to find suitable parking spots sometimes."

"Have owned car for 11 years. Don't need this big of a vehicle any longer. Gets decent gas mileage on freeway,65-70 mph,about 18-20 mpg. That is pretty good considering how big,and heavy the expedition is."

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING BUT THE GAS MILAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "gas milage"

"I LOVE my truck, except for the bad gas milage it is awesome. I bought it new in 1997. Up until it hit around 520,000 miles, I had no problems. I drive fast, rough, and use it to go mudding all the time, and everything in/on it is still factory. I beat this truck, and always have. I don't wash it too often, so the paint is faded and it has a little rust on the roof, but the paint problem is probably being that it has never seen a coat of wax. I hit 512,000 or so, and had a bad cylinder. other than that, I have not had a single problem. I only put oil in it when it hits 15,000 and don't put gas in it til' the fuel light starts flashing. I have some friends out in the sticks, and I go mudding everytime it rains hard enough. I have driven it to and from Jersey several times, and have never had a problem with the cold, heat, or any other water (except for the time I went on vacation and accidentally left the windows open in the rain for a month). But all in all it is the best truck I have ever had, and trust me, I have had a lot."