1998 Ford Expedition

Based on 778 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Ol Faithful!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Powerful engine, comfortable ride, reliable"

Cons: "Bad fuel economy, blown spark plugs, thats it!"

"Ten years ago, my dad bought our 1999 Ford Expedition with 40,000 miles on it. For eight years he used it to commute through a steep mountain pass to get to work through every condition imaginable. In 2010 I started driving it and it now has 205,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. People find it hard to believe we've never even given it a tune up! The only problem I've had with it was a blown spark plug (which apparently is pretty typical on the Triton V8 engines) and my dad broke a valve spring once. Other than that it has been a perfect and reliable vehicle. The 5.4 L V8 engine puts out amazing amounts of power while being in a smooth comfortable ride. In the snow this car drives better than anything else I've driven. It's a great SUV and I would definatly suggest this vehicle to someone looking for an SUV."

Great driver

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, doesnt get stuck, great truck"

Cons: "could use better gas milege, a bit big"

great truck.

"this truck is very reliable and nothing has gone wrong with it, i love this true. its great for winter, ive never gotten stuck or slid around. its a very stable truck. i will be running this truck until it doesnt work any longer. the heated seats are very convienent. and it has no problem being a work horse."

great truck.

I couldn't ask for more!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"After 240,000 miles, all I've done is tires, shocks, ball joints, an alternator, two sets of plugs and regular oil changes. Whether around town, towing, highway miles, hauling heavy loads...it's been, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned."

Incredible vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Perfect vehicle."

Cons: "Gas, but worth every gallon!"

"I will never own another vehicle! My 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition is the one. 170,000 and ZERO problems. No matter what happens to her in the future, she will be repaired, rebuilt whatever it takes to get her back on the road. This is a great SUV, get one!!!"

Best Ride Yet!

By on Friday, March 05, 2010

"I have owned this 99 Expedition 2wd Eddie Bauer Edition for 3 years. When I got it it had 110,000 miles on it. It now has 160,000 on it and is still going strong. Only problem I have ever had with it was due to the cad. converter and brakes. Before getting this vehicle I searched and searched for a good spacious dependable vehicle and after seeing this one I decided to get it. What a wise choice!! The gas mileage is only about 15 mpg, but hey the comfort makes up for that tri fold. The value of this SUV went down the tubes after everyone started "going green" but I don't expect to sell my expedition any time soon so that does not matter to me either. I LOVE MY EXPEDITION!!! In my opinion, you can't go wrong when buying one. My next vehicle (after my current Expedition dies) will be another Expedition."