1997 Ford Expedition

Based on 789 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

My Family Truckster

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Very Comfortable for trips and day to day"

Cons: "Tendency to wear dwn frnt tires if you dont rotate"

Our Family Truckster

"We have owned ours for 7 years and put 120,000 miles on it. It has 180,000 on it now. We have NEVER had a problem. NEVER left us stranded. Easy to maintain. My family has grown from 2 of us to 5 of us. We take cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents, and never seem to run out of room. I am a firefighter and seen several of these in head on collisions and rollovers. It has done a terrific job in the safety category for the occupants in those collisions. The seats are comfortable for the long trips and it is NOT so big that you can't park it. Room for the kids to spread out. Even though it has 4.6L V8, it has never lacked the get up and go power I have needed. My only complaint is that the suspensions design is rough on front tires and you have to rotate your tires if you want to get a decent tread life out of your tires. A great choice. Now that they are getting old enough that they aren't very expensive, any 1997-2002 Expedition would be a good choice for a family looking for safety and comfort without spending $40,000 for a new SUV."

Our Family Truckster

This Expedition is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Great Great Great!!!!!"

Cons: "Coils need to be replaced too often."

"I use the Expedition everyday and average 250 miles per day. There isn't a place I wouldn't take my Expedition. Its in great shape and most of its original parts. It doesn't look like it should have the mileage that it has, its held up that great. If more cars were made like this, we would all have more money in our pockets. The Expedition has a 5.4L engine with 2 wheel drive and I average over 20 mpg.. The new ones average price is over 50K and everytime I take a test drive I realize I don't see or feel any difference."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Drives alot smaller."

Cons: "Hard to find suitable parking spots sometimes."

"Have owned car for 11 years. Don't need this big of a vehicle any longer. Gets decent gas mileage on freeway,65-70 mph,about 18-20 mpg. That is pretty good considering how big,and heavy the expedition is."

drives like a dream

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Room and comfort"

Cons: "mpg is 16,not bad for big suv but w/gas price,tuff"

"Best driving vehicle i have driven, and i have drove a Lot, one of my favorite used cars i have bought. It's like sitting in your recliner holding a steering wheel, bout effortless to drive. my wife even says it's more comfortable than her '12 pathfinder..."

Great driver

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, doesnt get stuck, great truck"

Cons: "could use better gas milege, a bit big"

great truck.

"this truck is very reliable and nothing has gone wrong with it, i love this true. its great for winter, ive never gotten stuck or slid around. its a very stable truck. i will be running this truck until it doesnt work any longer. the heated seats are very convienent. and it has no problem being a work horse."

great truck.