2008 Ford Expedition EL

Based on 267 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

reliable

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

"satisfy with this car"

Friggin Awesome Vehicle

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfort & Reliability, Cheap to run"

Cons: "dash has a rattle."

"I traded a Chevy Suburban in for the Expedition and WOW!! am I glad I did. The Ford is put together way way better and better gas mileage. I have never had one problem with the Expedition in 100,000 miles, nothing. The Chevy had a few issues before even 70,000. I am definately a Ford Guy now!! I would recommend Ford products to everyone !"

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for trips, looks great"

Cons: "It does like gas..."

"Big, comfortable, great for trips..."

Great running and handling, plenty of power.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"If Ford has a better idea why in the world would you put the oil dipstick where you did. Any of you engineers ever check your own oil ?? Poor cargo design in the rear, if I pay this much for a vehicle would you not think it would offer some type of tie downs ?? (from the factory)"

New tires &24" wild rims $1500 ea.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "best driving vehicl I ever drove."

Cons: "Some people have trouble driving large car."

"Excellent towing vehicle for traveling."

Not so good

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Poor millage, seats arent very comfortable, poor turning radits."

does a very good job for our needs, tows a trailer

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "very nice to travel in and drive"

"bought from a dealer and were very happy with the trade in and the purchase price. didn't like the first trade in offer so I was leaving and the manager stopped me and offered more money for the trade in. since I really didn't care to buy a newer car I could afford to leave. was the right color to suit my wife and since it was her car, I try to please her."

The berst truck I have ever owned.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, fun to drive, solid and reliable."

Cons: "Needs more cargo space in rear side panels"

My Expedition with new F150 wheels on it.

"While I have owned seven new Explorers, this is my first new full size truck. Towing was ok before but a larger truck was a necessity with a large camper. This Expedition has been extremely reliable and comfortable while getting better gas mileage than expected for a relatively heavy four wheel drive. It has only been back to the dealer for a failed remote key fob and corrosion on the aluminum tailgate (fixed under warranty by Ford). It is a quiet, smooth riding vehicle that feels firm like a truck but not harsh and handles great with the four wheel independent suspension. Gages are easy to read and well placed, all controls are within easy reach of the driving position. It handles like a lighter vehicle and fuel milage has been in the high teens to low 20's for highway and better after some common aftermarket upgrades that has seen up to 25 mpg highway with an increase in horsepower. Towing is easy and well controlled with the towing package and strong braking keeps it all under control. Maintenence has been only for typical oil and filter changes and still have original tires and brakes on it as they wear like a car does. Recommended for families that need three row seating as it has easy access and room for adults in the third row and easy seat fold down for a flat, roomy rear cargo area that a 4x8 sheet of plywood will fit in. Great visibility all around with large side mirrors and large windows. Solid feel inside and out and a road feel that inspires confidence, even in bad weather."

My Expedition with new F150 wheels on it.

Great vehicle in snow and for hauling everything

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Big and roomy, smooth ride, hauls everything"

Cons: "Things broke on it that seemed cheap"

"Been a great vehicle. A few things replaced so far: Had an O2 sensor go bad, drivers side window motor went, moon roof track busted (expensive to replace), and having an issue with heated/cooled seats feature. Even after these issues it is a very comfortable ride, great in snow and bad weather and can haul and pull most anything. Just wish it got just a little better MPG"

Consistent quality

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Cons: "Wish it had the same storage as my '99."

"This is my third Expedition. My first was a 1999. My second was a 2004. I put around 100K miles on each one. I can't complain. This is a big truck and the gas mileage stinks....but it does EVERYTHING I need. It's comfortable, it's dependable, and Ford has done me right with recalls, TSBs, tires, etc. I'm just now starting to consider replacing my 2009. I'm not there yet. But when I do....I'm pretty sure it will be #4!!! I just love the Expedition. It's American. It's a good vehicle. What more can you ask???"

Wonderful car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage !6- 21"

"Services has been exceptional"

07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, Great SUV

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: Time for new

Pros: "07 Eddie Bauer comfort, tech and reliability"

Cons: "Combined avg. 14 mpg (19 possible at 60 Mph Hwy)"

"Yes my 07 Expedition only got 14 combined mpg but through 110,000 miles it never stranded us and only once needed service other than routine maintenance ($100 for driver seat wiring/switch replacement). It hauled 7 adults in comfort and style and had some remarkable cargo moments as well with the two back row seats folded, including: 1 1/2 pallets of sod, sawed up tree after hurricane Katrina, 5 piece wicker patio set from Sam's (removed from packaging), garage cabinets in the boxes, new BBQ pit with lawnmower, holiday roadtrips, etc. The reasons we traded it in this year was to downsize the dimensions a little, plus get Bluetooth and navigation. Really struggled to find something comparable that was shorter with a comfortable third row seat. Ended up with a 13 Lexus GX460 thanks to an expiring tax depreciation credit on large SUVs but no comparison to the Expedition's 3rd row comfort or cargo capacty. Most likely would have gone with new Expedition or Explorer had it not been for Synch issues experienced by friends and family and not many appreciable updates to Expedition since 07."

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"I own a 2012 Expedition XLT with just over 39,000 miles on it. This is my second Expedition (my 2005 was likely the best vehicle I've ever owned). My 2012 has had some QC issues. The fan box had to be replaced b/c when you activated the re-circulation feature with the A/C it made a whistling sound that would drive you out of the vehicle. The right rear axle seal had to be replaced before 30,000 miles because it was leaking gear oil. The rear heater line fittings had to be replaced because they leaked. There is poor paint coverage on the underside of the body and it is showing surface rust at multiple location. Finally, the paint on the interior bottom edge of the rear lift gate has begun to bubble and peel off. While it is a much sturdier vehicle than any Chevy or Toyota I have owned, it is plagued with nagging quality control issues that a $40,000+ truck should not have."

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

It is big, nothing else good about the Expedition.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

"I bought a Ford because they did not take government bailout money; however I regret buying this thing. It started falling apart after two years. I have owned at least 5 other mid size to large SUV's including suburban, explorer and Mercedes GL320. I will never buy another Ford Expedition."

hands down the best choice in its class!

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "smart features, comfortable and safe"

"The expedition el is without a doubt the best choice in its class! The roominess of the third row is unmatched and can comfortably seat large adults well over six feet tall. The convenience of the automatic folding third row is also amazing. I don't know if its changed but when i was shopping for a large suv its competitors third rows were all manual. The sync system is also awesome- i particularly love the jukebox feature which allows me to record off of css and store all the songs in the jukebox. I love this car! it feels safe and has been an amazing people mover for me -don't know if i can ever downsize!!!"

Expedition comes with standard AdvanceTrac® with e

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

"The exterior of Expedition offers much more than its eye-catching design. Exterior features include a standard Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler and available rain-sensing wipers that can detect rain, snow or road spray hitting your windshield, and automatically run at just the right speed. If knowledge is power, then Expedition is one powerful vehicle indeed. From its optional voice-activated Navigation System with HD™ Radio to its available SYNC® and MyKey™, Expedition smarts work overtime to remain well aware of its surroundings."

Have owned 3

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, reliable, comfortable and safe"

Cons: "Fuel economy but I can't put a cost on saftey."

"I started with a 97 Eddie Bauer that my oldest son now owns with a little over 200,000 miles on it. Then an 05 Eddie Bauer which my youngest son is driving with a little under 100,000 miles on it. I now have my 12 EL Limited. I love the reliability of the Expedition and the biggest thing, the safety. It can handle all my gift baskets for my business yet tows our travel trailer with ease. Each one has gotten smoother over the years. I figure I will have this one for the rest of my life. They have proven themselves to me, repeatedly. And no more kids to snatch this one away. My husband feels better with me driving a Ford since that is all he has driven as well. He makes his company order him Fords even though there are other trucks in the yard by the other companies. There is something about this vehicle that to me will be all that is in my garage. Very Satisfied!!!!!"

Will not buy another expedition at least not new

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"I loved this vehicle when I first bought it but soon after I started to notice that it is under powered. I used to think that it didn't matter it was a v8 and that it would do the job and it does but it struggles a bit. The interior is roomy but that is about it I find the seats to hard. My biggest frustration with it is the transition, it feels like it is always thinking to hard as to what gear it wants specially with wind. The only thing that impresses me about this vehicle is the stability control it is amazing how we'll tuned it is."

Great vehicle for large family

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable and versitile"

Cons: "Paint peels on liftgate"

"We have EL Limited 4x4 version and love this truck! When we were in the market we were looking at Chevy Suburbans and then we found out about the extended version (EL) of the Expedition so we tried it out. A major selling point for me was all the seats fold down when you need to go to the hardware store to pick up a sheet of plywood. With the Suburban, you need to remove seats. Both the Suburban and Expedition are great vehicles but in the end we chose the Ford and we could not be happier with our choice. We have had the truck for 4 years now and it has been great. We have a family of 6 (plus a dog) and we all fit comfortably. We have driven across the country twice in it with no complaints. On our long trips we average 18.5 MPG on the highway and 14.5 MPG in town. Not bad for its size. I use this truck to tow as well and it handles heavy loads great - best tow vehicle I have owned. The only problem we have had with it is the paint peeled on the lift gate (which is aluminum on the expeditions so they won't rust). Overall, if you are an active family and want an SUV that offers comfort, reliability and versatility, this truck is for you."

This has been a great all around vehicle!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, power, comfort."

Cons: "Fuel. Not good as a daily commuter vehicle."

"I bought our 2007 Expy EL to replace an older (1999) Expy. My family and I frequently travel through the snowy Oregon Cascades in the winter to visit family. The Expy EL has been sure-footed in adverse conditions. Most important feature about my family's Expy EL? Mechanical reliability. Outside of regular maintenance, I have not had any mechanical issues with this vehicle whatsoever. The next feature I enjoy is the power. While it might not be an Excursion with a diesel engine and 3/4 ton platform by any means, the Expy EL is quite capable of having the power to haul a variety of moderate-sized trailers. My family's Expy EL pulls a 6' x 12' utility trailer, snowmobiles, and a 28 foot travel trailer (with weight distribution hitch, of course). Lastly, the Expy EL is very roomy and comfortable - including having a full compliment of a family of four, 2 dogs, and all the corresponding "stuff" modern families take with them. To say I'm completely happy with the Ford Expy EL is an understatement. It has been one of the better vehicles I have owned. As I previously stated, I think this vehicle is a great all-purpose vehicle."

Great vehicle for numerous passengers and towing.

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great on trips, good passenger comfort"

Cons: "Many mechanical failures and numerous repairs"

"I have owned this 2003 Expedition since it was new. We really like the roominess and comfort. It has good towing capacity. It is great on trips and handles very well for a large SUV. I haven't been able to enjoy this vehicle because of always anticipating the next mechanical failure. It has required numerous repairs and been a money pit even with extended warranties. Because of the numerous problems I purchased 2 extended warranties which helped tremendously with repair costs up to 130,000 miles. Complete A/C replaced 2 times, transmission replaced at 110,000 miles. A/C just went out a 3rd time at 135,000 miles. Repairs included: engine coils replaced several times, manifold gasket, power window motors, leak in A/C line in rear and rear fan replaced 2 times. Sun roof began leaking. Three separate estimates were about $1,700 to repair due to the track warping."

Perfect for some, but not everyone

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Luxuious, hauling large families/trailers"

Cons: "Thirsty, too big for some"

"The Ford Expedition EL is big. Seriously big. Almost comically so. At 18'8" it is too long for my garage. And too tall. And the gas mileage isn't going to earn you a spot on the Sierra Club's Christmas card list. But if you need a large SUV to tow heavy things (8700 lbs if 2WD, 8500 if 4x4) then it's excellent. It hauls 8 people in comfort with room to spare. It's not fast of course, but it has enough power that you can forget you're towing a trailer on the highway. My Limited is very nicely appointed and has been as reliable as you can reasonably hope. (At 130,000 miles, it's had a few minor issues, but they have all been reasonably inexpensive to repair.) And given it's immense size and weight (not to mention the 20-inch wheels) I'm satisfied with the driving dynamics, road noise, and yes, even the gas mileage. When I keep it around 70 mph I can get upward of 18 mpg on the highway, but don't expect more than 13 in the city. Invest in some good tires, though. The factory Pirellis are good, but I prefer the Michelin LTX. People periodically ask me how I feel about my truck, whether I like it or not. I always answer the same way: "No, I don't like it. I love it.""

poor

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"need lots of repairs"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Expedition EL near Honolulu. See local deals