2002 Ford Excursion

9.5

Based on 489 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Great truck 7.3 turbo Diesal is bulletproof.

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "They don't produce them anymore."

Cons: "They don't make them anymore"

"My only concern with this vehicle is , what to replace her with when the time comes. Purchased the excursion new in 2000 hoping to get 8 high mileage years out of it, so I'm pleased. Great safe family cruiser , excellent tow vehicle and all around road dog."

Tough, Dependable, Strong Running & Cost Effective

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Bullet Proof, Hauls Anything-anywhere, Runs Great"

Cons: "On curvy roads it can be unstable"

My Excursion

"I have owned this Ford Excursion for 11 years and have logged over 230,0000 miles on the vehicle. Early on it encountered computer problems & the transmission had to be replaced (both under Ford's extended warranty). Other than these issues maintenance has primarily consisted of regular service & brakes (which do seem to need replacing more frequently that on most vehicles), one glow plug & a set of shocks. I have only put on 2 sets of tires on the car in 230,000 miles & the ones on it now are about 20% worn. Even though it is very large the parking sonar makes it very easy to park. Virtually nothing has gone wrong with this vehicle Everything still works except for one sticky power lock which is intermittent. The 4 wheel drive is easy to operate with just a simple button. I have traveled in up to 17 inches of snow on highways & secondary roads with no problem. when owning one of these vehicles one does not expect great gas mileage. Loaded or empty it gets around 14 MPG."

My Excursion

One big SUV!!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, roomy with a commanding view of the road"

Cons: "Hauling 7,000+ lbs kills economy"

"I purchased the Excursion in 2007 (used) predominantly for towing our 28 foot travel trailer. It exceeded my expectations by a mile. I couldn't even tell the trailer was behind me while towing it. The 6.8L V10 engine has more than enough power/torque to pull the 6,000 lb trailer. The vehicle is very spacious inside and quite comfortable for the long haul. Three row seating allows for up to 8 people to be taken along for the ride. The seating position is quite high which affords an excellent view of traffic all around. The only negative is, of course, the fuel mileage which is only 10 or 11 mpg around town and 14 on the highway. Towing the trailer reduces these numbers to 6 and 8 mpg respectively."

Powerful, well maintained, long range on fillup

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Clean, powerful, rangy, nimble, dependable"

Cons: "music needs update, power seats iffy"

All the way around

"This vehicle was purchased with 30K miles December 2000 and has been a family car ever since. It has been maintained well and complete records available. New tires, minimal body blemishes. Remove 3rd seat, fold 2nd forward to incredibly spacious interior. Pulls heavy loads like a cloud. Would be a great family car or conversion to a work vehicle. It's never let us down."

All the way around

Great family and tow vehicle

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Very competitive price, easy to manuver"

Cons: "Absolutely none, Love it!"

"I have owed three Excursions, all v10 Limited models with 4 wheel drive, all together I have driven them a total of approximately 500,000 miles, all trouble free as far as mechanical reliability, the only maintenance other than routine gas, oil, tires, etc was having to replace power door actuators on a 2000 model. other than that, no problems."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Excursion near Honolulu. See local deals