2001 Ford Excursion

9.5

Based on 498 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Excellent Machine!

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"This is by far the best SUV machine made! It's size and power allow it to be used like a pick-up truck, yet it drives and can travel like a big van. It is excellent on snow and even on ice! It is so heavy it can still get traction while everyone else is just spinning their wheels! Too bad the fuel costs ect. keep them from still being built. They are every bit as well built as their brother the F-350. They can haul, trailer and transport thre entire family in a variety of activities."

Biggest & Baddest SUV Ever

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"We bought our Excurson XLT new in 2000. It now has 168K wonderful miles on it. We've traveled from Chicago to L.A., Vegas to Mytle Beach, the Mountains of Colorado to Tennesee, Disney & Daytona to Canada & Arizona! Heat, Snow, Ice; this vehicle will go safely anywhere. With it's size and weight it goes through snow & ice with ease! Honestly, this vehicle has never had a wrench on it except oil changes and tires! I wish it got better mileage (13-14 daily/15-16 trips), but it's a WHOLE LOTTA room for the miles! You can take along the entire scout troop, the team or even your in-laws and not have a single unhappy camper! AND, you still have an enormous amount of storage room behind the back seat. Plus, we've towed horses, tractors, boats, campers and believe it ...you really can almost forget they're back there! We have the 5.4L I believe it is a nearly perfect motor! Even my Chevy friends like this truck and oh yes, It's alot roommier than a Suburban. Just park next to one and you'll see. If you drive one for a year...you'll keep it for a long time! THIS IS A GREAT FAMILY VEHICLE. I DON'T THINK MY WIFE WILL EVER LET ME TRADE IT AWAY-EVER!"

Excellent Truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"We purchased our 2000 V10 Limited last fall as a replacement for our Chevy Astro which just topped 180K miles. Upon getting the vehicle we replaced all the door lock actuators and added an Excel air filter. Mileage with combined driving is usually about 10 mpg and highway is 15 mpg, but we are happy to sacrifice a little economy for the very comfortable ride and pleasure of driving a rig this size! The SUV tows our tent trailer as if it is not even there. Very quiet; tracks beautifully on the highway and gets a lot of attention (which I find hilarious) from "tree huggers" who seem to be rather torked about our presence (remember, this is Seattle)! Besides the actuators; we have also replaced window motors and the rear door latch. These parts seem to be a bit lacking in their original design. Also, at 121,000 we are starting to feel a little slippage in 2nd gear of the transmission, but nothing that is major cause for concern. Would definitely buy again, although we might look at the diesel for better economy."

Clearly Compensating for Something

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I'm in California and could not find the model I wanted for under $31K. I just got a 2003 LTD 4x4 with the 7.3L Diesel and quad seats from a dealer in Texas and drove it back. After putting 1,450 miles on it right away I can say this is perhaps the best vehicle I've ever owned. I went through all types of weather and got almost 600 miles per tank. Granted, it does not get the best mileage. However, this vehicle is incredible and I paid $24K for it. To me, the cost savings over a new, smaller, slightly better on fuel SUV more than makes up for the higher fuel costs. But wait, the 7.3L motor loves biodiesel so no one can give you grief for buying this tank. Too bad Ford isn't making this anymore, but then again I would not be able to afford a new one anyway. Find a nice 7.3L diesel version and go green in style."

Won't sell it! :)

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "seats 8 easy, plus all the gear for the weekend"

Cons: "gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Excursion 2 years ago with 60,000 miles on it. I just turned 110,000 and have loved every mile. I have the V10 and get about 12 mpg in city and 14 on highway. I have pulled trailers up to 10,000 lbs and it drives like a champ. Have not had any mechanical issues, knock on wood, but don't expect any. I also own a 1998 Ford Expedition with 250,000 miles on it and it keeps going. Ford should bring this one back. If you do alot of hauling, like daily, you might want to consider the diesel. I didn't feel I needed it when I bought mine, but could use the extra power the 8 times or so a year I pull my trailer. Happy Driving"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Excursion near Honolulu. See local deals