2000 Ford Escort

7.7

Based on 823 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

7th Escort in 20 years!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I always average 30,000-50,000 miles per year on my vehicles, so the economy cars are always my best bet. I'm on my 7th Ford Escort since 1988. I always buy them used, and I always drive them till they're dead, usually +225,000 miles. Very low-cost cars to buy, and very minimal upkeep. The 1997 Ford Escort I have now I bought in 2004 with 88,000 miles on it. I have over 265,000 miles on it now (2008) and it is still going strong. The most expensive repair on this car was an alternator, and that went out at 180,000 miles. I usually get 32-34 mpg."

AWESOME LITTLE CRUISER

By on Monday, March 21, 2016

Pros: "GAS MILEAGE,BIG BACK SEAT AREA,BACK SEATS FOLD DOW"

Cons: "2 DOOR,FRONT SEATS COULD GO BACK A LIL FARTHER"

"THIS CAR AVERAGED 38 MPG WHEN I GOT IT 20K MILES AGO THIS TIME LAST YEAR.THIS LITTLE CRUISER HAS SAVED ME TONS OF GAS MONEY AND NEVER LET ME DOWN.AN ALL AROUND GOOD LITTLE CAR"

Most Reliable Car Ever!!!!

By on Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive and it's reliable."

Cons: "Fuel pump is known to go bad in these cars."

"I have owned my car for going on two years now. When I got my little blue car it was yellow and use to be used by the Maid's Cleaning Service in a different state. It was in a friend's garage for 2 years and never was used. When it was started in the two years of it's long term dormant of 2 years it fired right up. It's also my very first car so I'll always have a soft spot for the Ford Escorts. Even though I use to look at them a just an old worn out car that was junk my thoughts of the vehicle changed when I first got my own Escort. It's a great vehicle. My Escort has broke down a few times, once when the fuel pump when bad. And the second when the brake shift interlock wouldn't work properly. But the great part was my stroke of luck with the car. It has never left me stranded at a parking lot or some place that is unfamiliar to me. Whenever it breaks down it usually just does it when it's at the house. It is a unique little car simply because it is a reliable car and doesn't leave anybody hanging. I want to say to anyone of who is in the market for a good used car go with a Ford Escort Station Wagon. They are great cars and they can get you from Point A to Point B back to Point A in a snap. They break down only when they have a serious problem. And if you get lucky you can catch it breaking down at your home because that's were my luck usually occurs, bad luck that is. Overall the car has the greatest handling especially for a used car of it's age and time. Back in the good old day before I was even born (otherwise known as the 1990's) Ford knew how to make a great car last and make good luck happen on the road and bad luck when the car is not in use. The car is great for it's reliability and it's dependability. My family thinks it driver better then any new car out there. And I think they are right. My neighbor owned 6 of these cars one of them being a 1994 model (Brand new by the way). He got up to 400,000 miles on the car before the engine died. So you know the engine can last a long time and you can get your money's worth on the car as well. Might not be the greatest car in the world but if you can get the amount of miles on the Escort's original engine as my neighbor has gotten you know it'll be worth it in the long run for the ownership of the car. I mean 400,000 miles on the original engine is a lot of miles for just a little under powered 4 cylinder that hauled 5 people and cleaning supplies such as vacuums, mops, buckets, etc. That's a lot for a little 4 cylinder engine to take on. And my car puts out 110 hp. One day I was hauling 5 people, me (200 Ibs), my mother (300 Ibs), my brothers (250 Ibs, 135 Ibs), and my brother's friend (250+ Ibs). That's a lot of weight. We went to climb a hill that was steep. Talk about having your foot to the floor completely. And it had no problem or hesitation of climbing that hill. The max payload for this little 110 hp engine was 3592 Ibs. Which is a lot for an engine that has very little power. It's a good car. I love it and I think you would get a great deal out of buying a Ford Escort simply because you know it's dependable, reliable, pulling able, and efficient when it comes to fuel. Absolutely a great car for people. Buy it. It'll be worth the time and money. No matter how old the car is or how gutless the engine is it'll be enough to get the job done right."

Keeps Going!!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, dependable with over 306,000 mi"

"I bought this car with 58,000 miles on it. It has been my only car since 2004. I drive 70 miles a day to work. No problems and I still use it everyday! Very dependable car. I love it!"

good car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "gas millage, dependable"

Cons: "insurance is high it is a 2 door coupe, no abs"

"my ford escort zx2 was the perfect 16 year old car, it is kind of sporty looking but it has good fuel economy and is dependable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Escort near Honolulu. See local deals