2000 Ford Escort

7.7

Based on 805 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Dependable

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Quick, reliable, cheap, dependable."

Cons: "Disposable car, not much aftermarket/performance"

"People need to understand a throw away car. These cars are excellent for the, respectfully said(like myself), less then fortunate. They are cheap around 100k and easily maintainable. Timing belts should be changed/checked every 50k-70k miles. Maintain your oil changes, spark plugs, and tires and you'll see how cheap they truely are. Ive owned 3 now, rebuilt 2, and getting another one soon. The Manual is exceptionally stronger on the throttle. Parts are cheap if your a DIY or an actual mechanic like me, work is cheap maintaining these. That can take abuse. Listen for noises get them fixed before it becomes more costly."

Quite literally the best car ever.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliability in a big way."

Cons: "It might not be a looker... but it's a keeper."

"I love my station wagon. In fact I love it so much that I refuse to sell it. This car has gotten me through tornado like winds, college, a blizzard, hitting a deer, road trips... everything. This car has been the most reliable vehicle my entire family has come to know. My 'little-Debbie" has kept me safe since the day I got her as my first car in high school, and we all know new drivers need every last bit of safety they can get their hands on. Now that she needs some work I think it's only fitting that I restore her to "like-new" condition so someday (soon...) when she's an antique we can all look at her and hum the song "Forever Young.""

first car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "runs great"

Cons: "gas goes quick"

"This car runs well, only had it for like three weeks, so far so good bought it for a great low price. the gas kinda goes quick though. but to fill up is cheap only like 30 bucks"

1997 Ford Escort Wagon

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "small, older"

"Bought this wagon around a year ago now, and so far, it has been a reliable little car. It consistently averages 30+ MPG on primarily highway driving. The only problem with it is that sometimes at idle it will rough idle. Hard to pinpoint when it will happen, though. The seats are comfortable and since I have the LX Model , the locks and windows are power, which is a plus. For around $2,000 , this car has been worth the money so far. If you are looking for an economy car for $2,000 or less, I highly recommend the 1997 ford escort wagon."

Great gas mileage (City & HiWay)

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cons: "windshield needs replaced (many small "star chips"

"Very clean, dependable car. Senior owned & driven since new. Is a Escort ZX2 Coupe (2 door) Only thing needs replaced is the windshield (many small "star" chips), & new battery installed. Is a 5 spd manual, A/C serviced this summer new timing belt installed also."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Escort near Honolulu. See local deals