1996 Ford Escort

7.9

Based on 312 Ratings for the 1991 - 1996 models.

7.6/10

I love the car

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

"I have had this car since the summer. I have had to fix it quite a bit, not because its a bad car but because the person before did nothing to the car and its older, its a 1994 Ford Escort LX. However after I did all the changes to the car it runs runs great for its age. Its incredibly comfortable in the seats. The trunk is very open and big. Its nice that you can access the trunk from inside the car you can pop down both sides of the seat. Because my car is older it as automatic seat belts which is very nice so you dont need to worry about putting your seatbelt on. Its a great car overall. I would recommened it."

Most Dependable Car Ever Had!!!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "cheap interior design"

"I bought this car for $1500. I've put 60,000 miles on it in 2yrs, and only had to put brakes and oil changes. Drives like a dream and handles great too. The gas mileage is astronomical even in todays market. I recommend anybody to own atleast one escort in their lives."

Excellent small family car

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "reliability, economy, versitility"

Cons: "Poor cupholders, uncomfortable seats"

"I inherited this from my late mother. We used it as a family car for ten years. Drove the family cross country (think National Lampoon's Vacation, in a smaller car). The front seat is not particularly comfortable for a gentleman of generous proportions, but adequate for a daily driver. The car has exceptional handling and plenty of power for a 1.9 litre engine. Cargo capabilities are excellent including the roof rack. This is an excellent winter car as the front drive, matched with studded snows can handle the Eastern Washington winters of heavy (we have had 6 feet) snow and cold (-20) temps. I have never chained it up. The only design issues I have is the auto seat belt, which is annoying and the only cup holders, which are down on the console between the shifter and the radio. Anything you put in the cupholder is going to block something. We have replaced the engine (broken piston), the front steering assembly and the rear struts. Overall I find this to be a great all around car on a simple budget and will probably keep mine as a spare car for many years to come."

Awesome first car!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap to fill, cheap to repair, fun to drive"

Cons: "Door ajar alarm still beeps even if there's no key"

"When my parents parked this car in the driveway and told me it was my birthday present, I was less than enthusiatic. Seriously? An escort? Great. Now that I've had it for so long and have driven it all over the place, I love it. In fact, up against my friends whose parents bought them brand new cars, my little escort has continously performed better and lasted longer than theirs have. If you're looking for a good first car that's cheap to repair and cheap to fill up at the pump, look no further than an Escort."

My first ford

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Runs forever, Good Engine, Eye Candy"

Cons: "Rust"

"This car has absolutly changed my outlook on american engineering. I love my excort. We have had our ups and downs but when I can buy this car for $500 dollars and turn around and sell it for $1000 dollars. Well I think that is all that needs said. Ford did a good job in 1994 and they are still doing a good job today. Thank you for my escort."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Escort near Honolulu. See local deals