2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,950 - $23,349.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/8.0

7.4

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

2 days and loving it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Sporty,quick,excel braking, maneuvers well."

Cons: "A little small inside"

"It's true I have had this car only two days, but i am absolutely in love with,it. It's quick, sporty, comfortable, and everyone stares at it. The body style is so much better than previous escapes. I haven't owned a Ford before, this is my first. Been looking at this car for the last few months and comparing it to other makes. Decided on this one as my husband loves the sync etc. he has a Ford Truck he loves. I have always had bigger SUVs , but the size of this isn't too small, but it definitely Is not for people who are larger. Chose the platinum white which is beautiful With the tan leather interior. I look forward to driving this for the next five years ....."

If a compact SUV fits your needs, this is the one!

By on Monday, January 4, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great in the snow"

Cons: "Fuel economy, small back seat for adults"

"Bought a new 2016 Ford Escape SE 4WD. Added the cold weather package (heated seats and all-weather floor mats). Only put 1000 miles on it so far, but very happy with the purchase. Went from a 2007 Explorer and was concerned with the downsize and how it would do in the snow. Had it in 6 inches this morning and it handled it easily. A little lighter and lower than the Explorer, but very capable. Plenty of power and love the interior and options. Sync system is much better than prior generations. Only complaint would be gas mileage. Window sticker said 23 city and 30 highway. I average 23.4 mpg and my commute is all highway."

Best Small SUV on the market!

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "engine power, sound system, styling"

Cons: "turning radius, bad torque steer"

"Power and acceleration are fantastic (240 hp/270 torque)! However, torque steer is really bad in this car, as well as the turning radius (19" wheels). Sony sound system has great bass and sound quality. Navigation is easy to use and I like the large 8" screen. The panoramic moonroof is a must-have as are the HID headlights. The blind spot monitoring with sensors is very helpful and so is the backup camera. I don't know how I owned a vehicle without these before! It's also comfortable to drive and the rear seats recline for passenger comfort. I recently used it for a camping trip and it fit all of the gear (although very snuggly)."

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "mileage, 4WD, size"

"The 4 WD is great in the desert where I live. the vehicle has got plenty of room for me (6'2") and enough room in back for a trip to the lumber yard. I really enjoy the automatic tail gate. Ride is good and gas mileage is good (25 mpg overall average)"

Drives well-rides well-love the comfortable seats

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"2.0 liter 240 hp turbo pulls my 4 x 8 box trailer well and still gets about 20 miles per gallon. I would buy it again."

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive like dual climate control"

Cons: "None so far"

"I purchased a Kodiak brown Escape SE. It is not only a beautiful vehicle but a joy to drive. Miles per gallon much better than my PT Cruiser or the Journey I traded in. The dealership has been very helpful and the whole experience has been great."

Step up from a subaru

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, European driving characteristics,"

Cons: "OEM Tires - not for dirt roads here in NE"

"After owning Subaru's for years, finally a grown up yet sporty AWD. Great this winter with winter tires - same as on my departed Impreza Sport. Much more reliable for mix of stop and go and highway driving. Much more comfortable drive and less than 1 mile per gallon less tops. Seats are comfortable (SE version) and durable. Driving position excellent. Service from local dealer was great during December recall - was given Titanium to drive (still liked my SE better). Only complaint about recall is that they didn't extend my Sirius. Sync - she is a cranky old bitty. Sometimes she likes me, sometimes not. New age Subaru - what the new Forester should have been."

Air Conditioner problems!!!

By on Monday, September 1, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, good pickup."

Cons: "Air conditioning problems."

"Initially purchased to replace a seven year old Honda CR-V. Loved the way the Ford drove and the power from the 2.0 turbo engine. Smooth and quiet ride. However, after just 5500 miles we began to have air conditioner problems. Would not cool, spit water from the vents, and stopped working altogether. The Dealer performed a TBS service on it and it ran for another day then stopped. Car is once again at the dealers awaiting repair. I have read that this is a common problem with these vehicles and I would not recommend them. If this is the kind of problems we will encounter during the life of the vehicle I am not happy. Especially in Florida, and needing the car to attend medical treatments this is unacceptable."

CRV and Escape -Let the long term comparison begin

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Model S has many std features"

Cons: "Ford doesn't make many Model S versions"

"Just got a 2014 base Model S. (made in Louisville, KY) Only options 1) alloy wheels and 2) set of winter and summer floor mats. Sale price was $23600 but got $2500 in FMC rebates. I also got a reasonable trade in for my 2003 F-150 (made in Kansas City, MO) that gave me zero problems over the years. My Wife's 2014 Honda CRV has AWD, a navigation system, leather and sun roof - which explains why it cost considerably more than the Escape. Let the long term side-by-side comparison begin ... Wife says: "back-up camera is brighter in the Escape". I like the hand's free phone that connected easily to my Android. It reads incoming text messages ..."

Have this as a rental

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

I want this car

"and I don't want to give it back!!! I am hooked and have made a '2 yr plan' to purchase this exact model in the fall of 2014(love the new sleek look!)Anyone who owns one ENJOY!"

A lot of SUV for the money.

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Handling, auto rear hatch and power."

Cons: "No collision avoidance system."

"I think this SUV is the right size for seniors and handles very well. It has plenty of power and handles with a European engineered felling. The auto rear hatch is a big plus and cargo area works good for us. I purchased the 2016 Titanium 2.0 engine with several options( List $36,000).Have looked for 4 months at several brands but this one works for us. It has utility and performance in a nice size package."

Ford Escape Rocks

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cons: "sm cup holders, gas mileage, center console frame"

"I have been pleased with every aspect of this car. It's super cute. Has great reaction time. It's roomy and comfortable. The attention to luxury detail is phenomenal. The only drawback I can express is the gas mileage has been less than the reported rate. I get 22-24mpg combo in town and freeway (more freeway usually) Perhaps that's due to the AWD?"

Does everything I need it to and some!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I always get compliments on how the vehicle looks. It handles turns and rough roads with no problems. The vehicle runs great towing a trailer. The engine has some kick to it and the turbo lag is hardly noticeable. The interior is great, although I wish it had somewhere to hold coins. It sounds good when driving I am getting 21.9 mpg with all city driving. Definitely a Vehicle I would recommend."

Very pleased with this Ford

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great ride and easy handling"

Cons: "srotage access and cup holders"

"I have had this car for 5 weeks now and have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems at all getting around 27 to 28 mpg with plenty of pickup in the 2.0. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank so far thats my only complant the electric steering is the best it took some getting use to but now we love it the My Touch has had no problems go far let me drive this car another 6 months to see if anything changes"

buyers remorse - but it's still an upgrade!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cheapest Ford suv option,"

Cons: "mpg, multiple recalls, SYNC malfunction,"

"I went from an old Ford Explorer to this car. The gas mileage is not what I was expecting, but an obvious upgrade from the 1999 Explorer. I bought the car in July 2012, and feel like Ford did too much with it. The Sync system works, for the majority of the time, but every now and then it will freeze, or get stuck on a screen and the only way to fix it is to get out of the car and turn it off. A big pain when you are on a road trip. Also, the recalls have been a nuisance. The dealership I bought the car from thankfully has been excellent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am paying for a car that gets taken from me every few months for at least a week at a time. Very inconvenient. I am wishing I would have waited to purchase the car until it had been out for a while. the estimated 33 mpg has been a joke. I have taken long trips in the car and averaged only 22 mpg- all highway miles. That is very frusterating. Having a bit of buyers remorse..."

Hands down waay better than Rav4, CR-V or Equinox

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, lot of options, Japanese-like build quality"

Cons: "outward swinging wipers arent the best, rear space"

"I bought a brand-new Escape Titanium 4WD after trying out all the other SUVs in the same category (Nissan Rogue, Toyota Rav4, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5). This car is amazing. I opted for the bigger Ecoboost engine which delivers 240 horsepower. Folks this is the same exact engine that Land Rover uses in the Land Rover Evoque base models. It delivers plenty of horsepower for lively, spirited acceleration. The interior has great build quality. The car came factory equipped with an optional remote starter which is awesome. There's a 390 watt Sony stereo. The navigation system works great everytime. The voice activation doesn't always work perfectly but that's a minor issue. I'm still learning to use all the features of Ford Sync system but so far it's been great. Love this car and highly recommend it."

best handling and power

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Reason: new car

Pros: "great car to drive, handling great on cruves"

Cons: "console arm rest to far back."

"This was my 3rd Escape 4/4. Great on highway. Loads of power when needed to enter the freeway."

Not a great ride

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "zippy, ok price, liftgate"

Cons: "poor seat design, poor storage design"

"This car really is alot of hype. My friend has one and is not happy. It does not give great gas mileage as projected. The seating is terribly uncomfortable - seats are short, the leatherette and cloth combo is awful. There is very little storage areas for things. The cup holders are few. I feel like I am in a cockpit when I sit in the passenger seat. The seat wraps around my legs and there is very little area to move around. When driving the Escape, I feel there is too much going on with the dash and controls."

Second Escape - great small SUV

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Good power and lots of room."

"I loved my first Escape (2005), so chose to stick with this vehicle. After my salesman tried to add $1,000 in "extras" onto my Internet price, could it be that I am a woman???, he finally took it back off. I had to have my windshield redone, alot of wind noise, and my gas mileage immediately improved. I average about 25/26 in town, 27/28 on the highway. My hatch handle and liner came out, they just tightened the screws again and so far so good. But I love the car, love the Bluetooth, and especially that I can plug in my ipod. I have as much power in this 4 cyl compared to my previous 6 cyl. I really have no complaints."

Really not pleased

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileagge"

"This is my fourth Ford vehicle. I have many years of good service and cars from ford, except for my 2013 Escape. The mileage is real BAD! I am Getting around 16 to 17mpg and each time I call ford they say "give it a few more miles" The service department took it for a ride and said they were getting 19mpg... how they got that number I do not know. I took the same route and got no where near that. I know two other owners who are having the same problem and would like to hear from others."

Love the car.

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "Small but comfortable."

"Fun to drive, good looking and good gas mileage. The titanium options are great. No problems or issues to this point."

I Love my Escape, I look for reasons to drive it.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, quiet smooth fun!"

Cons: "Center console storage is not well designed."

"I have the 2014 Escape SE AWD 1.6L Ecoboost engine with Leather, I look forward to driving it, and look for any reason to drive it. It is quiet and smooth, but has power when you want it. Gas mileage is great, it is up to you and how you drive to get the mileage advertized! I have seen reviews saying they only get 15 mpg, you would have to try to get that bad, or just sit and idle all day long. I love playing with all the toys that come on it, the Sync and myford touch are not difficult to learn or use unless you have never used a computer or smart phone. It is a great car, I can't wait for winter and test out the AWD. Love it and recommend it to anyone looking at a small SUV."

Nice vehicle for a small truck.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "I consider this a best in class small SUV"

Cons: "A bit small cargo area for an SUV"

"I have a 4wd ecoboost 2.0 which I traded a 2007 Ford Mustang for. Before the 2007 Mustang I had a 2000 Mustang GT. I was concerned the Escape would not have enough power. I am pleased that I was wrong. Great performance. It does not spin the wheels like my GT but is very peppy. The ride is a little stiff like the GT but is to be expected in a small truck which this technically is. I am 6'2" and weight 240 lbs and find the front seats comfortable. The back seat is a little small for me. The only downside to this vehicle is a rather small payload area, even with the seats down. There is a learning curve on the options for the transmission and the console electronics. I also wish I had the upgraded sound system which I had in my Mustangs. The 4wd version is a little louder than than the 2wd version. I also have to be careful to not take turns as fast as I could in the Mustang as this vehicle is a little taller and not as wide."

I love my Escape

By on Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pros: "myfordtouch, sync"

Cons: "stereo sound, back seats don't adjust"

"I absolutely love my escape, I have the SE with the 2.0 ecoboost and 8" MY FORD TOUCH and sync. This SUV handled very well this past winter with the Automatic 4wd. I averaged 24 mpg all winter, mainly from the 15 min warm ups before I left anywhere. But now that it is nice outside I am getting closer to 28 MPG and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Great gas mileage without any sacrifice of power, it can get up and go when I need it to. I also have towed around 2000 lbs without any problems. I would recommend over and over again."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."