2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,950 - $23,349.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/8.0

7.4

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

Love the sport and elegant style at same time!

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "very confortable, nice to drive, love it!"

Cons: "would like to have bigger gas tank!"

"Great SUV with nice new style and powerful 2.0 engine Ecoboost technology, high efficienty gas. Can be family car due to great space also."

Well made, handles well, quiet, good power, ecnmy

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Ford buil this well and not a bailed out company."

Cons: "Not really."

"2013 Ford Escape Titanium with tow package and all options. Only complaint is Ford should design tow package to still work with the tailgate function with foot, since the package to get this it is included then you add the tow package and you pay for it but does not function. This escape looks good, rides great, good pickup with 2.0 eco boost turbo, easy to get on the interstate and pass cars, good gas mileage averaging about 19.2 in city, was built well, no defects so far, quiet sound, rides nice, handles well. Got the Kodiak Brown, almost black depending on light of day and changes a little with different lights. Leater is nice, seats comfortable, good storage, may could use a little more cubbies to stuff extras."

Very satisfied

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Extremely comfortable, great visibility, nice responsive feel, good fuel economy, loaded with features and technology."

Do not buy (unless you want to buy mine!)

By on Friday, December 5, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "multiple recalls, sync feature is hit or miss"

"I bought my 2013 Ford Escape in October 2012. Since then, I have had it to the dealership for four (4) recalls, and I had to have a rental car for one (1) of the recalls due to the length of time for the repair. This past weekend, all of the lights flickered and the car would not start. Thanks to AAA (again!) for their assistance in getting the car to the dealership. Ultimately, the dealer determined a new battery was needed rather than an alternator as they first thought (a new battery after 25K miles?). I do not feel safe because I have zero confidence in the reliability of the vehicle. I called "the mother ship": i.e., Ford to register a formal complaint and perhaps have them buy back the vehicle. No luck. It does not meet the Colorado "lemon law" criteria, so I am unable to take that route. My intention was to trade it in for something else this week, but unfortunately, I have found that the trade-in value has taken a significant hit. I often see the message "displays in the vehicle may not be updated with the new language" when I turn on the car. The Sync feature in this Escape has been troublesome as well. It frequently will not find my phone. I have found that if I turn off the car and re-start it, the phone will magically be found. Same thing with the radio or other features: i.e., won't work, but I can "reboot" by restarting the car. Really????? Not exactly an action you can take while you are actively driving. Ridiculous. Save yourself from the worries of owning this vehicle and look for something else."

Bad Bad Bad Gas Mileage

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"My new 2014 FORD ESCAPE SE SUV 2WD averages only 21 MPG at best, on the same route I drove my truck and was getting 19-20 MPG with my truck. I am on the interstate most of the drive also. I am very disappointed with the mileage, it is no where near Ford's promise of 32 on highway and 25 in city. Spoke to Ford Service manager about this. He mentioned 2014 EOC boast engines were over heating and a program was added to cool engines down recently. He could not say if dropping engine temperature lower the gas mileage projections or not. Also, Cruise control requires looking down at a screen to see were you are in a menu. Needs to be simpler. If your phone is listed in link system the SUV prompts you over and over about every few miles until you link it up to your phone in the link menu, especially if using a blue tooth head set. There should be a way to limit prompts to link phone. There should be a way to exit linking system without deleting iphone off SUV if you wish to use a blue tooth device part of the time or want to take a call on your own phone. Not all calls need to be public to everyone all the time. This SUV is fun to drive otherwise with good power."