• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

10/7.7

7.1

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

Best Escape EVER 2013 SEL 2.0L

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Handling..Plenty of Get Up and Go.."

Cons: "Hump in Front of the Seats"

"Owned it for 6 weeks now to replace my 2007 XLT Escape..Boy what a difference. Better Power..Great handling..Average 27.8 MPG Looked at the Titanium but didn't see a use for the 4 wheel drive and Moon Roof..So went with the 2.0L SEL. Glad to have made the purchase..took it the first weekend on a 2,000 mile road trip..averaged 29.6 MPG on the trip. Only item I dislike is the hump in front of the seats..I'm 5' 10" and when you pull your foot back it gets in the way...otherwise really happy with the vehicle."

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Rented for 1 week

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't own this car

"Nothing like driving 11 hours straight in a car to get a good feel of it. The rental only had 3K miles. It handled great, very easy to drive. The blind spots were a little difficult at first but it has additional side mirrors to help with that. The drivers seat had lumbar support but the others did not, so both of us were uncomfortable when not driving. Got pulled over in the evening because apparently there is a dial to turn off the tail lights! What~!? This shouldn't be legal, the cop said we were the 3rd of that vehicle type that he has had to pull over for that. Got decent gas mileage for a 4WD (25 MPG). Overall it's a very nice car, but it's not for me."

One of the nicest cars we've owned.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Economical, great performance, nice styling."

Cons: "Passenger seat comfort, front and back."

By the sea.

"The styling is a refreshing change and the handling and performance is outstanding. We drive some moderately high mountans 3 to 4 times a month and the EcoBoost engine is terrific. We still manage to average 24-25 mpg overall, and when I've purposely checked highway mileage it has generally come in at 29+ ("they" say that improves over time). We ordered the car and have only had it five months so I can't speak to the reliability but we had an earlier version of the Escape and it was great! Based upon initial experience, this is definately a car we would purchase again and recommend."

By the sea.

Great car.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, Sync/MyFord Touch"

"I own a 2013 SE and I love this vehicle. It meets all my needs. MyFord Touch works flawlessly, I'm getting the expected mileage and in fact I got 32mpg on a 50 mile drive on a quiet road early one morning. Another important thing - it's built tough. I was sitting at a red light last week when I was hit almost head on by another, larger, vehicle. Three airbags deployed and I walked away with only a few scratches. Due to the airbag deployment and the cost to replace them in NY, the car is a write off, but I have already ordered the 2014 model as a replacement. I looked around to test the market but could not find anything better in this segment."