2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,716 - $23,267.

10/7.7

7.0

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Hands down waay better than Rav4, CR-V or Equinox

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, lot of options, Japanese-like build quality"

Cons: "outward swinging wipers arent the best, rear space"

"I bought a brand-new Escape Titanium 4WD after trying out all the other SUVs in the same category (Nissan Rogue, Toyota Rav4, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5). This car is amazing. I opted for the bigger Ecoboost engine which delivers 240 horsepower. Folks this is the same exact engine that Land Rover uses in the Land Rover Evoque base models. It delivers plenty of horsepower for lively, spirited acceleration. The interior has great build quality. The car came factory equipped with an optional remote starter which is awesome. There's a 390 watt Sony stereo. The navigation system works great everytime. The voice activation doesn't always work perfectly but that's a minor issue. I'm still learning to use all the features of Ford Sync system but so far it's been great. Love this car and highly recommend it."

Nice design-fun to drive, but many problems.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "Mechanically a flop with nothing but problems."

"I have owned two 2013 Escapes. The first one was the Titanium Sport Utility two wheel drive with the 1.6 engine engine. After being recalled and forced to park it, traded it in for the 2.0 engine. Requested that Ford help with this financially, since my first Escape was recalled after I had owned it for only 2 weeks. Ford refused. Second Escape is being traded off today after it quit on the highway with a warning to have engine serviced now. Ford service could not find any thing wrong. This vehicle at least three times, has made a very loud clunking sound and jerked driving on the highway as if AWD was either kicking in or out. Sync system is terrible to work with. As I summarized, this vehicle is fun to drive and look at, but mechanically, it was put on the road by Ford without being fully tested on the road."

Looks good. Drives fine. Bad on Gas

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Sync, driveability"

Cons: "Mileage, gas tank, space"

"The new Escape SEL is a solid looking and well appointed car. Lots of new features, etc. Drives pretty good for a small SUV. I have the 1.6L Ecoboost engine and am unfortunately disappointed in the gas mileage as well as the tank size (~12 gallons). I split my time between highway and city and get about 21.4mpg, that along with the small tank means I am filling up every 180-220 miles or so. Also, while comfortable, the cab is smaller, and the trunk is also smaller than its prior model. Pretty average in the snow as well for a FWD car. Was excited to get the car, but am not blown away now."

Second Escape - great small SUV

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Good power and lots of room."

"I loved my first Escape (2005), so chose to stick with this vehicle. After my salesman tried to add $1,000 in "extras" onto my Internet price, could it be that I am a woman???, he finally took it back off. I had to have my windshield redone, alot of wind noise, and my gas mileage immediately improved. I average about 25/26 in town, 27/28 on the highway. My hatch handle and liner came out, they just tightened the screws again and so far so good. But I love the car, love the Bluetooth, and especially that I can plug in my ipod. I have as much power in this 4 cyl compared to my previous 6 cyl. I really have no complaints."

Very nice small SUV

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, powerful and good looking."

Cons: "no backup camera in my 2013."

"I am more impressed with this vehicle every day. The complaints about Sync/Myfordtouch are just learning problems. The car is very quiet and powerful. Titanium 2.0 liter 2 wheel drive. The mileage is as expected. I can get the advertised mileage but it takes some work. That is true for every car. It is reasonably comfortable but could be better"

2 days and loving it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Sporty,quick,excel braking, maneuvers well."

Cons: "A little small inside"

"It's true I have had this car only two days, but i am absolutely in love with,it. It's quick, sporty, comfortable, and everyone stares at it. The body style is so much better than previous escapes. I haven't owned a Ford before, this is my first. Been looking at this car for the last few months and comparing it to other makes. Decided on this one as my husband loves the sync etc. he has a Ford Truck he loves. I have always had bigger SUVs , but the size of this isn't too small, but it definitely Is not for people who are larger. Chose the platinum white which is beautiful With the tan leather interior. I look forward to driving this for the next five years ....."

Great value for cost.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Great pick up for getting into heavy traffic"

Cons: "No power passenger seat"

"Handles well, good pickup, 30 MPH on interstate, 27 around town. Needs to have power passenger seat. Curve of seats on long trip is narrow and bothers upper portion of leg if tall. Overall excellent value for cost of vehicle."

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "mileage, 4WD, size"

"The 4 WD is great in the desert where I live. the vehicle has got plenty of room for me (6'2") and enough room in back for a trip to the lumber yard. I really enjoy the automatic tail gate. Ride is good and gas mileage is good (25 mpg overall average)"

Drives well-rides well-love the comfortable seats

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"2.0 liter 240 hp turbo pulls my 4 x 8 box trailer well and still gets about 20 miles per gallon. I would buy it again."

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive like dual climate control"

Cons: "None so far"

"I purchased a Kodiak brown Escape SE. It is not only a beautiful vehicle but a joy to drive. Miles per gallon much better than my PT Cruiser or the Journey I traded in. The dealership has been very helpful and the whole experience has been great."

buyers remorse - but it's still an upgrade!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cheapest Ford suv option,"

Cons: "mpg, multiple recalls, SYNC malfunction,"

"I went from an old Ford Explorer to this car. The gas mileage is not what I was expecting, but an obvious upgrade from the 1999 Explorer. I bought the car in July 2012, and feel like Ford did too much with it. The Sync system works, for the majority of the time, but every now and then it will freeze, or get stuck on a screen and the only way to fix it is to get out of the car and turn it off. A big pain when you are on a road trip. Also, the recalls have been a nuisance. The dealership I bought the car from thankfully has been excellent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am paying for a car that gets taken from me every few months for at least a week at a time. Very inconvenient. I am wishing I would have waited to purchase the car until it had been out for a while. the estimated 33 mpg has been a joke. I have taken long trips in the car and averaged only 22 mpg- all highway miles. That is very frusterating. Having a bit of buyers remorse..."

Step up from a subaru

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, European driving characteristics,"

Cons: "OEM Tires - not for dirt roads here in NE"

"After owning Subaru's for years, finally a grown up yet sporty AWD. Great this winter with winter tires - same as on my departed Impreza Sport. Much more reliable for mix of stop and go and highway driving. Much more comfortable drive and less than 1 mile per gallon less tops. Seats are comfortable (SE version) and durable. Driving position excellent. Service from local dealer was great during December recall - was given Titanium to drive (still liked my SE better). Only complaint about recall is that they didn't extend my Sirius. Sync - she is a cranky old bitty. Sometimes she likes me, sometimes not. New age Subaru - what the new Forester should have been."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"

Have this as a rental

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

I want this car

"and I don't want to give it back!!! I am hooked and have made a '2 yr plan' to purchase this exact model in the fall of 2014(love the new sleek look!)Anyone who owns one ENJOY!"

Quality of ride doesn't make up for poor interior

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "fun comfortable ride."

Cons: "interior design, storage space, gas milage."

"I drove a rental, fully loaded, up and down the east coast, about 3000 miles in all. This Car handled well both on the highway and on winding side roads, with plenty of power for passing and comfortable enough to spend all day driving. While it was a fun comfortable ride I would never buy one. I was very disappointed with the interior. The center counsel was large and protruding but with virtually no functional storage for a wallet, cellphone, or snacks. The audio controls were hard to reach and the CD slot was out of reach. there was far less storage room in the back with the seats up than I had hoped for, a suitcase, two duffle bags and a small color and it was full to capacity. the gas mileage was also disappointing, a little over 200 miles per tank."

Very pleased with this Ford

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great ride and easy handling"

Cons: "srotage access and cup holders"

"I have had this car for 5 weeks now and have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems at all getting around 27 to 28 mpg with plenty of pickup in the 2.0. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank so far thats my only complant the electric steering is the best it took some getting use to but now we love it the My Touch has had no problems go far let me drive this car another 6 months to see if anything changes"

Not a great ride

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "zippy, ok price, liftgate"

Cons: "poor seat design, poor storage design"

"This car really is alot of hype. My friend has one and is not happy. It does not give great gas mileage as projected. The seating is terribly uncomfortable - seats are short, the leatherette and cloth combo is awful. There is very little storage areas for things. The cup holders are few. I feel like I am in a cockpit when I sit in the passenger seat. The seat wraps around my legs and there is very little area to move around. When driving the Escape, I feel there is too much going on with the dash and controls."

Really not pleased

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileagge"

"This is my fourth Ford vehicle. I have many years of good service and cars from ford, except for my 2013 Escape. The mileage is real BAD! I am Getting around 16 to 17mpg and each time I call ford they say "give it a few more miles" The service department took it for a ride and said they were getting 19mpg... how they got that number I do not know. I took the same route and got no where near that. I know two other owners who are having the same problem and would like to hear from others."

Great car; great mileage; handles well

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money; nice ride."

Cons: "Glove compartment poorly designed; not functional."

"I purchased the titanium fully loaded. The car is comfortable to drive and I commute 100 miles/day. It gets an average 27 mpg with 32 mpg if just driving highway. My complaints are minor. The glove compartment imbetween the 2 front seats is poorly designed. It is impossible to plug in a usb or adapter without taking everything out. The backup camera is great. The blind spot lights are helpful, but would be better with sound. Overall the care drives very well."

Nice vehicle for a small truck.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "I consider this a best in class small SUV"

Cons: "A bit small cargo area for an SUV"

"I have a 4wd ecoboost 2.0 which I traded a 2007 Ford Mustang for. Before the 2007 Mustang I had a 2000 Mustang GT. I was concerned the Escape would not have enough power. I am pleased that I was wrong. Great performance. It does not spin the wheels like my GT but is very peppy. The ride is a little stiff like the GT but is to be expected in a small truck which this technically is. I am 6'2" and weight 240 lbs and find the front seats comfortable. The back seat is a little small for me. The only downside to this vehicle is a rather small payload area, even with the seats down. There is a learning curve on the options for the transmission and the console electronics. I also wish I had the upgraded sound system which I had in my Mustangs. The 4wd version is a little louder than than the 2wd version. I also have to be careful to not take turns as fast as I could in the Mustang as this vehicle is a little taller and not as wide."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."

Bad Bad Bad Gas Mileage

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"My new 2014 FORD ESCAPE SE SUV 2WD averages only 21 MPG at best, on the same route I drove my truck and was getting 19-20 MPG with my truck. I am on the interstate most of the drive also. I am very disappointed with the mileage, it is no where near Ford's promise of 32 on highway and 25 in city. Spoke to Ford Service manager about this. He mentioned 2014 EOC boast engines were over heating and a program was added to cool engines down recently. He could not say if dropping engine temperature lower the gas mileage projections or not. Also, Cruise control requires looking down at a screen to see were you are in a menu. Needs to be simpler. If your phone is listed in link system the SUV prompts you over and over about every few miles until you link it up to your phone in the link menu, especially if using a blue tooth head set. There should be a way to limit prompts to link phone. There should be a way to exit linking system without deleting iphone off SUV if you wish to use a blue tooth device part of the time or want to take a call on your own phone. Not all calls need to be public to everyone all the time. This SUV is fun to drive otherwise with good power."

Still very new but loving it so far

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

"I Traded in my 08 fusion for it and for an SUV it drives just as smooth as my car did, very nice and a lot of features in it, still have not learned all of them but it is fun playing with it. Overall I am very satisfied and happy with it."

Rented This car many times this year across the US

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Very fuel efficient, superb electronics"

Cons: "Seat could be more comfy."

"I travel a lot and have found myself requesting the Escape over just about all the other rentals. The car has plenty of room during my travels, is bullet proof in reliability. The electronics are second to none including hands free phone and blue tooth audio. A Very good sound system for a rental car and a solid drive. I am moving forward with buying one."

I love this car and hate to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Has all of the options, great car to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any Cons"

"I am handicapped and due to a recent hip replacement had to switch out my electric scooter which was carried on a rear hitch lift for an electric wheelchair which is much heavier. I have to buy a customized handicapped van."