2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,018 - $23,591.

10/7.7

7.2

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Have this as a rental

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

I want this car

"and I don't want to give it back!!! I am hooked and have made a '2 yr plan' to purchase this exact model in the fall of 2014(love the new sleek look!)Anyone who owns one ENJOY!"

best handling and power

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Reason: new car

Pros: "great car to drive, handling great on cruves"

Cons: "console arm rest to far back."

"This was my 3rd Escape 4/4. Great on highway. Loads of power when needed to enter the freeway."

Does everything I need it to and some!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I always get compliments on how the vehicle looks. It handles turns and rough roads with no problems. The vehicle runs great towing a trailer. The engine has some kick to it and the turbo lag is hardly noticeable. The interior is great, although I wish it had somewhere to hold coins. It sounds good when driving I am getting 21.9 mpg with all city driving. Definitely a Vehicle I would recommend."

Very pleased with this Ford

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great ride and easy handling"

Cons: "srotage access and cup holders"

"I have had this car for 5 weeks now and have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems at all getting around 27 to 28 mpg with plenty of pickup in the 2.0. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank so far thats my only complant the electric steering is the best it took some getting use to but now we love it the My Touch has had no problems go far let me drive this car another 6 months to see if anything changes"

buyers remorse - but it's still an upgrade!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cheapest Ford suv option,"

Cons: "mpg, multiple recalls, SYNC malfunction,"

"I went from an old Ford Explorer to this car. The gas mileage is not what I was expecting, but an obvious upgrade from the 1999 Explorer. I bought the car in July 2012, and feel like Ford did too much with it. The Sync system works, for the majority of the time, but every now and then it will freeze, or get stuck on a screen and the only way to fix it is to get out of the car and turn it off. A big pain when you are on a road trip. Also, the recalls have been a nuisance. The dealership I bought the car from thankfully has been excellent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am paying for a car that gets taken from me every few months for at least a week at a time. Very inconvenient. I am wishing I would have waited to purchase the car until it had been out for a while. the estimated 33 mpg has been a joke. I have taken long trips in the car and averaged only 22 mpg- all highway miles. That is very frusterating. Having a bit of buyers remorse..."

Air Conditioner problems!!!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, good pickup."

Cons: "Air conditioning problems."

"Initially purchased to replace a seven year old Honda CR-V. Loved the way the Ford drove and the power from the 2.0 turbo engine. Smooth and quiet ride. However, after just 5500 miles we began to have air conditioner problems. Would not cool, spit water from the vents, and stopped working altogether. The Dealer performed a TBS service on it and it ran for another day then stopped. Car is once again at the dealers awaiting repair. I have read that this is a common problem with these vehicles and I would not recommend them. If this is the kind of problems we will encounter during the life of the vehicle I am not happy. Especially in Florida, and needing the car to attend medical treatments this is unacceptable."

Nice design-fun to drive, but many problems.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "Mechanically a flop with nothing but problems."

"I have owned two 2013 Escapes. The first one was the Titanium Sport Utility two wheel drive with the 1.6 engine engine. After being recalled and forced to park it, traded it in for the 2.0 engine. Requested that Ford help with this financially, since my first Escape was recalled after I had owned it for only 2 weeks. Ford refused. Second Escape is being traded off today after it quit on the highway with a warning to have engine serviced now. Ford service could not find any thing wrong. This vehicle at least three times, has made a very loud clunking sound and jerked driving on the highway as if AWD was either kicking in or out. Sync system is terrible to work with. As I summarized, this vehicle is fun to drive and look at, but mechanically, it was put on the road by Ford without being fully tested on the road."

Not a great ride

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "zippy, ok price, liftgate"

Cons: "poor seat design, poor storage design"

"This car really is alot of hype. My friend has one and is not happy. It does not give great gas mileage as projected. The seating is terribly uncomfortable - seats are short, the leatherette and cloth combo is awful. There is very little storage areas for things. The cup holders are few. I feel like I am in a cockpit when I sit in the passenger seat. The seat wraps around my legs and there is very little area to move around. When driving the Escape, I feel there is too much going on with the dash and controls."

Second Escape - great small SUV

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Good power and lots of room."

"I loved my first Escape (2005), so chose to stick with this vehicle. After my salesman tried to add $1,000 in "extras" onto my Internet price, could it be that I am a woman???, he finally took it back off. I had to have my windshield redone, alot of wind noise, and my gas mileage immediately improved. I average about 25/26 in town, 27/28 on the highway. My hatch handle and liner came out, they just tightened the screws again and so far so good. But I love the car, love the Bluetooth, and especially that I can plug in my ipod. I have as much power in this 4 cyl compared to my previous 6 cyl. I really have no complaints."

Really not pleased

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileagge"

"This is my fourth Ford vehicle. I have many years of good service and cars from ford, except for my 2013 Escape. The mileage is real BAD! I am Getting around 16 to 17mpg and each time I call ford they say "give it a few more miles" The service department took it for a ride and said they were getting 19mpg... how they got that number I do not know. I took the same route and got no where near that. I know two other owners who are having the same problem and would like to hear from others."

Love the car.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "Small but comfortable."

"Fun to drive, good looking and good gas mileage. The titanium options are great. No problems or issues to this point."

Great car; great mileage; handles well

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money; nice ride."

Cons: "Glove compartment poorly designed; not functional."

"I purchased the titanium fully loaded. The car is comfortable to drive and I commute 100 miles/day. It gets an average 27 mpg with 32 mpg if just driving highway. My complaints are minor. The glove compartment imbetween the 2 front seats is poorly designed. It is impossible to plug in a usb or adapter without taking everything out. The backup camera is great. The blind spot lights are helpful, but would be better with sound. Overall the care drives very well."

I Love my Escape, I look for reasons to drive it.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, quiet smooth fun!"

Cons: "Center console storage is not well designed."

"I have the 2014 Escape SE AWD 1.6L Ecoboost engine with Leather, I look forward to driving it, and look for any reason to drive it. It is quiet and smooth, but has power when you want it. Gas mileage is great, it is up to you and how you drive to get the mileage advertized! I have seen reviews saying they only get 15 mpg, you would have to try to get that bad, or just sit and idle all day long. I love playing with all the toys that come on it, the Sync and myford touch are not difficult to learn or use unless you have never used a computer or smart phone. It is a great car, I can't wait for winter and test out the AWD. Love it and recommend it to anyone looking at a small SUV."

Nice vehicle for a small truck.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "I consider this a best in class small SUV"

Cons: "A bit small cargo area for an SUV"

"I have a 4wd ecoboost 2.0 which I traded a 2007 Ford Mustang for. Before the 2007 Mustang I had a 2000 Mustang GT. I was concerned the Escape would not have enough power. I am pleased that I was wrong. Great performance. It does not spin the wheels like my GT but is very peppy. The ride is a little stiff like the GT but is to be expected in a small truck which this technically is. I am 6'2" and weight 240 lbs and find the front seats comfortable. The back seat is a little small for me. The only downside to this vehicle is a rather small payload area, even with the seats down. There is a learning curve on the options for the transmission and the console electronics. I also wish I had the upgraded sound system which I had in my Mustangs. The 4wd version is a little louder than than the 2wd version. I also have to be careful to not take turns as fast as I could in the Mustang as this vehicle is a little taller and not as wide."

I love my Escape

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "myfordtouch, sync"

Cons: "stereo sound, back seats don't adjust"

"I absolutely love my escape, I have the SE with the 2.0 ecoboost and 8" MY FORD TOUCH and sync. This SUV handled very well this past winter with the Automatic 4wd. I averaged 24 mpg all winter, mainly from the 15 min warm ups before I left anywhere. But now that it is nice outside I am getting closer to 28 MPG and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Great gas mileage without any sacrifice of power, it can get up and go when I need it to. I also have towed around 2000 lbs without any problems. I would recommend over and over again."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."

Still very new but loving it so far

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

"I Traded in my 08 fusion for it and for an SUV it drives just as smooth as my car did, very nice and a lot of features in it, still have not learned all of them but it is fun playing with it. Overall I am very satisfied and happy with it."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration and MPG's"

Cons: "Bigger gas tank and mysync does not always connect"

2013 Ford Escape SEL FWD

"Leather seats are comfortable and easy to clean. 2.0L getting 28mpg no highways. Turbo is fun to drive. Have no problem passing slowpokes on 2 lane roads. Exterior is sleek and sporty. Only complaints are mysync does not recognize phone and gas tank needs a couple more gallons."

2013 Ford Escape SEL FWD

Rented This car many times this year across the US

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Very fuel efficient, superb electronics"

Cons: "Seat could be more comfy."

"I travel a lot and have found myself requesting the Escape over just about all the other rentals. The car has plenty of room during my travels, is bullet proof in reliability. The electronics are second to none including hands free phone and blue tooth audio. A Very good sound system for a rental car and a solid drive. I am moving forward with buying one."

I love this car and hate to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Has all of the options, great car to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any Cons"

"I am handicapped and due to a recent hip replacement had to switch out my electric scooter which was carried on a rear hitch lift for an electric wheelchair which is much heavier. I have to buy a customized handicapped van."

Avoid This Vehicle At All Costs!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reason: Horrible Mileage, Bad Ride Quality, Broken Technology, Performance.

"First off, I want to begin by saying I have been a loyal Ford customer for over 7 years. This was my fourth Ford vehicle and after this, probably my last. The test drive will not do justice for this vehicle because the engine has this lag that just feels like it's hunting for gears all the time but unless you get it out on the road in regular driving, you won't notice it. MPG is beyond horrible. I combined for 15 to 16 MPG for most weeks and the best I was able to get with it was 18 one time. The sync system is worthless. It freezes at least once a day and can only be reset by turning off the car, opening the door, shutting the door and starting it back up. It doesn't understand most commands and it just a true pain. The vehicle is also so stiff with it's suspension that it is uncomfortable. You feel every little chip in the road right up through your seat. Another gripe is the carpet. It has the cheapest carpet I've ever seen in a vehicle and it's almost impossible to clean it without pulling grass and dirt out by hand because it all gets mashed. When you combine all these things, it's just not the vehicle I was expecting by far. With the price they are selling these things at, it is impossible for me to recommend this car for a buyer. Go test drive it, then drive it again... Then drive it again! If you still love it, go for it! I just think there is too many drawbacks and with Ford basically telling me it's not their problem, it has cost them a customer! I hope I was able to help!"

Ford has done it once again!

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "slick apperance, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "minor mytouch clitches"

"This is my second Ford vehicle I have owned. I am in LOVE with this SUV. I bought it about 2 months ago and I am very pleased. I have the panoramic roof which is beautiful, the MyTouch and Sync is great, and I love the automatic liftgate. The MPG is great for an SUV and all the new technology of the car is state of the art. If you are considering buying this, forget the negative reviews... I have a feeling the driver had a little to do with the problemsas well. Its a really great car. I recommend it 100%! PS. This is a BRAND new model Ford has released. Every brand new model ANY car manufactuer releases will have a few clitches, they are called recalls. If you don't want to deal with some of the MINOR MINOR clitches that MAY occur, dont buy a brand new model of a vehicle. Not saying I have had any problems, but people complaining about the clock, yeah thats annoying, but you have to consider thats the first time of them with the computer system. The car is brand new, they will fix it! BUY FORD OR BUY ANY AMERICAN CAR! SUPPORT USA!"

2014 Ford Escape Titanium Metallic

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great drive"

Cons: "sluggish screen"

"Previous car was a Toyota Camry. Towards the end, it required a lot of repairs and was never fixed correctly, so admittedly, the difference was not hard to beat. Having stated that; I test drove a lot of vehicles. In the end, I knew I wanted a crossover type so I could sit higher off the road, tow if needed, and not have to go big to do so. Out of all the crossovers I drove, the Ford Escape (Titanium Model) became my favorite. One poster stated the touch screen is not sensitive enough and sluggish and I tend to agree. However; the drive is tight. The interior roomy, and the overall design is very pleasing to the eye. This is only a month old purchase, so time will tell, but so far, I absolutely love this vehicle!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"

Impressed by Ford and their Escape models

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great MPG, clear visability, 2.0L EcoBoost Engine"

"This vehicle is great for smaller families. My husband and I were able to tow our 2012 Ford Focus, with the Escape packed to the brim with luggage, from central TX to the Frederick MD area without any issues. The gas mileage through out the trip exceeded what I though we were even gonna get (17mpg). On average I get anywhere between 23-28mpg and I drive about an even amount of city and highway. I do have the 2.0L Eco Boost engine with the turbo in it, so when it needs to move quickly the Escape will get up there with ease. The agility on it is great too."