2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,046 - $23,635.

10/7.7

7.3

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.4/10

Drives well-rides well-love the comfortable seats

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"2.0 liter 240 hp turbo pulls my 4 x 8 box trailer well and still gets about 20 miles per gallon. I would buy it again."

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive like dual climate control"

Cons: "None so far"

"I purchased a Kodiak brown Escape SE. It is not only a beautiful vehicle but a joy to drive. Miles per gallon much better than my PT Cruiser or the Journey I traded in. The dealership has been very helpful and the whole experience has been great."

Step up from a subaru

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, European driving characteristics,"

Cons: "OEM Tires - not for dirt roads here in NE"

"After owning Subaru's for years, finally a grown up yet sporty AWD. Great this winter with winter tires - same as on my departed Impreza Sport. Much more reliable for mix of stop and go and highway driving. Much more comfortable drive and less than 1 mile per gallon less tops. Seats are comfortable (SE version) and durable. Driving position excellent. Service from local dealer was great during December recall - was given Titanium to drive (still liked my SE better). Only complaint about recall is that they didn't extend my Sirius. Sync - she is a cranky old bitty. Sometimes she likes me, sometimes not. New age Subaru - what the new Forester should have been."

Nice design-fun to drive, but many problems.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "Mechanically a flop with nothing but problems."

"I have owned two 2013 Escapes. The first one was the Titanium Sport Utility two wheel drive with the 1.6 engine engine. After being recalled and forced to park it, traded it in for the 2.0 engine. Requested that Ford help with this financially, since my first Escape was recalled after I had owned it for only 2 weeks. Ford refused. Second Escape is being traded off today after it quit on the highway with a warning to have engine serviced now. Ford service could not find any thing wrong. This vehicle at least three times, has made a very loud clunking sound and jerked driving on the highway as if AWD was either kicking in or out. Sync system is terrible to work with. As I summarized, this vehicle is fun to drive and look at, but mechanically, it was put on the road by Ford without being fully tested on the road."

1.6L Engine ate drive belt 2500$ damage

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "pleasant to drive, loads of tech features"

Cons: "Engine failed due to belt, warranty useless"

Drive belt wrapped around timing belt pulley $2449 to repair

"We loved the features of the 2013 Escape. The fuel mileage was lower than advertised by a couple mpg but still pretty good. At 52000 miles the serpentine belt failed and got pulled into the timing belt. The timing was thrown off and caused $2449 in damage. Neither the powertrain warranty or extended service plan covered the cost of the repairs, as the belt is a non covered part. Any damage caused by non covered parts is also excluded from coverage by any factory warranty."

Drive belt wrapped around timing belt pulley $2449 to repair

Have this as a rental

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

I want this car

"and I don't want to give it back!!! I am hooked and have made a '2 yr plan' to purchase this exact model in the fall of 2014(love the new sleek look!)Anyone who owns one ENJOY!"

Does everything I need it to and some!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I always get compliments on how the vehicle looks. It handles turns and rough roads with no problems. The vehicle runs great towing a trailer. The engine has some kick to it and the turbo lag is hardly noticeable. The interior is great, although I wish it had somewhere to hold coins. It sounds good when driving I am getting 21.9 mpg with all city driving. Definitely a Vehicle I would recommend."

Very pleased with this Ford

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great ride and easy handling"

Cons: "srotage access and cup holders"

"I have had this car for 5 weeks now and have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems at all getting around 27 to 28 mpg with plenty of pickup in the 2.0. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank so far thats my only complant the electric steering is the best it took some getting use to but now we love it the My Touch has had no problems go far let me drive this car another 6 months to see if anything changes"

buyers remorse - but it's still an upgrade!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cheapest Ford suv option,"

Cons: "mpg, multiple recalls, SYNC malfunction,"

"I went from an old Ford Explorer to this car. The gas mileage is not what I was expecting, but an obvious upgrade from the 1999 Explorer. I bought the car in July 2012, and feel like Ford did too much with it. The Sync system works, for the majority of the time, but every now and then it will freeze, or get stuck on a screen and the only way to fix it is to get out of the car and turn it off. A big pain when you are on a road trip. Also, the recalls have been a nuisance. The dealership I bought the car from thankfully has been excellent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am paying for a car that gets taken from me every few months for at least a week at a time. Very inconvenient. I am wishing I would have waited to purchase the car until it had been out for a while. the estimated 33 mpg has been a joke. I have taken long trips in the car and averaged only 22 mpg- all highway miles. That is very frusterating. Having a bit of buyers remorse..."

Air Conditioner problems!!!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, good pickup."

Cons: "Air conditioning problems."

"Initially purchased to replace a seven year old Honda CR-V. Loved the way the Ford drove and the power from the 2.0 turbo engine. Smooth and quiet ride. However, after just 5500 miles we began to have air conditioner problems. Would not cool, spit water from the vents, and stopped working altogether. The Dealer performed a TBS service on it and it ran for another day then stopped. Car is once again at the dealers awaiting repair. I have read that this is a common problem with these vehicles and I would not recommend them. If this is the kind of problems we will encounter during the life of the vehicle I am not happy. Especially in Florida, and needing the car to attend medical treatments this is unacceptable."

best handling and power

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Reason: new car

Pros: "great car to drive, handling great on cruves"

Cons: "console arm rest to far back."

"This was my 3rd Escape 4/4. Great on highway. Loads of power when needed to enter the freeway."

Not a great ride

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "zippy, ok price, liftgate"

Cons: "poor seat design, poor storage design"

"This car really is alot of hype. My friend has one and is not happy. It does not give great gas mileage as projected. The seating is terribly uncomfortable - seats are short, the leatherette and cloth combo is awful. There is very little storage areas for things. The cup holders are few. I feel like I am in a cockpit when I sit in the passenger seat. The seat wraps around my legs and there is very little area to move around. When driving the Escape, I feel there is too much going on with the dash and controls."

Second Escape - great small SUV

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Good power and lots of room."

"I loved my first Escape (2005), so chose to stick with this vehicle. After my salesman tried to add $1,000 in "extras" onto my Internet price, could it be that I am a woman???, he finally took it back off. I had to have my windshield redone, alot of wind noise, and my gas mileage immediately improved. I average about 25/26 in town, 27/28 on the highway. My hatch handle and liner came out, they just tightened the screws again and so far so good. But I love the car, love the Bluetooth, and especially that I can plug in my ipod. I have as much power in this 4 cyl compared to my previous 6 cyl. I really have no complaints."

Really not pleased

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileagge"

"This is my fourth Ford vehicle. I have many years of good service and cars from ford, except for my 2013 Escape. The mileage is real BAD! I am Getting around 16 to 17mpg and each time I call ford they say "give it a few more miles" The service department took it for a ride and said they were getting 19mpg... how they got that number I do not know. I took the same route and got no where near that. I know two other owners who are having the same problem and would like to hear from others."

Love the car.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "Small but comfortable."

"Fun to drive, good looking and good gas mileage. The titanium options are great. No problems or issues to this point."

Great car; great mileage; handles well

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money; nice ride."

Cons: "Glove compartment poorly designed; not functional."

"I purchased the titanium fully loaded. The car is comfortable to drive and I commute 100 miles/day. It gets an average 27 mpg with 32 mpg if just driving highway. My complaints are minor. The glove compartment imbetween the 2 front seats is poorly designed. It is impossible to plug in a usb or adapter without taking everything out. The backup camera is great. The blind spot lights are helpful, but would be better with sound. Overall the care drives very well."

I Love my Escape, I look for reasons to drive it.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, quiet smooth fun!"

Cons: "Center console storage is not well designed."

"I have the 2014 Escape SE AWD 1.6L Ecoboost engine with Leather, I look forward to driving it, and look for any reason to drive it. It is quiet and smooth, but has power when you want it. Gas mileage is great, it is up to you and how you drive to get the mileage advertized! I have seen reviews saying they only get 15 mpg, you would have to try to get that bad, or just sit and idle all day long. I love playing with all the toys that come on it, the Sync and myford touch are not difficult to learn or use unless you have never used a computer or smart phone. It is a great car, I can't wait for winter and test out the AWD. Love it and recommend it to anyone looking at a small SUV."

Nice vehicle for a small truck.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "I consider this a best in class small SUV"

Cons: "A bit small cargo area for an SUV"

"I have a 4wd ecoboost 2.0 which I traded a 2007 Ford Mustang for. Before the 2007 Mustang I had a 2000 Mustang GT. I was concerned the Escape would not have enough power. I am pleased that I was wrong. Great performance. It does not spin the wheels like my GT but is very peppy. The ride is a little stiff like the GT but is to be expected in a small truck which this technically is. I am 6'2" and weight 240 lbs and find the front seats comfortable. The back seat is a little small for me. The only downside to this vehicle is a rather small payload area, even with the seats down. There is a learning curve on the options for the transmission and the console electronics. I also wish I had the upgraded sound system which I had in my Mustangs. The 4wd version is a little louder than than the 2wd version. I also have to be careful to not take turns as fast as I could in the Mustang as this vehicle is a little taller and not as wide."

I love my Escape

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "myfordtouch, sync"

Cons: "stereo sound, back seats don't adjust"

"I absolutely love my escape, I have the SE with the 2.0 ecoboost and 8" MY FORD TOUCH and sync. This SUV handled very well this past winter with the Automatic 4wd. I averaged 24 mpg all winter, mainly from the 15 min warm ups before I left anywhere. But now that it is nice outside I am getting closer to 28 MPG and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Great gas mileage without any sacrifice of power, it can get up and go when I need it to. I also have towed around 2000 lbs without any problems. I would recommend over and over again."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."

Still very new but loving it so far

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

"I Traded in my 08 fusion for it and for an SUV it drives just as smooth as my car did, very nice and a lot of features in it, still have not learned all of them but it is fun playing with it. Overall I am very satisfied and happy with it."

Great get up and go

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "Beauty, power, agility."

Cons: "No place for my purse and small items."

"I owned a 2005 Escape, I loved it so much that I looked at a few others, including luxury vehicles, before, just buying a new Escape. I have the 2.0L Titanium with sun roof. It seems to have as much power as a V6, the eco-boost is great! My only complaints so far, are small. There is no room for my stuff except in the large door pocket. Placing a purse within arms reach is impossible if there is a passenger. The center console is too deep and busy to be useful for grab while driving items, nor can I use it as an armrest because it is behind my elbow, and my husbands also, so it has little to do with seat placement. A real armrest attached to the seat would be nice. The above are small inconveniences when I consider the beauty and power of this car. I love the look and the fun drive. The others that I tested were just drives, this car is a fun drive, almost like driving an old Firebird. so keep up the good work Ford!"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration and MPG's"

Cons: "Bigger gas tank and mysync does not always connect"

2013 Ford Escape SEL FWD

"Leather seats are comfortable and easy to clean. 2.0L getting 28mpg no highways. Turbo is fun to drive. Have no problem passing slowpokes on 2 lane roads. Exterior is sleek and sporty. Only complaints are mysync does not recognize phone and gas tank needs a couple more gallons."

2013 Ford Escape SEL FWD

Rented This car many times this year across the US

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Very fuel efficient, superb electronics"

Cons: "Seat could be more comfy."

"I travel a lot and have found myself requesting the Escape over just about all the other rentals. The car has plenty of room during my travels, is bullet proof in reliability. The electronics are second to none including hands free phone and blue tooth audio. A Very good sound system for a rental car and a solid drive. I am moving forward with buying one."

Great vehicle if you can afford it

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "see my review"

"Tilt wheel clunky to operate glove compartment stupid, open door and everything falls out center console too deep to be convenient fog lights must just be there to pretty as they really don't give you any visibility I might be nitpicking but you ask mechanically no problems seems like too many recalls though other than that great vehicle no problem fun to drive and boy does it have pep will get another, just hope not so many re calls on the next one"