2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,797 - $23,364.

10/7.7

7.1

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

My first SUV and love it!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Quiet...comfortable...power liftgate"

Cons: "None so far"

"After owning cars all my life I decided to give an SUV a try. I traded my Fusion for a 2014 Titanium. After a recent 500 mile road trip I feel I made the right choice. It is quiet and very comfortable to drive and ride in. After a month I am getting 28 mpg with the 1.6 turbo. Having used sync in my previous Ford I have found that the system works well. Shortly after I bought it I updated the Sync and now it has very few glitches. Didn't rate reliability because I haven't had it long enough. However, the quality of fit from the factory was excellent."

Best of all the compact SUV's

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "By far the most fun to drive compact suv"

Cons: "Would love just a bit more cargo space"

"I test drove the Escape, Equinox, CRV and Rav4 before deciding on the Escape. I made the right choice. Its more fun to drive, very comfortable, quiet ride and so far the fuel economy is about what I expected. The Ford Sync is a bit complicated but well worth learning because of what it can do."

The best and worst car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "comfort, phone sync, backup camera, space, looks"

Cons: "Voice-contolled dashboard, MPG not up to specs"

"Certain aspects of this car is quite simply the best I've ever owned. I'll start there; it gets an A+. This would be the handling, comfort,visibility, keyless entry and ignition, back-up camera, phone sync, roomy well-planned space, outward appearance; it's the abslolute BEST!Now for the other. Dashboard computer voice to operate radio/GPS/weather, etc. This is a nonnegotiable standard option and is beyond horrible, worst I've ever seen, and I started driving in 1966. It's not just the Computer voice not comprehending. No, you must then put up with the game of 20 questions or get schooled in options you already understand - or just start over. Manual options exist but very difficult to access. Next: Car advertised highway miles up to 31 MPG. I live in a rural ranch area so I'm nearly always highway. Best mileage ever: 22 MPH. Next: Eco-booster option on titanium; Car kicks in low on every single hill. Could be reason for the poor gas mileage. Very disastisfied with up-n-go, except around town and from a dead stop it picks up good. Overall rating for me: C+ to B- It all depends on the features that most float your boat."

Really not pleased

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileagge"

"This is my fourth Ford vehicle. I have many years of good service and cars from ford, except for my 2013 Escape. The mileage is real BAD! I am Getting around 16 to 17mpg and each time I call ford they say "give it a few more miles" The service department took it for a ride and said they were getting 19mpg... how they got that number I do not know. I took the same route and got no where near that. I know two other owners who are having the same problem and would like to hear from others."

Rented for 1 week

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't own this car

"Nothing like driving 11 hours straight in a car to get a good feel of it. The rental only had 3K miles. It handled great, very easy to drive. The blind spots were a little difficult at first but it has additional side mirrors to help with that. The drivers seat had lumbar support but the others did not, so both of us were uncomfortable when not driving. Got pulled over in the evening because apparently there is a dial to turn off the tail lights! What~!? This shouldn't be legal, the cop said we were the 3rd of that vehicle type that he has had to pull over for that. Got decent gas mileage for a 4WD (25 MPG). Overall it's a very nice car, but it's not for me."