2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,849 - $23,358.

10/7.7

7.1

Based on 147 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Maybe my last Ford...

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Style, size, carlike ride"

Cons: "Poor mileage, wind noise, no cargo cover."

"I've always driven Ford's but this may be my last. I almost bought a Subaru Outback but settled for the Escape SEL. I like the size, most of the features, drives easy, looks good. Really disappointed with the mileage - it is nowhere near what they predict. Averaging 21.5 mpg so far which is ridiculous. Ford service blames the winter fuel mix... Mileage is important to me and I should have bought something else... at least that is how I feel at this point."

Nice small SUV, some disappointments

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Because of garage limitations in a townhouse, had to go with a small SUV. With the turbo, the best mileage is about 24; gas tank too small. Nice ride and pick up."

Solid small SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Price, comfort, quiet, reliable, value."

Cons: "A little tight interior"

"Bought my Escape SE on January 18. I have 6,500 miles as of April 21. I love the car overall. It is fun and comfortable to drive, gets good enough full economy and has plenty of fun gadgets. Mine has the 1.6 liter engine, the exterior package, power rear hatch and the dual zone climate control. It's almost fully loaded for a SE. The MSRP on it was over $27,000. The dealer knocked off $2,500 of that for me and gave me $3,000 trade in on my 2002 Honda Civic. So I got it for about $21,000. My financing came to 3.4 percent for four years. I put $10,000 down and my payments are $280 a month. I was very fortunate to be able to do that. Coming from the Honda, the car is awesome. I'm getting about 25.5 mpgs. I think that will stay the same over the long haul and I'm satisfied with that. If you're someone with a larger family or you are a larger person, then I would not reccomend this car to you. It's a little tigher on the inside than a CRV. But it's perfect of me, a single 5'6" guy. I don't find the touchscreen my ford touch to be difficult to use. Although it occasionally loses connection with my iPhone. I don't know why. The sound quality is also good. I love the dual zone AC because I'm a hot natured guy while my girlfriend is alway cold. I'm very satisfied with this car. It does everything I need it to do with a very quiet and comfortbale ride. You do not hear much road noise in it. I do like the new RAV4s I see driving around, but I think the value I got in this car with the deal I got it outweighs that of a RAV4. I hope it stays that way. In short, at least check out the Escape. If you can get a SEL or Titanium at the end of the model year for a good deal, take it. It'll be worth it."

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Typical small SUV

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

"Likes- the power of the 1.6. The good handling. The good steering feel. Very little wind and road noise. Dislikes- The lack of ease dealing with the Synch system. It sometimes doesn't reconnect my iphone when I get back in the car. Ft. seat bottoms too short and back seats are even shorter. Handbrake takes up usable room on console."