2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,018 - $23,591.

10/7.7

7.2

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"

Impressed by Ford and their Escape models

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great MPG, clear visability, 2.0L EcoBoost Engine"

"This vehicle is great for smaller families. My husband and I were able to tow our 2012 Ford Focus, with the Escape packed to the brim with luggage, from central TX to the Frederick MD area without any issues. The gas mileage through out the trip exceeded what I though we were even gonna get (17mpg). On average I get anywhere between 23-28mpg and I drive about an even amount of city and highway. I do have the 2.0L Eco Boost engine with the turbo in it, so when it needs to move quickly the Escape will get up there with ease. The agility on it is great too."

Best vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy on rough roads"

"One of the best cars ever.compact yet has good room a cargo size. Sync and Eco boost make it one of the best in the industry"

DO NOT BUY the 2013 Ford Escape

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, good sound system, spacious trunk,etc"

Cons: "horrible computer system, horrible brakes,HORRIBLE"

"I just graduated college and this is my first car with my new job. After a 20 minute test drive with the Ford Escape and hearing about all the options my heart was set on getting this car.... which I did! WORST DECISION EVER. I have had the car approximately 1.5 months and it is going in tomorrow for its THIRD service. The brakes squeal and the service department "cant fix it" because they "don't know why it's happening". The computer constantly freezes and the clock keeps resetting itself to the time when I turned the car off. As of tomorrow, under VA law, I can return the car under the Lemon law. WHICH I WILL. Never ever again will I buy a Ford model car. BUYER BEWARE."

The worst car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Reason: Bad gas mileage and multiple mechanical problems.

Pros: "I loved the panoramic roof."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage and multiple mechanical problems."

"Back in 2004, I wanted to buy an Escape. I bought a Honda Odyssey instead, which turned out to be the best "daddy car" ever. I ran it into the ground (180K miles), but always thought the Escape looked cooler. So when it came time to trade the Odyssey in, I went back to the Escape and immediately bought the first car I found that had all the options I was looking for. The next week I had to bring it in for an engine fire recall--the THIRD one for the 2013 Escape. That got my attention. The idea was to hand the Escape over to my son once he started college. How could I do that with a car that had a history of engine fires? More importantly, I got AWFUL gas mileage. Where it's rated at 30 on the highway, I got a highway average of 23.7 and a city average of 19.3. I got better mileage with my Odyssey, which was a bigger, heavier car! I put an average of 2,000 miles a month on the Escape, and I was going to the gas station every 2-4 days. It was costing me a fortune. The hands free lift gate is a big selling point with this car, but it doesn't work. I spent a lot of time kicking the back of the car trying to get it to open. Eventually I gave up and started using the key. The other annoying thing was that the gate never closed completely, and I would have to get, go outside, and kick the gate shut. The touch feature on the doors rarely worked either, especially if it was wet or cold outside. I ended up going to the key fob most of the time to open the car, too. The Sync system was the most annoying feature of the entire car. It rarely ever worked. Forget about having it look up a restaurant or a point of interest (POI) that was more than a mile or two away. It was completely incapable of doing that. I learned to check the directions it gave me with the Maps function on my iPhone because most of the time there was an easier way that was more directed, avoided heavy traffic, or was free from tolls. If I wanted to hear a song on my iPod, forget that, too. That was too complicated for it. I owned my Escape for a year, and there wasn't a day when I didn't tell myself that I hated that car. I finally got rid of it this weekend, and it's probably the first time I wasn't sad. There were a few good memories in that car, but they were completely unrelated to the car itself. In fact, my favorite moment may have been when I saw it in the rearview mirror of my new car as I drove away. And the kicker? My new Prius has more trunk space! If you like the newest thing and money and gas mileage aren't important to you, you might enjoy the Escape. Avoid the Sync system, if possible, and forget that the hands free lift system is even there."