2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,917 - $23,488.

10/7.7

7.1

Based on 164 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Runs great

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and quiet"

"Some electrical problems with interior lights and hatchback lift won't open and has no key to open. no power going to it."

Cute little SUV

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Good looking, handling, high feature content"

Cons: "Poor MPG for 2.4 L, priced close to bigger SUVs"

"I have '13 Titanium, fully loaded. Besides few glitches with navigation, some ocasional rattles, intermitten function of hands-free tail gate operation it is a very nice vehicle. Small gas tank requires good planning for long trips. 20.2 MPG (computer readings) is not that great at all. But four people will be comfortable for 3-4 hours, enough space for luggage, good stereo, etc."

Nice vehicle.

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "Using screen to change and/or see things."

Cons: "Drives fine, good mileage, plenty of room"

"Could use some improvement on design of radio/screen and middle storage. But is a very good car to drive."

Impressed by Ford and their Escape models

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great MPG, clear visability, 2.0L EcoBoost Engine"

"This vehicle is great for smaller families. My husband and I were able to tow our 2012 Ford Focus, with the Escape packed to the brim with luggage, from central TX to the Frederick MD area without any issues. The gas mileage through out the trip exceeded what I though we were even gonna get (17mpg). On average I get anywhere between 23-28mpg and I drive about an even amount of city and highway. I do have the 2.0L Eco Boost engine with the turbo in it, so when it needs to move quickly the Escape will get up there with ease. The agility on it is great too."

worst vehicle ever...has significant design issues

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "none"

Cons: "interior and exterior lights do not shut off"

"1) interior and exterior lights do not shut off for 15 minutes after the car is turned off. expect to be lit up for long periods of time if you are sitting in the car with the engine turned off. forget tail gating or star gazing...the lights stay on for 15 minutes and if you make the mistake of touching one of the handles or opening a door, the 15 minutes starts all over again. 2) heater in auto mode comes mostly out of the upper registers and very little from the floor so your feet freeze; you have to switch to manual to adjust to the floor vents which are very small. 3) dashboard controls are hard to reach and visibility of the lower push button controls is blocked by the gear stick. 4) asked Ford about item 1 above and they said that the escape interior/exterior lights cannot be adjusted for safety reasons.....really??"

Love it

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, nice looking"

Cons: "Smaller gas tank for a SUV"

"I love the Escape, inside and out. The only thing I would change is how small the gasoline tank is. And sometimes the InSync system doesn't recognize the voice commands which can get a bit annoying."

Nice features, drives great, 2.0L is great

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Great equipment, nice power with 2.0l ecoboost."

Cons: "smallish in back seat."

"traded our 13 Honda cr-v ex-l in for a 14 ford escape titanium, both awd. the ford makes it feel like we were driving an antique in the Honda. Much better features and drivablity. The Honda seats were terribly uncomfortable. Great power with the turbo 2.0 ford ecoboost. Will check the mileage when we get about 2 or 3 thousand miles on it. sync is nice, power lift gate nice, towing capacity is good, Sony radio excellent, power memory driver seat, roof rack and so on for only a couple thousand more than our Honda. beautiful sunset paint."

Wife's car that she loved.

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Great driving vehicle with good utility for its si"

Cons: "Improve fuel economy."

"Great car to drive that was my wife's. Only complaint is wish fuel economy bit better. Typical 22-23 in town and 29 plus on highway. My wife loved the car until recently when while stopped to may a left turn her Escape was rear-ended by a 2009 Toyota. The driver of the Toyota was, according to police traveling between 40 and 50 mph. The driver made no effort to brake before impact. I drove the escape home. The front-end of the Toyota looked exploded with no recognizable body panel up to the windshield. It was towed away. My wife suffered minor injuries with some bruising."

Very satisfied

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Extremely comfortable, great visibility, nice responsive feel, good fuel economy, loaded with features and technology."

Don't Buy a Ford

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Reliability"

"After having an issues with the Turbo Waste gate at 5ooo miles and 4 Recalls the transmission went out at 81000 miles I am the only driver and they were mostly highway miles I was told since I didn't spend 2ooo dollars on the extended warranty I should be glad they offered to pay 40% of the bill. After disassembly they stated the forward clutch seal was bad. I asked how that can be as I had a 2006 Escape with 169,000 miles and no issues a 2009 that I gave to my daughter with 195,000 miles and no seal issues but my 2013 with 81,500 does? They said it just happens LOL. Thank you Ford for chasing away a loyal Ford customer for over 36 years to looking to buy a Honda!"

my liftgate on my 2013 ford escape opens all the

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"My litigate on my 2013 ford escape opens all the way then drops down 6 to 10 inches I have took back Ford two times already be careful it will close down on you."

Last recall ruined my Escape

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reason: Recalls

Pros: "Eco Boost"

Cons: "Too many recalls!"

"After the last recall for the 1.6, I do not recommend a Ford."

I love this car!

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "none yet"

"So far, this is a great car. Much better than I anticipated before first driving it. It's very comfortable, handles well and has plenty of room. I gave it an 8 in reliability only because I just bought it 6 months ago, and need to drive it longer."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "All and all a great vehicle."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage."

"Everything about this vehicle is great. One item that could be improved is the gas mileage."

Do not buy (unless you want to buy mine!)

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "multiple recalls, sync feature is hit or miss"

"I bought my 2013 Ford Escape in October 2012. Since then, I have had it to the dealership for four (4) recalls, and I had to have a rental car for one (1) of the recalls due to the length of time for the repair. This past weekend, all of the lights flickered and the car would not start. Thanks to AAA (again!) for their assistance in getting the car to the dealership. Ultimately, the dealer determined a new battery was needed rather than an alternator as they first thought (a new battery after 25K miles?). I do not feel safe because I have zero confidence in the reliability of the vehicle. I called "the mother ship": i.e., Ford to register a formal complaint and perhaps have them buy back the vehicle. No luck. It does not meet the Colorado "lemon law" criteria, so I am unable to take that route. My intention was to trade it in for something else this week, but unfortunately, I have found that the trade-in value has taken a significant hit. I often see the message "displays in the vehicle may not be updated with the new language" when I turn on the car. The Sync feature in this Escape has been troublesome as well. It frequently will not find my phone. I have found that if I turn off the car and re-start it, the phone will magically be found. Same thing with the radio or other features: i.e., won't work, but I can "reboot" by restarting the car. Really????? Not exactly an action you can take while you are actively driving. Ridiculous. Save yourself from the worries of owning this vehicle and look for something else."

One of the worse cars I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"The interior is nice except for the door handles, which are tiny. The front exterior slants downward and I feel unsafe driving this vehicle. It is on it's 3rd recall and is a 2014. Getting rid of it by next week, devalued over $7,000.00 since purchased Nov. 29, 2013, that tells you something."

Fun, responsive, love the sunroof. 2014 1.6 SE

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reason: Just too small for us.

Pros: "Love the sunroof for seeing the stars at night."

Cons: "It'seally just a tad tight, space-wise."

"Fun, responsive, back-up camera's really great for avoiding pedestrians o n dark nights in parking lots. Albeit hard rear seats,they do hold passengers into position, no slop about a flat rear bench seat. A bit of noise from roof, cannot figure out why. Long waisted spouse has 3 fingers of clearance from the roof if he sits in the most effective way for the auto. Good turning radius, good breaking, and I'd hoped to hand this down to our kid when entering college, but it's too small for us to keep in the meanwhile."

Worst new Ford out of 4 owned

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Just a ride"

Cons: "no power, No AC, stopped 7 times in 13 months, 8k"

"AC stops working, Fords fix failed, Car drifts esp in cross wind, due to the EPS, it is a fail 13+ recalls, handle to close rear door broke, engine under powered, poor gas mileage"

Love It

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"Car was perfect from the start and is still great"

Fun, Fun, Fun!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well in weather, nice power"

Cons: "Cabin space is small, electronics are weak."

"I have the 2013 2.0 liter turbo charged version of this car. The good: This car is a blast to drive. The first weekend I had it I woke up early Saturday morning just to drive it around for hours. Its been a year and I still love to drive it. It handles like a car and acceleration is not an issue thanks to the huge power boost the turbo provides. It gets around well in the snow (mine is 2WD) and is sturdy in heavy rain. The controls for the radio and cruise control are well placed. The bad: Seems small inside. My wife and I bump into each other getting drinks from the cup holder. The much talked about Ford Sync is not very impressive especially if you are used to an iPhone or Android device. In comparison the Sync is like going back to a flip phone. There is a USB slot near the charger but plugging anything into it other than their limited list of devices wreaks havoc on the computer. I plugged in a Galaxy tablet to charge and the entire car computer crashed. I had to shut the car off and restart it twice before it came back. Do I recommend this car? Absolutely. These little things are really nothing in the grand scheme of it all. This car is a winner."

Great so far with minor issues

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "gas millage, very fun to drive, looks"

Cons: "NO WHERE FOR COINS, issues with some interior trim"

"I bought my 2013 Ford Escape SEL slightly used to replace a gas guzzler GMC Envoy. I have now owned pretty much every SUV/Crossover Ford makes Explorer, Excursion, Expedition, Edge and now the Escape. Out of all of them I place only the Edge above this one as far as being fun to drive. I originally was not shopping for this car I went to the dealership for a used Fusion. I test drove both and and in the end decided the Escape while not quite as efficient as the Fusion was a better driving experience for me at least I prefer sitting up a little. First thing I noticed was the 2.0 turbo 4 banger. It does not feel like a 4 cylinder at all. Great acceleration fells as powerful as the 6 cylinder I loved in my Edge but feel is a little sluggish in my 2013 Explorer. The interior is pretty comfortable nice leather seats and cushioned surfaces on the door panels. Lots of cup holders and cubbies. The AC is great much better than my previous Edge. It feels bigger to me on the inside than it looks on the outside granted the back seat does feel a little cramped but the front is fine for average height adults. I love the panoramic moon roof and the MyTouch Sync works great. I am getting an average of 24 MPG which is about what I was hoping for. No mechanical issues so far. Did I mention how much I love the 2.0 Turbo engine? It really is very fun to drive feels and handles almost like a small sports car. Ok for my complaints. First the center console is horrible. It is small and deep and there is no where for COINS! I plan on buying an insert to fix this I have seen online. I have two interior trim issues that I need to get fixed. One is a small piece of trim that holds the glove box closed one side broke off so my glove box is only held closed on one side. The other is something broke on the interior door panel of the back hatch it is only connected on one side. This was rattling driving me crazy until i figured out what it was and temporarily fixed it with the universal tool duct tape. Thank God I am getting decent gas millage because the tank is tiny! Not a huge deal for me but something I wished was improved. There is some minor rattles seems like it is mostly connected to the moon roof. Nothing that makes me want to max the stereo volume or anything. Overall I am happy with the escape. If I had it to do over I may go with the Edge again which has been the favorite of all my cars but the Escape does get a little better gas milage and that was my primary concern. Btw incase you couldn't tell I am a Ford guy through and through the GMC I bought that was replaced by this vehicle will be my last "cheat" on Ford."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Amazingly convenient and useful electronics"

Cons: "A little buzzy inside (but not bad)"

"I've had a lot of higher-end cars recently but got this as a second car largely to be used to ferry our old dog and our teenage soccer playing son. I fell in love with this vehicle however! It's fun to drive and I've never had a car whose electronics do so much for you and so intuitively. One paddle activates the voice recognition (which works almost flawlessly), the Navi, the audio system, everything. You don't have to take your eyes off the road for anything. The touchscreen controls are very easy to understand (Miscrosoft designed the system I understand) and extremely useful. The car will literally park itself for you (it takes the wheel). OK: it's not a European touring sedan so it's not as quiet as a $60,000 car and you maybe get a little more 'road feel' to your backside then you might like if you're used to those cars. However, I AM used to those cars (and still own a 2014 Audi Q5) and prefer driving this little Ford."

Issues that Ford idenified as Standard for Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Cost of the Car"

Cons: "Eveything else"

"When the Service Department tells you that it is standard for the hood of the vehicle to visually vibrate then there is a problem. When two dealership technician does not know the basic on how the SYNC system works and the system is blinking off then there is a problem. And when Ford agrees that this is how the vehicle is suppose to operate!!! Enough said!!!"

Awesome vehicle!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive with good handling, utility, economy"

Cons: "seats 4 adults and a few small bags in the back"

"Great mileage, very good utility and quality, all at a great price."

Nice car with lots of issues

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Styling, interior."

Cons: "12+ recalls, difficult service."

"This car has never let us down on the road; however, it has received 12+ recalls (#13 pending). It is light years ahead of the old model in style and interior. Engineers for this car should be spanked, though. Look under the hood in one; it is a nightmare and I'm sure the service techs cringe when one comes in. To change the battery, need to completely remove the air intake box and computer module; battery, along with other stuff, is tucked way back under the cowl. A service tech on Youtube rated this one of the most difficult to replace oil filter on. Cheap plastic connections. I really do not have confidence in long term for this car. Reluctantly, it will be traded when paid for. Too bad; I really liked the car and wanted to believe in Ford (my first new one)."