2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,977 - $23,564.

10/7.7

7.2

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.4/10

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Very nice automobile

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun, cool looking, techno heavy and a great value."

Cons: "Mileage a bit lower than stated."

"I have researched the vehicle prior to buying it, I chose the titanium with nav, parking technology and a tow hitch. I haven't yet towed anything, but that's why I got it. Compare it to what else is out there, including the higher end suv's and you will likely choose it as well. Very nice stuff in this vehicle. As far as value, it's not that bad either. Mileage is a bit lower that what is stated, but I have pretty much stayed off the freeways. Very well thought out, compared to the Acura, this wins by a mile and a half, much cheaper and more comfort. The Kia is junk, rav 4 way under powered. The GM options don't even come close, a short test drive in the Chevy was over and I eft the dealer within an hour, it's way overpriced, the BMW, very nice, but expensive! could almost buy two of these. Lexus, nice as well, but really, the fords seems better in value and looks. I thought the Mazda was close, but it felt cheap and tinny. They say this model is bigger that the 2012 version, I am not totally convinced, but drivability.....no comparison. The older one felt sluggish and tank like, I seem to forget this s a suv. Easy to get in and out and visibility is the best I've seen. Good job ford, hopefully the pesky recall issues are resolved, otherwise I see this being a real winner. If you buy something else without at least test driving this, you are indeed crazy."

Great, Versatile and Fun Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, powertrain, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than advertised."

"Before signing the check for my new Escape SE, I researched and drove every competitive vehicle. The Escape won me over due to it's design, forward thinking, utility, comfort, mileage and overall driving characteristics. Coming from a premium brand AWD vehicle, I was at first skeptical, but I've come to really appreciate and love this vehicle. It drives and handles extremely well, and feels well-planted on the road. The seating is extremely comfortable, although the footwell is a bit tight, it's not too tight for my 6'0", 185 pound frame. The engine is extremely quiet - something I didn't expect from a small turbo, and the automatic transmission is very smooth. Fit and finish are on par with more expensive vehicles, which I believe is the reason it costs slightly more than others in it's class. I also love the Sync with MyFordTouch, and don't understand why some complain about it. It's intuitive, and easy to learn to operate. So far, I haven't been getting the EPA's rated fuel mileage, but it's probably due to my driving style and frequent stop and go traffic. The best I've done yet is 29 mpg when driven mostly highway miles. As with all vehicles, I expect the mileage to improve once broken in. I also love the auto-tailgate option, though I don't have the "foot motion" option, which I don't feel is necessary. All said, I love this vehicle."

Best Escape EVER 2013 SEL 2.0L

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Handling..Plenty of Get Up and Go.."

Cons: "Hump in Front of the Seats"

"Owned it for 6 weeks now to replace my 2007 XLT Escape..Boy what a difference. Better Power..Great handling..Average 27.8 MPG Looked at the Titanium but didn't see a use for the 4 wheel drive and Moon Roof..So went with the 2.0L SEL. Glad to have made the purchase..took it the first weekend on a 2,000 mile road trip..averaged 29.6 MPG on the trip. Only item I dislike is the hump in front of the seats..I'm 5' 10" and when you pull your foot back it gets in the way...otherwise really happy with the vehicle."

4th Ford I have owned or leased

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Great value,Titanium has all bells and whistles."

Cons: "No front bumper protection."

"What a great job Ford has done. Having owned several Fords, this one is best so far. The Power of the 2.0 Eco Boost is amazing,using High test has given me better Gas milage. The 2014 Escape is more of a crossover then a SUV....If you want plenty of power to get on highway or pass that cellphone user, this is the ticket.Only drawback is front grille and bumper..No protection from people who can't park in front of you..Park assist is amazing. Sync is complicated, but if you have a teenager they can figure out full potential.Have nothing Bad to say! I look forward to many miles of enjoyment.Blows away CRV and RAV4.Proud to own an american car.Voice commands are easy to use ,but speak clearly.Gas milage not as promised and I chalk that up to not being broken in yet..Only 200 miles so far..As far as safety, you have many air bags to protect you and your passengers from harm..Bravo Ford"

Awesome car!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to drive, sweet ambient lighting"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

This is Bonni Blue.

"Researched this car to replace a 2010 Sport trac. Needed a car with better gas mileage. Love the design and love the technology package. Gas mileage is working up to where it needs to be but already better than the sport trac. Love the remote start feature. Husband picked the color but it looks so much better in person."

This is Bonni Blue.

great car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Ford hit the jackpot with this one"

Cons: "a little pricy"

"Started to research this vehicle before dealers started evev getting them in.Contacted my ford dealer to let me know when they started to get them.The first one they got was black,a color I wasn't particularly interested in.The evening I went out to look at it they had just gotten a sel model in fully loaded I test drived and bought it that same night.What a great vehicle.Even if you don't like suv's you'll love this one."

My 10th Ford and I'm not having these issues.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Style,Handling,Blind Spot Recognition"

Cons: "Quirky Sync"

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

"2013 Titanium 4x4 loaded. I average 24 mpg mixed driving and on long trips I have gotten 30 mpg, hills will kill the mpg, when I drive up to the mountains for skiing I avg 22 mpg round trip. No issues with quality of this vehicle no rattles sticking windows etc. Yes Sync is a little quirky and sometimes won't connect to my Android phone, shut BT off/on and all is ok. Good ride and tackles the snow as any 4x4 should, other's complain about being stuck and throttle response not good, shut off the traction control (like the manual says) and you will be fine. I do have the issue in wet slushy snow of hydroplaning a bit, 19" low profile tires who are you kidding this is going to happen. I bought a set 17" plain steel wheels with snow tires for next year. Overall after 6 months I'm very pleased with this SUV."

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

Titanium AWD 2.0 liter/10,000 mile update

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "tight european drive, mileage, mytouch"

Cons: "seats firm- I like, but may not appeal to some"

"Now at 10,000 miles for a titanium 4WD 2.0 I bought in April of 2014.I drive 80 miles a day round trip in commuting including winding hills and some interstate mixed driving. Mileage now 26.5 mpg. Not bad at all, and exactly as advertised. Continues to hug the road as if it is a much more expensive sports car.Excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. My touch has worked flawlessly. Never a problem."