2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,826 - $23,333.

10/7.7

7.1

Based on 147 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Worst new Ford out of 4 owned

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Just a ride"

Cons: "no power, No AC, stopped 7 times in 13 months, 8k"

"AC stops working, Fords fix failed, Car drifts esp in cross wind, due to the EPS, it is a fail 13+ recalls, handle to close rear door broke, engine under powered, poor gas mileage"

Love It

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"Car was perfect from the start and is still great"

Fun, Fun, Fun!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well in weather, nice power"

Cons: "Cabin space is small, electronics are weak."

"I have the 2013 2.0 liter turbo charged version of this car. The good: This car is a blast to drive. The first weekend I had it I woke up early Saturday morning just to drive it around for hours. Its been a year and I still love to drive it. It handles like a car and acceleration is not an issue thanks to the huge power boost the turbo provides. It gets around well in the snow (mine is 2WD) and is sturdy in heavy rain. The controls for the radio and cruise control are well placed. The bad: Seems small inside. My wife and I bump into each other getting drinks from the cup holder. The much talked about Ford Sync is not very impressive especially if you are used to an iPhone or Android device. In comparison the Sync is like going back to a flip phone. There is a USB slot near the charger but plugging anything into it other than their limited list of devices wreaks havoc on the computer. I plugged in a Galaxy tablet to charge and the entire car computer crashed. I had to shut the car off and restart it twice before it came back. Do I recommend this car? Absolutely. These little things are really nothing in the grand scheme of it all. This car is a winner."

Great so far with minor issues

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "gas millage, very fun to drive, looks"

Cons: "NO WHERE FOR COINS, issues with some interior trim"

"I bought my 2013 Ford Escape SEL slightly used to replace a gas guzzler GMC Envoy. I have now owned pretty much every SUV/Crossover Ford makes Explorer, Excursion, Expedition, Edge and now the Escape. Out of all of them I place only the Edge above this one as far as being fun to drive. I originally was not shopping for this car I went to the dealership for a used Fusion. I test drove both and and in the end decided the Escape while not quite as efficient as the Fusion was a better driving experience for me at least I prefer sitting up a little. First thing I noticed was the 2.0 turbo 4 banger. It does not feel like a 4 cylinder at all. Great acceleration fells as powerful as the 6 cylinder I loved in my Edge but feel is a little sluggish in my 2013 Explorer. The interior is pretty comfortable nice leather seats and cushioned surfaces on the door panels. Lots of cup holders and cubbies. The AC is great much better than my previous Edge. It feels bigger to me on the inside than it looks on the outside granted the back seat does feel a little cramped but the front is fine for average height adults. I love the panoramic moon roof and the MyTouch Sync works great. I am getting an average of 24 MPG which is about what I was hoping for. No mechanical issues so far. Did I mention how much I love the 2.0 Turbo engine? It really is very fun to drive feels and handles almost like a small sports car. Ok for my complaints. First the center console is horrible. It is small and deep and there is no where for COINS! I plan on buying an insert to fix this I have seen online. I have two interior trim issues that I need to get fixed. One is a small piece of trim that holds the glove box closed one side broke off so my glove box is only held closed on one side. The other is something broke on the interior door panel of the back hatch it is only connected on one side. This was rattling driving me crazy until i figured out what it was and temporarily fixed it with the universal tool duct tape. Thank God I am getting decent gas millage because the tank is tiny! Not a huge deal for me but something I wished was improved. There is some minor rattles seems like it is mostly connected to the moon roof. Nothing that makes me want to max the stereo volume or anything. Overall I am happy with the escape. If I had it to do over I may go with the Edge again which has been the favorite of all my cars but the Escape does get a little better gas milage and that was my primary concern. Btw incase you couldn't tell I am a Ford guy through and through the GMC I bought that was replaced by this vehicle will be my last "cheat" on Ford."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Amazingly convenient and useful electronics"

Cons: "A little buzzy inside (but not bad)"

"I've had a lot of higher-end cars recently but got this as a second car largely to be used to ferry our old dog and our teenage soccer playing son. I fell in love with this vehicle however! It's fun to drive and I've never had a car whose electronics do so much for you and so intuitively. One paddle activates the voice recognition (which works almost flawlessly), the Navi, the audio system, everything. You don't have to take your eyes off the road for anything. The touchscreen controls are very easy to understand (Miscrosoft designed the system I understand) and extremely useful. The car will literally park itself for you (it takes the wheel). OK: it's not a European touring sedan so it's not as quiet as a $60,000 car and you maybe get a little more 'road feel' to your backside then you might like if you're used to those cars. However, I AM used to those cars (and still own a 2014 Audi Q5) and prefer driving this little Ford."

Issues that Ford idenified as Standard for Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Cost of the Car"

Cons: "Eveything else"

"When the Service Department tells you that it is standard for the hood of the vehicle to visually vibrate then there is a problem. When two dealership technician does not know the basic on how the SYNC system works and the system is blinking off then there is a problem. And when Ford agrees that this is how the vehicle is suppose to operate!!! Enough said!!!"

Awesome vehicle!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive with good handling, utility, economy"

Cons: "seats 4 adults and a few small bags in the back"

"Great mileage, very good utility and quality, all at a great price."

Nice car with lots of issues

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Styling, interior."

Cons: "12+ recalls, difficult service."

"This car has never let us down on the road; however, it has received 12+ recalls (#13 pending). It is light years ahead of the old model in style and interior. Engineers for this car should be spanked, though. Look under the hood in one; it is a nightmare and I'm sure the service techs cringe when one comes in. To change the battery, need to completely remove the air intake box and computer module; battery, along with other stuff, is tucked way back under the cowl. A service tech on Youtube rated this one of the most difficult to replace oil filter on. Cheap plastic connections. I really do not have confidence in long term for this car. Reluctantly, it will be traded when paid for. Too bad; I really liked the car and wanted to believe in Ford (my first new one)."

Best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot.

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and reliability plus all the amenities!"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Handles and responds like a dream. Ford scored a home run on this vehicle! I would certainly buy another Escape."

should have never bought

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "air vents that open to your legs in the front seat"

Cons: "mileage comfort quality mileage oh and mileage"

"I have owned for over a year now, best mileage I have ever received was 24.9 and I drove highway all day everyday. The only reason I bought this car was because of the mileage. drive more than 30 min and my legs fall asleep, cheap, 1st month of use when I closed the back hatch with the pull down handle I ripped the entire interior door off. very squirrely on the road if there is any wind you will be white knuckling it for sure and small wheel movement makes you feel like your gonna flip it"