• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,511 - $23,044.

10/7.8

6.9

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

Rented for 1 week

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't own this car

"Nothing like driving 11 hours straight in a car to get a good feel of it. The rental only had 3K miles. It handled great, very easy to drive. The blind spots were a little difficult at first but it has additional side mirrors to help with that. The drivers seat had lumbar support but the others did not, so both of us were uncomfortable when not driving. Got pulled over in the evening because apparently there is a dial to turn off the tail lights! What~!? This shouldn't be legal, the cop said we were the 3rd of that vehicle type that he has had to pull over for that. Got decent gas mileage for a 4WD (25 MPG). Overall it's a very nice car, but it's not for me."

Awesome car!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to drive, sweet ambient lighting"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

This is Bonni Blue.

"Researched this car to replace a 2010 Sport trac. Needed a car with better gas mileage. Love the design and love the technology package. Gas mileage is working up to where it needs to be but already better than the sport trac. Love the remote start feature. Husband picked the color but it looks so much better in person."

This is Bonni Blue.

Nice design-fun to drive, but many problems.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "Mechanically a flop with nothing but problems."

"I have owned two 2013 Escapes. The first one was the Titanium Sport Utility two wheel drive with the 1.6 engine engine. After being recalled and forced to park it, traded it in for the 2.0 engine. Requested that Ford help with this financially, since my first Escape was recalled after I had owned it for only 2 weeks. Ford refused. Second Escape is being traded off today after it quit on the highway with a warning to have engine serviced now. Ford service could not find any thing wrong. This vehicle at least three times, has made a very loud clunking sound and jerked driving on the highway as if AWD was either kicking in or out. Sync system is terrible to work with. As I summarized, this vehicle is fun to drive and look at, but mechanically, it was put on the road by Ford without being fully tested on the road."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25