2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,581 - $23,186.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

2014 Ford Escape Titanium Metallic

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great drive"

Cons: "sluggish screen"

"Previous car was a Toyota Camry. Towards the end, it required a lot of repairs and was never fixed correctly, so admittedly, the difference was not hard to beat. Having stated that; I test drove a lot of vehicles. In the end, I knew I wanted a crossover type so I could sit higher off the road, tow if needed, and not have to go big to do so. Out of all the crossovers I drove, the Ford Escape (Titanium Model) became my favorite. One poster stated the touch screen is not sensitive enough and sluggish and I tend to agree. However; the drive is tight. The interior roomy, and the overall design is very pleasing to the eye. This is only a month old purchase, so time will tell, but so far, I absolutely love this vehicle!!"

so far so good

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "good styling, good gas mileage & fun to drive"

Cons: "leg room"

"I bought my 2014 SE in Nov. 2013, ans so far very happy with my purchase. My only complaint is leg room. I am 6'2 and wish front console was not so big...I think a smaller person would be ok. 12000 miles and no problems what so ever, ride is very comfortable and milage around 26 city. I am very pleased with my Escape so far."

Not what you expect from Ford!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not even close to what Ford claims."

"Do not waste your time or money!! Gas mileage is terrible, I bought this car for the gas mileage and it is not close to what Ford claims. I can barely get 24 MPG highway and mine is 2WD which Ford says gets 30MPG. Brakes squeak, wind noise much higher than comparable vehicles"

Impressed by Ford and their Escape models

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great MPG, clear visability, 2.0L EcoBoost Engine"

"This vehicle is great for smaller families. My husband and I were able to tow our 2012 Ford Focus, with the Escape packed to the brim with luggage, from central TX to the Frederick MD area without any issues. The gas mileage through out the trip exceeded what I though we were even gonna get (17mpg). On average I get anywhere between 23-28mpg and I drive about an even amount of city and highway. I do have the 2.0L Eco Boost engine with the turbo in it, so when it needs to move quickly the Escape will get up there with ease. The agility on it is great too."

Well made, handles well, quiet, good power, ecnmy

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Ford buil this well and not a bailed out company."

Cons: "Not really."

"2013 Ford Escape Titanium with tow package and all options. Only complaint is Ford should design tow package to still work with the tailgate function with foot, since the package to get this it is included then you add the tow package and you pay for it but does not function. This escape looks good, rides great, good pickup with 2.0 eco boost turbo, easy to get on the interstate and pass cars, good gas mileage averaging about 19.2 in city, was built well, no defects so far, quiet sound, rides nice, handles well. Got the Kodiak Brown, almost black depending on light of day and changes a little with different lights. Leater is nice, seats comfortable, good storage, may could use a little more cubbies to stuff extras."

Very satisfied

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Extremely comfortable, great visibility, nice responsive feel, good fuel economy, loaded with features and technology."

Bad Bad Bad Gas Mileage

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"My new 2014 FORD ESCAPE SE SUV 2WD averages only 21 MPG at best, on the same route I drove my truck and was getting 19-20 MPG with my truck. I am on the interstate most of the drive also. I am very disappointed with the mileage, it is no where near Ford's promise of 32 on highway and 25 in city. Spoke to Ford Service manager about this. He mentioned 2014 EOC boast engines were over heating and a program was added to cool engines down recently. He could not say if dropping engine temperature lower the gas mileage projections or not. Also, Cruise control requires looking down at a screen to see were you are in a menu. Needs to be simpler. If your phone is listed in link system the SUV prompts you over and over about every few miles until you link it up to your phone in the link menu, especially if using a blue tooth head set. There should be a way to limit prompts to link phone. There should be a way to exit linking system without deleting iphone off SUV if you wish to use a blue tooth device part of the time or want to take a call on your own phone. Not all calls need to be public to everyone all the time. This SUV is fun to drive otherwise with good power."

Do Not Buy a 2013 Ford Escape!!!!!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "13" longer than the old version."

Cons: "Sync System, gas mileage bad!"

"Worst car I have ever owned! DO NOT BUY!!!!! Since the first week I had the car I've had problems with the sync system not connecting, the clock resets itself regularly - I can't trust the clock on the car because it's always going back an hour or 15 minutes or anywhere in between. Not to mention the gas mileage is terrible, nothing like what Ford claimed it would be. I think the worst part is that when I brought it in to have them fix the problem they tried at first and then decided that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. When you call the customer complaint line, you get someone who can only pass you to the appropriate people and the appropriate people aren't available and you can only leave a message. Turns out Ford has only one person in charge of a region and no matter how many times you call, you only end up playing phone tag with them. I do not recommend buying the 2013 Ford Escape or any of their vehicles, Ford will not stand behind any problems with the vehicles."

Fun, Fun, Fun!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well in weather, nice power"

Cons: "Cabin space is small, electronics are weak."

"I have the 2013 2.0 liter turbo charged version of this car. The good: This car is a blast to drive. The first weekend I had it I woke up early Saturday morning just to drive it around for hours. Its been a year and I still love to drive it. It handles like a car and acceleration is not an issue thanks to the huge power boost the turbo provides. It gets around well in the snow (mine is 2WD) and is sturdy in heavy rain. The controls for the radio and cruise control are well placed. The bad: Seems small inside. My wife and I bump into each other getting drinks from the cup holder. The much talked about Ford Sync is not very impressive especially if you are used to an iPhone or Android device. In comparison the Sync is like going back to a flip phone. There is a USB slot near the charger but plugging anything into it other than their limited list of devices wreaks havoc on the computer. I plugged in a Galaxy tablet to charge and the entire car computer crashed. I had to shut the car off and restart it twice before it came back. Do I recommend this car? Absolutely. These little things are really nothing in the grand scheme of it all. This car is a winner."

The best and worst car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "comfort, phone sync, backup camera, space, looks"

Cons: "Voice-contolled dashboard, MPG not up to specs"

"Certain aspects of this car is quite simply the best I've ever owned. I'll start there; it gets an A+. This would be the handling, comfort,visibility, keyless entry and ignition, back-up camera, phone sync, roomy well-planned space, outward appearance; it's the abslolute BEST!Now for the other. Dashboard computer voice to operate radio/GPS/weather, etc. This is a nonnegotiable standard option and is beyond horrible, worst I've ever seen, and I started driving in 1966. It's not just the Computer voice not comprehending. No, you must then put up with the game of 20 questions or get schooled in options you already understand - or just start over. Manual options exist but very difficult to access. Next: Car advertised highway miles up to 31 MPG. I live in a rural ranch area so I'm nearly always highway. Best mileage ever: 22 MPH. Next: Eco-booster option on titanium; Car kicks in low on every single hill. Could be reason for the poor gas mileage. Very disastisfied with up-n-go, except around town and from a dead stop it picks up good. Overall rating for me: C+ to B- It all depends on the features that most float your boat."