• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,511 - $23,044.

10/7.8

6.9

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Maybe my last Ford...

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Style, size, carlike ride"

Cons: "Poor mileage, wind noise, no cargo cover."

"I've always driven Ford's but this may be my last. I almost bought a Subaru Outback but settled for the Escape SEL. I like the size, most of the features, drives easy, looks good. Really disappointed with the mileage - it is nowhere near what they predict. Averaging 21.5 mpg so far which is ridiculous. Ford service blames the winter fuel mix... Mileage is important to me and I should have bought something else... at least that is how I feel at this point."

2WD with 1.6 with 44,000m

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

I don't own this car

"Pluses-good handling, corners flat. Good low end power. Smooth transmission, but too easy to slip it into first(rather than drive)from reverse. Good instruments and stereo. Good brake feel. Warms up quickly in cold weather. 27 MPG. Only service has been oil changes. Nothing has broken. No problems whatsoever Minuses- hard ride but getting better. Emergency brake takes up center console room. Terrible back seats. Noisy windshield wipers. More road noise than I would like. Note: This car is a company car. I did not order it."

too many problems to overlook

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "great in theory"

Cons: "poor manufacturing"

"Engine recall, bad seat motor, sticking door handles, bad alignment, bad strut bearings, bad struts, and more. Also had issues with the memory seat recall and my ford touch...not to mention the poor fuel economy."

Disastrous Quality and Poor Performance

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice Stereo"

Cons: "Extremely Poor Quality, MPG, Value and Safety"

"Our 2013 Escape has had 7 recalls in the first year. We had an incident where all of the wiring burned out of the vehicle, requiring everything to be replaced, car still smells like burnt plastic. The Synch system works about 50% of the time and the GPS takes about 15 mins to start working. We've had a few different plastic pieces in the interior break off from normal use. Gas mileage is poor for a 4 cylinder at 21 mpg. We looked at trading the vehicle in to get rid of it, but its value has plummeted so low that we will be stuck with it for a while."

Nice Car, but not made for a normal male to drive

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

I don't own this car

"My father in law purchased a 2013 Escape and we took it on a 4000 mile trip. The car drove very nicely. Enjoyed the sirus radio very much. The navigation system was very good too. Rear cargo room seemed to about the same as our 2008 Escape. The 2013 seemed to quieter than the 2008. What I didn't like was how small the front seats were. I am 5'11 and 195lbs. My hips didn't fit on the seat and I couldn't get my back to fully rest against the back of 5.7the seat. About 1 1/2 to 2 hours was all I could take driving this car because of the seat. Then I saw the commercial and saw the little lady that helped design it. Guess you have to be about 100lbs to fit the seats well. Also the gas mileage was not that good. 25.7 average. Our 2008 the year before got almost 28 doing the same trip. I will either look at an Explorer or Edge for my next SUV or to another manufacturer. My wife also commented it just doesn't seem like a SUV, more like a car."

Don't Buy

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks Cute"

Cons: "Cheap interior, bad mileage, poor heat"

"I bought my car one week ago. So far some plastic parts have come off in the back. I keep smelling exhaust in the cabin of the car. The brake is rough. It takes almost 20 minutes to warm the cabin, and the heater vents point at the ceiling instead of the passengers. The back seat is so hard that we could never go on a long trip with our kids in tow. The driver seat is situated in such a way that there is no place to rest your elbow while driving on long trips. We have a 2011 Escape and it is much nicer as far as the seats and interior component quality. The mileage I am getting even with the "ecoboost" engine is less than with the older escape. I am getting 21 mpg - the same as my 8 cylinder lincoln. Bad purchase."

Gas mileage isn't what they say it would be

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and console to small and to deep"

"This is an awesome vehicle but the issue that I have with it is the mileage. We were told that we would get 32 mpg which is a lie. My husband done it by paper and it gives us only 22 mpg. I get 24 mpg with my GT. I drive this to go back and forth to work the same like my mustang. We got this with 11390 miles on it, brought it back and they reset the system which now reads 25 - 25.9 mpg but by paper it still is 22 mpg. They say that they can't do anything but for us to trade it in which we would have to pay any difference. We are no longer a Ford fan. We will not buy a Ford vehicle again plus none of our children will either. My husband always had a Ford vehicle."

Feels like I'm back driving a european car -

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Great European styling; fair price"

Cons: "no cold weather package"

"Also known as the Ford Kuga in other parts of the world it's great to see we can finally get the upgrade here in the US. Drives like a German - good to see European technology with fuel economy. The ideal car for today's economy. Gas pedal and brake feel a little close together. CVT is seamless, 100% better than Subaru's. Have the SE model. Would like heated mirrors for here in the North East. European quality. Although higher priced than some perceived competitors, a bargain when compared to BMW and Volkswagen comparables to the tune of $thousands. Added mudflaps - came from Germany, but surprisingly missing parts!"

good small auto sync sucks

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Good ride and MPG not for large people in front seats. Sync system very complicated and clock has problem since purchase. Been back 2 times and 3 phone calls still not working corect."

Terrible gas mileage - don't buy!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice and drives nice"

Cons: "Dismal gas mileage"

"I bought this 2014 Titanium Escape in September. I have gotten rotten gas mileage from the very beginning (22-24 mpg)initally and not down to 19 mpg. The dealership said that that Ford wouldn't do anything until 10,000 miles. Now at 10,000 miles they say nothing is wrong. I drive almost totally highway miles and am not getting close to the 28 mpg that I am supposed to get. I don't see what is so great about this EcoBoost. I am disappointed in my dealership and Ford. Now if I want to get rid of the vehicle, I will have to pay the difference and lose money on the mileage that I have put on it. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting any kind of gas mileage."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25