2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,607 - $23,198.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

My 10th Ford and I'm not having these issues.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Style,Handling,Blind Spot Recognition"

Cons: "Quirky Sync"

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

"2013 Titanium 4x4 loaded. I average 24 mpg mixed driving and on long trips I have gotten 30 mpg, hills will kill the mpg, when I drive up to the mountains for skiing I avg 22 mpg round trip. No issues with quality of this vehicle no rattles sticking windows etc. Yes Sync is a little quirky and sometimes won't connect to my Android phone, shut BT off/on and all is ok. Good ride and tackles the snow as any 4x4 should, other's complain about being stuck and throttle response not good, shut off the traction control (like the manual says) and you will be fine. I do have the issue in wet slushy snow of hydroplaning a bit, 19" low profile tires who are you kidding this is going to happen. I bought a set 17" plain steel wheels with snow tires for next year. Overall after 6 months I'm very pleased with this SUV."

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

Very pleased with this Ford

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great ride and easy handling"

Cons: "srotage access and cup holders"

"I have had this car for 5 weeks now and have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems at all getting around 27 to 28 mpg with plenty of pickup in the 2.0. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank so far thats my only complant the electric steering is the best it took some getting use to but now we love it the My Touch has had no problems go far let me drive this car another 6 months to see if anything changes"

Headache of a Car - Ford 2013 SEL

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Interior Design, Foot Activate Lift Gate"

Cons: "MyFord touch Not Working, Wind Noise"

"After purchasing this car it gets RECALLED (Dec 2012). So, I wasn't able to enjoy the vehicle for 2 months it was sitting at the dealerships lot. Something to do with car bursting into flames or something. After FINALLY getting to drive our semi-brand new car (I say semi- cause it was driven by the dealership during the 2 month stay...gave us 150 miles... to our "brand new car") Now the car has problems. The MyFord Touch goes blank OFTEN, while driving some type of wind noise can be heard in the car, the handle to the door from the outside gets jammed, so your door won't close. You have to find a way to close it until you can drive. The blue lights that you can turn on or off for your interior smells like burning if you turn it back on from being off. Explains why the dealership service depo always turns it off. The car itself drives good, nothing to complain there. Interiors are lovely. The driver seat doesn't always remember your seat settings. Sometimes the car seat is way too high even after not adjusting it. I leave my seat adjustments alone but when I go to start my car after a long work day it's either way too high or way too low. Doesn't remember your settings? Is it suppose to do that? Oh did I mentioned I brought my car into the dealership service department NUMBER of times to fix the MyFord touch ALWAYS, ALWAYS going blank? I was recommended to buy Ford. After the test drive I decided it is a good car. But after owning it for 3 months, its a car FULL of headaches and frequent visits to the dealership service department. Did I mention this is a brand NEW car I purchased?"

Great car to drive

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Good deal very comfortalbe. Good milage"

"WE love ours 25.4 mpg right off the lot. WE have put 1200 miles in 14 days and the average mileage is 24.7mpg. That includes freeway and city with a lot of 10 mile per hour driving in parks. We have the SE base package with the 2.0"

Maybe my last Ford...

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Style, size, carlike ride"

Cons: "Poor mileage, wind noise, no cargo cover."

"I've always driven Ford's but this may be my last. I almost bought a Subaru Outback but settled for the Escape SEL. I like the size, most of the features, drives easy, looks good. Really disappointed with the mileage - it is nowhere near what they predict. Averaging 21.5 mpg so far which is ridiculous. Ford service blames the winter fuel mix... Mileage is important to me and I should have bought something else... at least that is how I feel at this point."

Nice small SUV, some disappointments

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Because of garage limitations in a townhouse, had to go with a small SUV. With the turbo, the best mileage is about 24; gas tank too small. Nice ride and pick up."

Solid small SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Price, comfort, quiet, reliable, value."

Cons: "A little tight interior"

"Bought my Escape SE on January 18. I have 6,500 miles as of April 21. I love the car overall. It is fun and comfortable to drive, gets good enough full economy and has plenty of fun gadgets. Mine has the 1.6 liter engine, the exterior package, power rear hatch and the dual zone climate control. It's almost fully loaded for a SE. The MSRP on it was over $27,000. The dealer knocked off $2,500 of that for me and gave me $3,000 trade in on my 2002 Honda Civic. So I got it for about $21,000. My financing came to 3.4 percent for four years. I put $10,000 down and my payments are $280 a month. I was very fortunate to be able to do that. Coming from the Honda, the car is awesome. I'm getting about 25.5 mpgs. I think that will stay the same over the long haul and I'm satisfied with that. If you're someone with a larger family or you are a larger person, then I would not reccomend this car to you. It's a little tigher on the inside than a CRV. But it's perfect of me, a single 5'6" guy. I don't find the touchscreen my ford touch to be difficult to use. Although it occasionally loses connection with my iPhone. I don't know why. The sound quality is also good. I love the dual zone AC because I'm a hot natured guy while my girlfriend is alway cold. I'm very satisfied with this car. It does everything I need it to do with a very quiet and comfortbale ride. You do not hear much road noise in it. I do like the new RAV4s I see driving around, but I think the value I got in this car with the deal I got it outweighs that of a RAV4. I hope it stays that way. In short, at least check out the Escape. If you can get a SEL or Titanium at the end of the model year for a good deal, take it. It'll be worth it."

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Typical small SUV

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

"Likes- the power of the 1.6. The good handling. The good steering feel. Very little wind and road noise. Dislikes- The lack of ease dealing with the Synch system. It sometimes doesn't reconnect my iphone when I get back in the car. Ft. seat bottoms too short and back seats are even shorter. Handbrake takes up usable room on console."

Very Dissapointed

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Bad vehicle"

"Very bad gas mileage,20.4 combined city and some highway,wind noise,clock keeps changing time on its own,radio and synch system freez up constantly.Very disappointed with vehicle so far.To many recalls.Dissapointed with Ford."

Love it except SYNC has problems, brakes squeal

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable and love the lighting"

Cons: "Brakes and SYNC, lack of storage compartments"

"Very disappointing that Ford is taking so long to fix the squealing brakes. All contained storage compartments are deep and everything falls to the bottom. Preset entertainment system cannot be personalized so you hit the M button a lot. If you sync your phone the car is primary so don't think you can handle business calls without a lot of interruped conversations. SYNC performs "maintenance" so you have no service and no warning. Other than this I absolutely love the vehicle. Gas milage averages 24 mpg"

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive like dual climate control"

Cons: "None so far"

"I purchased a Kodiak brown Escape SE. It is not only a beautiful vehicle but a joy to drive. Miles per gallon much better than my PT Cruiser or the Journey I traded in. The dealership has been very helpful and the whole experience has been great."

Worse SUV ever!!!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Nice price for what has to offer"

Cons: "To many issues and things that don't work"

"I have had this SUV for 6 mths and has been in the garage so many times. It seems that just when I get it back it goes back in for another problem. My biggest is that if you have an iphone it does not work with the SYNC system. I have also had this system black out on me. Every time I think that it is fixed something happens again. Beside the SYNC issue I have had others that are major. Brake issues, trunk not opening or shutting, tranmisson, sensor problems, you name it and the list can go on. I'm very disappointed in the Ford product and would advise someone not to buy this SUV unless your ready to deal with issues."

Great Style... Enjoyable to drive and stylish.

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and super features"

"2013 Escape Titanium is very eye catching in Ruby Red and meets the driving safety I desired. Great features and very pleased to drive and own! The Park Assist is worth the safety and connivence and the foot activated power rear lift gate is awesome."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."

Buyers Remorse

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "New and Comfortable"

Cons: "Scary flaws in new Technology"

"I was, at first, In love with this car. For the money and the new technology I thought I was getting a good deal. One month later... I have no car. Not more than 1 month after driven off the lot this vehicle started to make a huge thud after eceleration from a complete stop. With small children in the car it was very scary. This vehicle has transmition problems. Due to the fact it is a new engine, they have no idea how to fix it or even were to start. It has been 2 weeks and I am still in a rental. Mothers... do yourself a favor and buy a different vehicle!!!"

Disappointed with price/long term design issues.

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

"I sincerely hope I’m wrong but the Escape (2013) may be Ford’s worst nightmare. I’ve driven my Escape just over 3,000 miles and found the following design flaws; the heater seems to take forever to warm up, thank goodness it’s garage kept; there is no light surrounding or inside the ignition switch which make starting the car in the dark quite cumbersome when trying to insert the key in the ignition; under certain circumstances, when hitting pot holes, the back struts on both sides seem to be hitting the under frame; I’m not sure if this is by design or a flaw in the transmission but I’ve never driven an automobile where the transmission down shifted when going down hill and stayed in that gear when going back up the next hill, either way this feature or flaw causes high RPM (1000+ increase) on the motor which is not good for the life of the motor or gas mileage"

CAR IS A GOOD SIZE BUT, NOT VERY SMOOTH IN DRIVING

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "SIZE AND SOME COMFORT TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NOT ENOUGH POWER AND LIGHTING DISPLAY"

"HAD THE CAR IN THE SHOP TO BE FIX BY RECALLS MORE THEN I HAVE HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF DRIVING IT. WISH I WAS TOLD ABOUT THE OPTIONAL ENGINES THAT WAS OFFERED. I AM QUITE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SALE AND THE DEALERSHIP THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM. WAS NOT TOLD OR MY WIFE ABOUT THE DIFFERENT FEATURES THAT WAS AVAILABLE. IF WE WERE WE WOULD OF GOT ONE BETTER BY LONG SHOT MORE EQUIPPED. BUT, NEXT TIME WE WILL BE DEALING WITH A BETTER DEALERSHIP AND A BETTER SALES PERSON."

Very nice automobile

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun, cool looking, techno heavy and a great value."

Cons: "Mileage a bit lower than stated."

"I have researched the vehicle prior to buying it, I chose the titanium with nav, parking technology and a tow hitch. I haven't yet towed anything, but that's why I got it. Compare it to what else is out there, including the higher end suv's and you will likely choose it as well. Very nice stuff in this vehicle. As far as value, it's not that bad either. Mileage is a bit lower that what is stated, but I have pretty much stayed off the freeways. Very well thought out, compared to the Acura, this wins by a mile and a half, much cheaper and more comfort. The Kia is junk, rav 4 way under powered. The GM options don't even come close, a short test drive in the Chevy was over and I eft the dealer within an hour, it's way overpriced, the BMW, very nice, but expensive! could almost buy two of these. Lexus, nice as well, but really, the fords seems better in value and looks. I thought the Mazda was close, but it felt cheap and tinny. They say this model is bigger that the 2012 version, I am not totally convinced, but drivability.....no comparison. The older one felt sluggish and tank like, I seem to forget this s a suv. Easy to get in and out and visibility is the best I've seen. Good job ford, hopefully the pesky recall issues are resolved, otherwise I see this being a real winner. If you buy something else without at least test driving this, you are indeed crazy."

buyers remorse - but it's still an upgrade!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cheapest Ford suv option,"

Cons: "mpg, multiple recalls, SYNC malfunction,"

"I went from an old Ford Explorer to this car. The gas mileage is not what I was expecting, but an obvious upgrade from the 1999 Explorer. I bought the car in July 2012, and feel like Ford did too much with it. The Sync system works, for the majority of the time, but every now and then it will freeze, or get stuck on a screen and the only way to fix it is to get out of the car and turn it off. A big pain when you are on a road trip. Also, the recalls have been a nuisance. The dealership I bought the car from thankfully has been excellent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am paying for a car that gets taken from me every few months for at least a week at a time. Very inconvenient. I am wishing I would have waited to purchase the car until it had been out for a while. the estimated 33 mpg has been a joke. I have taken long trips in the car and averaged only 22 mpg- all highway miles. That is very frusterating. Having a bit of buyers remorse..."

Car Has Nothing but excellent Engine!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "2.0L Turbocharged engine"

Cons: "inside is a letterbox! Forget about comfort!"

"I bought this car only for the 2.0L Turbocharged engine. The Car can accelerate from 0 to 60 in just a tow touch. But the inside is a letterbox! You will be squeezed in! Cargo is small, rear seat is 'LOW' and Flat. Forget about comfort! Only reason I bought is 22-31mi/gal but still have some SUV feature. Otherwise, it is overly priced more of a cheap East European Car or Asian Car model! More like a Steering on Four Wheels. Ford makes $$ on it for sure. It should be sold a fair price of $19K to $22K, not at the price tag of $38K that I paid for SEL Technology model. I would rather bought a GM SUV's if it would have Turbocharged Engine."

Looks good. Drives fine. Bad on Gas

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Sync, driveability"

Cons: "Mileage, gas tank, space"

"The new Escape SEL is a solid looking and well appointed car. Lots of new features, etc. Drives pretty good for a small SUV. I have the 1.6L Ecoboost engine and am unfortunately disappointed in the gas mileage as well as the tank size (~12 gallons). I split my time between highway and city and get about 21.4mpg, that along with the small tank means I am filling up every 180-220 miles or so. Also, while comfortable, the cab is smaller, and the trunk is also smaller than its prior model. Pretty average in the snow as well for a FWD car. Was excited to get the car, but am not blown away now."

2 days and loving it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Sporty,quick,excel braking, maneuvers well."

Cons: "A little small inside"

"It's true I have had this car only two days, but i am absolutely in love with,it. It's quick, sporty, comfortable, and everyone stares at it. The body style is so much better than previous escapes. I haven't owned a Ford before, this is my first. Been looking at this car for the last few months and comparing it to other makes. Decided on this one as my husband loves the sync etc. he has a Ford Truck he loves. I have always had bigger SUVs , but the size of this isn't too small, but it definitely Is not for people who are larger. Chose the platinum white which is beautiful With the tan leather interior. I look forward to driving this for the next five years ....."

One of the nicest cars we've owned.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Economical, great performance, nice styling."

Cons: "Passenger seat comfort, front and back."

By the sea.

"The styling is a refreshing change and the handling and performance is outstanding. We drive some moderately high mountans 3 to 4 times a month and the EcoBoost engine is terrific. We still manage to average 24-25 mpg overall, and when I've purposely checked highway mileage it has generally come in at 29+ ("they" say that improves over time). We ordered the car and have only had it five months so I can't speak to the reliability but we had an earlier version of the Escape and it was great! Based upon initial experience, this is definately a car we would purchase again and recommend."

By the sea.

Love it!!!!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Only seats up tp 5 people."

"Very nice!"