2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,577 - $23,208.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 178 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

Awesome car!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to drive, sweet ambient lighting"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

This is Bonni Blue.

"Researched this car to replace a 2010 Sport trac. Needed a car with better gas mileage. Love the design and love the technology package. Gas mileage is working up to where it needs to be but already better than the sport trac. Love the remote start feature. Husband picked the color but it looks so much better in person."

This is Bonni Blue.

great car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Ford hit the jackpot with this one"

Cons: "a little pricy"

"Started to research this vehicle before dealers started evev getting them in.Contacted my ford dealer to let me know when they started to get them.The first one they got was black,a color I wasn't particularly interested in.The evening I went out to look at it they had just gotten a sel model in fully loaded I test drived and bought it that same night.What a great vehicle.Even if you don't like suv's you'll love this one."

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

My 10th Ford and I'm not having these issues.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Style,Handling,Blind Spot Recognition"

Cons: "Quirky Sync"

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

"2013 Titanium 4x4 loaded. I average 24 mpg mixed driving and on long trips I have gotten 30 mpg, hills will kill the mpg, when I drive up to the mountains for skiing I avg 22 mpg round trip. No issues with quality of this vehicle no rattles sticking windows etc. Yes Sync is a little quirky and sometimes won't connect to my Android phone, shut BT off/on and all is ok. Good ride and tackles the snow as any 4x4 should, other's complain about being stuck and throttle response not good, shut off the traction control (like the manual says) and you will be fine. I do have the issue in wet slushy snow of hydroplaning a bit, 19" low profile tires who are you kidding this is going to happen. I bought a set 17" plain steel wheels with snow tires for next year. Overall after 6 months I'm very pleased with this SUV."

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

Titanium AWD 2.0 liter/10,000 mile update

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "tight european drive, mileage, mytouch"

Cons: "seats firm- I like, but may not appeal to some"

"Now at 10,000 miles for a titanium 4WD 2.0 I bought in April of 2014.I drive 80 miles a day round trip in commuting including winding hills and some interstate mixed driving. Mileage now 26.5 mpg. Not bad at all, and exactly as advertised. Continues to hug the road as if it is a much more expensive sports car.Excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. My touch has worked flawlessly. Never a problem."