2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,577 - $23,208.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Best small SUV for the price.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "2.0 engine, leather seats, reliability"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Test drove the CRV, Mazda 5, RAV, Sorrento, Forester. Nothing in the small SUV class will out haul or out power the marvelous 2.0 engine. I have zero brand loyalty, as a matter of fact this is the first Ford I have ever owned. Workmanship and quality, is first rate, with every possible bell and whistle option you could possibly desire and I desired them all including towing package. Every option works marvelously well. Handles better than some so called sports cars, but the ride is not harsh by any means. Cabin is quite and very comfortable on long drives. Sony stereo, Navigation, Blue tooth, Sync, works as advertised and takes minutes to understand and use. Reliability has been bullet proof thus far. Very satisfied and highly recommend. Ford has converted me into a true believer."

Overall...

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "EcoBoost engine at 240hp is fun to drive"

Cons: "MyFordTouch sync software is a bit buggy"

"EcoBoost engine at 240hp provides awesome acceleration when needed! Intelligent 4 AWD system handling in the snow is great. Was unable to get the car to slide even at 4000 RPM. Actual mileage is less than advertised, at 20mpg around town, and 24mpg on the freeway, but that is the cost of a 240hp, AWD vehicle. MyFordTouch sync software is still a little buggy with v3.5.1, but overall works very well."

Loved this SUV!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

I want this car

"I wanted to rent an SUV for a out of town family wedding and was given the 2013 Ford Escape. Absolutely loved it! Held 4 adults with luggage comfortably. Smooth, powerful,low gas mileage ride, easy to handle and great looking! Am now considering buying one."

Excellent vehicle. Smooth running, versatile.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Good ride, responsive engine, good looks."

Cons: "No serious problems."

"I have owned my titanium since October 2012, when they first came out. Haven't had a single serious issue at all. The only nitpick is that the liftgate does not always respond to the "kick" motion for opening. The vehicle runs very smoothly -- good ride, easy handling, responsive engine. I am very happy with it thus far and would recommend it."

One of the nicest cars we've owned.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Economical, great performance, nice styling."

Cons: "Passenger seat comfort, front and back."

By the sea.

"The styling is a refreshing change and the handling and performance is outstanding. We drive some moderately high mountans 3 to 4 times a month and the EcoBoost engine is terrific. We still manage to average 24-25 mpg overall, and when I've purposely checked highway mileage it has generally come in at 29+ ("they" say that improves over time). We ordered the car and have only had it five months so I can't speak to the reliability but we had an earlier version of the Escape and it was great! Based upon initial experience, this is definately a car we would purchase again and recommend."

By the sea.

Great car.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, Sync/MyFord Touch"

"I own a 2013 SE and I love this vehicle. It meets all my needs. MyFord Touch works flawlessly, I'm getting the expected mileage and in fact I got 32mpg on a 50 mile drive on a quiet road early one morning. Another important thing - it's built tough. I was sitting at a red light last week when I was hit almost head on by another, larger, vehicle. Three airbags deployed and I walked away with only a few scratches. Due to the airbag deployment and the cost to replace them in NY, the car is a write off, but I have already ordered the 2014 model as a replacement. I looked around to test the market but could not find anything better in this segment."

An all around great vehicle.

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, powerful drivetrain, luxurious."

Cons: "Decreased leg room, average on snow."

"Much better than I expected. Amazing gas mileage and power. Handles like a small car. Absolutely satisfied with this purchase. Only two negatives: Decreased leg room (I'm 6'3"). Average handling on snow."

Typical small SUV

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

"Likes- the power of the 1.6. The good handling. The good steering feel. Very little wind and road noise. Dislikes- The lack of ease dealing with the Synch system. It sometimes doesn't reconnect my iphone when I get back in the car. Ft. seat bottoms too short and back seats are even shorter. Handbrake takes up usable room on console."

Great Ride

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Safety features, steering, acceleration"

Cons: "Haven't found any."

"Took delivery of 2013 Ford Escape Titanium on June 27, 2012. From the beginning, it was a delight to drive with great steering feedback and acceleration. I plan to use premium fuel for the extra 9 horsepower. Sure wish it had a digital speedometer available in the 4" display directly in front of the driver like the Chevy Cruze (with 1" tall digits). Great sound and navigation. Not as many storage options as my 2005 Honda CRV but I'll live with it. Love the foot activated tail gate which really makes my wife happy at the grocery store. The safety features are numerous and needed by all drivers."

Great car, good ride, poor mileage

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Great pep and handling"

Cons: "Poor mileage or not getting stated mileage"

"This is a good handling car with tremendous get up and go. The mileage stated is not what I am getting, took it back to the Ford Dealer and they claim they took it for a test drive and got the stated mileage. Just came back from a 6 hour all highway trip, got 4 to 5 miles to the gallon less than stated mileage. Have to take it back to dealer and see what I can do. Really like the sync feature and the integration of my smartphone, I can even receive texts with voice."