2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,607 - $23,198.

10/7.8

7.1

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Traveling Rep

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

"I drive approx 35-40k miles a year as a rep. This vehicle has adequate cockpit space, good storage pockets and drink holders. I do not use the rear seats, I fold them down for sample bags. I can load the back up with 4 large bags and still have room for my travel suit case. It is nice that there is no seam betweeen the cargo compartment and the fold at the back seats, one smooth surface from front seats all the way to the back. Sync is great to get local weather when out of town, as well as movie theaters with show times. I love the hands free aspect with my phone, make calls and rec calls while driving with the touch of a button on the steerring wheel. call is Clear on both ends. 26-27 MPG, I have the 2.0 engine. Test drove the 1.6 against the 2.0 and the pickup and smoothness with the 2.0 is undeniable. So far so GOOD."

Great car if your back can handle it.

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

"Initially loved the car. It handles well,rides smooth and has nice pickup with many extra interior toys included. My problem is that it is HORRIBLE on my back. I have never had issues before and now after 45-60 minutes I am in pain. Tried every setting possible but doesn't help. Amazing that one vehicle can take you from doing great to doctor and therapy visits...."

I hate almost everything about this car/suv

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "rides rough and seats are very uncomfortable"

Cons: "don't buy this vehicle"

"I hate almost everything about this vehicle. The seats are cheap and uncomfortable. My legs and back ache after only an hour's drive. The upholstery material and upholstery work is cheap looking and feeling. The console is not easy to use and the buttons are confusing. The SYNC option doesn't work well and I wish I could rip it out and leave it on the side of the road."

Excellent Vehicle & Fun to Drive

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks, smooth ride, acceleration"

Cons: "nothing"

"After test driving every small suv, I stopped in a ford dealership to see what the buzz was all about over the echo drive. I was impressed with the power and overall acceleration the vehicle had, which also gets great gas milage. Ford has come along way and have always purchased a honda. Very impressed and would recommend this vehicle to others. Fun to drive as well. Dan"

My 10th Ford and I'm not having these issues.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Style,Handling,Blind Spot Recognition"

Cons: "Quirky Sync"

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

"2013 Titanium 4x4 loaded. I average 24 mpg mixed driving and on long trips I have gotten 30 mpg, hills will kill the mpg, when I drive up to the mountains for skiing I avg 22 mpg round trip. No issues with quality of this vehicle no rattles sticking windows etc. Yes Sync is a little quirky and sometimes won't connect to my Android phone, shut BT off/on and all is ok. Good ride and tackles the snow as any 4x4 should, other's complain about being stuck and throttle response not good, shut off the traction control (like the manual says) and you will be fine. I do have the issue in wet slushy snow of hydroplaning a bit, 19" low profile tires who are you kidding this is going to happen. I bought a set 17" plain steel wheels with snow tires for next year. Overall after 6 months I'm very pleased with this SUV."

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls