2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,435 - $23,058.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 198 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

Do Not Buy a 2013 Ford Escape!!!!!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "13" longer than the old version."

Cons: "Sync System, gas mileage bad!"

"Worst car I have ever owned! DO NOT BUY!!!!! Since the first week I had the car I've had problems with the sync system not connecting, the clock resets itself regularly - I can't trust the clock on the car because it's always going back an hour or 15 minutes or anywhere in between. Not to mention the gas mileage is terrible, nothing like what Ford claimed it would be. I think the worst part is that when I brought it in to have them fix the problem they tried at first and then decided that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. When you call the customer complaint line, you get someone who can only pass you to the appropriate people and the appropriate people aren't available and you can only leave a message. Turns out Ford has only one person in charge of a region and no matter how many times you call, you only end up playing phone tag with them. I do not recommend buying the 2013 Ford Escape or any of their vehicles, Ford will not stand behind any problems with the vehicles."

Not what you expect from Ford!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not even close to what Ford claims."

"Do not waste your time or money!! Gas mileage is terrible, I bought this car for the gas mileage and it is not close to what Ford claims. I can barely get 24 MPG highway and mine is 2WD which Ford says gets 30MPG. Brakes squeak, wind noise much higher than comparable vehicles"

Fun, Fun, Fun!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well in weather, nice power"

Cons: "Cabin space is small, electronics are weak."

"I have the 2013 2.0 liter turbo charged version of this car. The good: This car is a blast to drive. The first weekend I had it I woke up early Saturday morning just to drive it around for hours. Its been a year and I still love to drive it. It handles like a car and acceleration is not an issue thanks to the huge power boost the turbo provides. It gets around well in the snow (mine is 2WD) and is sturdy in heavy rain. The controls for the radio and cruise control are well placed. The bad: Seems small inside. My wife and I bump into each other getting drinks from the cup holder. The much talked about Ford Sync is not very impressive especially if you are used to an iPhone or Android device. In comparison the Sync is like going back to a flip phone. There is a USB slot near the charger but plugging anything into it other than their limited list of devices wreaks havoc on the computer. I plugged in a Galaxy tablet to charge and the entire car computer crashed. I had to shut the car off and restart it twice before it came back. Do I recommend this car? Absolutely. These little things are really nothing in the grand scheme of it all. This car is a winner."

The best and worst car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "comfort, phone sync, backup camera, space, looks"

Cons: "Voice-contolled dashboard, MPG not up to specs"

"Certain aspects of this car is quite simply the best I've ever owned. I'll start there; it gets an A+. This would be the handling, comfort,visibility, keyless entry and ignition, back-up camera, phone sync, roomy well-planned space, outward appearance; it's the abslolute BEST!Now for the other. Dashboard computer voice to operate radio/GPS/weather, etc. This is a nonnegotiable standard option and is beyond horrible, worst I've ever seen, and I started driving in 1966. It's not just the Computer voice not comprehending. No, you must then put up with the game of 20 questions or get schooled in options you already understand - or just start over. Manual options exist but very difficult to access. Next: Car advertised highway miles up to 31 MPG. I live in a rural ranch area so I'm nearly always highway. Best mileage ever: 22 MPH. Next: Eco-booster option on titanium; Car kicks in low on every single hill. Could be reason for the poor gas mileage. Very disastisfied with up-n-go, except around town and from a dead stop it picks up good. Overall rating for me: C+ to B- It all depends on the features that most float your boat."

Love the card

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive Winter & Summer"

Cons: "No adjustable center console."

"I wish that the console arm rest had the option to slide forward. I have driven Rangers for years and find comfort in resting both elbows while driving. I do not understand why the car does not have a release for the rear hatch inside the car??? Otherwise it's a really nice vehicle."