2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,475 - $23,094.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Great, Versatile and Fun Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, powertrain, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than advertised."

"Before signing the check for my new Escape SE, I researched and drove every competitive vehicle. The Escape won me over due to it's design, forward thinking, utility, comfort, mileage and overall driving characteristics. Coming from a premium brand AWD vehicle, I was at first skeptical, but I've come to really appreciate and love this vehicle. It drives and handles extremely well, and feels well-planted on the road. The seating is extremely comfortable, although the footwell is a bit tight, it's not too tight for my 6'0", 185 pound frame. The engine is extremely quiet - something I didn't expect from a small turbo, and the automatic transmission is very smooth. Fit and finish are on par with more expensive vehicles, which I believe is the reason it costs slightly more than others in it's class. I also love the Sync with MyFordTouch, and don't understand why some complain about it. It's intuitive, and easy to learn to operate. So far, I haven't been getting the EPA's rated fuel mileage, but it's probably due to my driving style and frequent stop and go traffic. The best I've done yet is 29 mpg when driven mostly highway miles. As with all vehicles, I expect the mileage to improve once broken in. I also love the auto-tailgate option, though I don't have the "foot motion" option, which I don't feel is necessary. All said, I love this vehicle."

Best Escape EVER 2013 SEL 2.0L

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Handling..Plenty of Get Up and Go.."

Cons: "Hump in Front of the Seats"

"Owned it for 6 weeks now to replace my 2007 XLT Escape..Boy what a difference. Better Power..Great handling..Average 27.8 MPG Looked at the Titanium but didn't see a use for the 4 wheel drive and Moon Roof..So went with the 2.0L SEL. Glad to have made the purchase..took it the first weekend on a 2,000 mile road trip..averaged 29.6 MPG on the trip. Only item I dislike is the hump in front of the seats..I'm 5' 10" and when you pull your foot back it gets in the way...otherwise really happy with the vehicle."

Rented for 1 week

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't own this car

"Nothing like driving 11 hours straight in a car to get a good feel of it. The rental only had 3K miles. It handled great, very easy to drive. The blind spots were a little difficult at first but it has additional side mirrors to help with that. The drivers seat had lumbar support but the others did not, so both of us were uncomfortable when not driving. Got pulled over in the evening because apparently there is a dial to turn off the tail lights! What~!? This shouldn't be legal, the cop said we were the 3rd of that vehicle type that he has had to pull over for that. Got decent gas mileage for a 4WD (25 MPG). Overall it's a very nice car, but it's not for me."

4th Ford I have owned or leased

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Great value,Titanium has all bells and whistles."

Cons: "No front bumper protection."

"What a great job Ford has done. Having owned several Fords, this one is best so far. The Power of the 2.0 Eco Boost is amazing,using High test has given me better Gas milage. The 2014 Escape is more of a crossover then a SUV....If you want plenty of power to get on highway or pass that cellphone user, this is the ticket.Only drawback is front grille and bumper..No protection from people who can't park in front of you..Park assist is amazing. Sync is complicated, but if you have a teenager they can figure out full potential.Have nothing Bad to say! I look forward to many miles of enjoyment.Blows away CRV and RAV4.Proud to own an american car.Voice commands are easy to use ,but speak clearly.Gas milage not as promised and I chalk that up to not being broken in yet..Only 200 miles so far..As far as safety, you have many air bags to protect you and your passengers from harm..Bravo Ford"

Awesome car!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to drive, sweet ambient lighting"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

This is Bonni Blue.

"Researched this car to replace a 2010 Sport trac. Needed a car with better gas mileage. Love the design and love the technology package. Gas mileage is working up to where it needs to be but already better than the sport trac. Love the remote start feature. Husband picked the color but it looks so much better in person."

This is Bonni Blue.