2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,288 - $22,921.

10/7.8

7.0

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Gas mileage isn't what they say it would be

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and console to small and to deep"

"This is an awesome vehicle but the issue that I have with it is the mileage. We were told that we would get 32 mpg which is a lie. My husband done it by paper and it gives us only 22 mpg. I get 24 mpg with my GT. I drive this to go back and forth to work the same like my mustang. We got this with 11390 miles on it, brought it back and they reset the system which now reads 25 - 25.9 mpg but by paper it still is 22 mpg. They say that they can't do anything but for us to trade it in which we would have to pay any difference. We are no longer a Ford fan. We will not buy a Ford vehicle again plus none of our children will either. My husband always had a Ford vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"

Excellent Small SUV

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Sporty drive with 2.0 engine almost a luxury SUV."

Cons: "Back seats are lackluster concerning comfort."

"Fuel economy thus far was 24 on a recent 250 highway trip. Cabin is quiet and leather heated seats provide support and comfort, Bluetooth and Navigation with voice activation work very well and the Sony sound system is very good. 2.0 turbo engine is quiet, smooth and powerful! Handling dynamics feels like a "sporty" car not a bulky SUV, ride is firm but not harsh by any means. Panoramic sunroof is also a very nice touch. Towing package allows towing of 3,600 pounds but you must forfeit backup camera and hands free lift gate. I believe Ford fixed this unacceptable compromise on all 2014 models. Overall an excellent small SUV, happy motoring!"

4th Ford I have owned or leased

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Great value,Titanium has all bells and whistles."

Cons: "No front bumper protection."

"What a great job Ford has done. Having owned several Fords, this one is best so far. The Power of the 2.0 Eco Boost is amazing,using High test has given me better Gas milage. The 2014 Escape is more of a crossover then a SUV....If you want plenty of power to get on highway or pass that cellphone user, this is the ticket.Only drawback is front grille and bumper..No protection from people who can't park in front of you..Park assist is amazing. Sync is complicated, but if you have a teenager they can figure out full potential.Have nothing Bad to say! I look forward to many miles of enjoyment.Blows away CRV and RAV4.Proud to own an american car.Voice commands are easy to use ,but speak clearly.Gas milage not as promised and I chalk that up to not being broken in yet..Only 200 miles so far..As far as safety, you have many air bags to protect you and your passengers from harm..Bravo Ford"

1.6L engine overheats post recall

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"My 2013 1.6L Escape has had nonstop overheating issues post recall fix. Watch my videos below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgpiQXzg_ho&feature=youtu.be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTaa6TT_6c&feature=youtu.be"