2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,435 - $23,058.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

2014 Ford Escape Titanium Metallic

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great drive"

Cons: "sluggish screen"

"Previous car was a Toyota Camry. Towards the end, it required a lot of repairs and was never fixed correctly, so admittedly, the difference was not hard to beat. Having stated that; I test drove a lot of vehicles. In the end, I knew I wanted a crossover type so I could sit higher off the road, tow if needed, and not have to go big to do so. Out of all the crossovers I drove, the Ford Escape (Titanium Model) became my favorite. One poster stated the touch screen is not sensitive enough and sluggish and I tend to agree. However; the drive is tight. The interior roomy, and the overall design is very pleasing to the eye. This is only a month old purchase, so time will tell, but so far, I absolutely love this vehicle!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"

Impressed by Ford and their Escape models

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great MPG, clear visability, 2.0L EcoBoost Engine"

"This vehicle is great for smaller families. My husband and I were able to tow our 2012 Ford Focus, with the Escape packed to the brim with luggage, from central TX to the Frederick MD area without any issues. The gas mileage through out the trip exceeded what I though we were even gonna get (17mpg). On average I get anywhere between 23-28mpg and I drive about an even amount of city and highway. I do have the 2.0L Eco Boost engine with the turbo in it, so when it needs to move quickly the Escape will get up there with ease. The agility on it is great too."

Best vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy on rough roads"

"One of the best cars ever.compact yet has good room a cargo size. Sync and Eco boost make it one of the best in the industry"

DO NOT BUY the 2013 Ford Escape

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, good sound system, spacious trunk,etc"

Cons: "horrible computer system, horrible brakes,HORRIBLE"

"I just graduated college and this is my first car with my new job. After a 20 minute test drive with the Ford Escape and hearing about all the options my heart was set on getting this car.... which I did! WORST DECISION EVER. I have had the car approximately 1.5 months and it is going in tomorrow for its THIRD service. The brakes squeal and the service department "cant fix it" because they "don't know why it's happening". The computer constantly freezes and the clock keeps resetting itself to the time when I turned the car off. As of tomorrow, under VA law, I can return the car under the Lemon law. WHICH I WILL. Never ever again will I buy a Ford model car. BUYER BEWARE."