2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,323 - $22,916.

10/7.8

7.1

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

Reliability at its best

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "To perfect"

"Good car very good quality and reliability we alway bought toyotas but they went down so we decided to try ford and we got fusion and an escape we love both but I drive the escape and I absulutely love it it drives good and looks great and very good build quility too better than toyota by a wide margen"

Bad Gas Mileage-- quirks in the Smart System

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice smart features"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage"

"I have had this car for about 13 months and cannot get it to ever get over 23 mpg...Ever. Mostly only averages 21 mpg. The "smart" system has a lot of quirks..GPS has you driving off of your actual path, makes high pitched sounds when you put the breaks on in the cold..sometimes the blind spot alert system works and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the alert for being too close to something does alert you and sometimes it doesn't."

2WD with 1.6 with 44,000m

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

I don't own this car

"Pluses-good handling, corners flat. Good low end power. Smooth transmission, but too easy to slip it into first(rather than drive)from reverse. Good instruments and stereo. Good brake feel. Warms up quickly in cold weather. 27 MPG. Only service has been oil changes. Nothing has broken. No problems whatsoever Minuses- hard ride but getting better. Emergency brake takes up center console room. Terrible back seats. Noisy windshield wipers. More road noise than I would like. Note: This car is a company car. I did not order it."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."