2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,378 - $23,115.

10/7.8

7.3

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.4/10

I love this car and hate to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Has all of the options, great car to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any Cons"

"I am handicapped and due to a recent hip replacement had to switch out my electric scooter which was carried on a rear hitch lift for an electric wheelchair which is much heavier. I have to buy a customized handicapped van."

Ford has done it once again!

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "slick apperance, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "minor mytouch clitches"

"This is my second Ford vehicle I have owned. I am in LOVE with this SUV. I bought it about 2 months ago and I am very pleased. I have the panoramic roof which is beautiful, the MyTouch and Sync is great, and I love the automatic liftgate. The MPG is great for an SUV and all the new technology of the car is state of the art. If you are considering buying this, forget the negative reviews... I have a feeling the driver had a little to do with the problemsas well. Its a really great car. I recommend it 100%! PS. This is a BRAND new model Ford has released. Every brand new model ANY car manufactuer releases will have a few clitches, they are called recalls. If you don't want to deal with some of the MINOR MINOR clitches that MAY occur, dont buy a brand new model of a vehicle. Not saying I have had any problems, but people complaining about the clock, yeah thats annoying, but you have to consider thats the first time of them with the computer system. The car is brand new, they will fix it! BUY FORD OR BUY ANY AMERICAN CAR! SUPPORT USA!"

Avoid This Vehicle At All Costs!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reason: Horrible Mileage, Bad Ride Quality, Broken Technology, Performance.

"First off, I want to begin by saying I have been a loyal Ford customer for over 7 years. This was my fourth Ford vehicle and after this, probably my last. The test drive will not do justice for this vehicle because the engine has this lag that just feels like it's hunting for gears all the time but unless you get it out on the road in regular driving, you won't notice it. MPG is beyond horrible. I combined for 15 to 16 MPG for most weeks and the best I was able to get with it was 18 one time. The sync system is worthless. It freezes at least once a day and can only be reset by turning off the car, opening the door, shutting the door and starting it back up. It doesn't understand most commands and it just a true pain. The vehicle is also so stiff with it's suspension that it is uncomfortable. You feel every little chip in the road right up through your seat. Another gripe is the carpet. It has the cheapest carpet I've ever seen in a vehicle and it's almost impossible to clean it without pulling grass and dirt out by hand because it all gets mashed. When you combine all these things, it's just not the vehicle I was expecting by far. With the price they are selling these things at, it is impossible for me to recommend this car for a buyer. Go test drive it, then drive it again... Then drive it again! If you still love it, go for it! I just think there is too many drawbacks and with Ford basically telling me it's not their problem, it has cost them a customer! I hope I was able to help!"

2014 Ford Escape Titanium Metallic

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great drive"

Cons: "sluggish screen"

"Previous car was a Toyota Camry. Towards the end, it required a lot of repairs and was never fixed correctly, so admittedly, the difference was not hard to beat. Having stated that; I test drove a lot of vehicles. In the end, I knew I wanted a crossover type so I could sit higher off the road, tow if needed, and not have to go big to do so. Out of all the crossovers I drove, the Ford Escape (Titanium Model) became my favorite. One poster stated the touch screen is not sensitive enough and sluggish and I tend to agree. However; the drive is tight. The interior roomy, and the overall design is very pleasing to the eye. This is only a month old purchase, so time will tell, but so far, I absolutely love this vehicle!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and roomy"

Cons: "Ga mileage, "pausing" and cost"

"I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2012 Kia Sportage because it was too small and I didn't like the way it drove. The Escape is a far superior vehicle in all senses. It's great to drive, extremely zippy with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, quite, and just overall a great vehicle. This was my first Ford and overall I am very impressed and will most likely buy another Ford. Downsides: Sometimes seems to "pause" or "stall". I can't replicate it and two different dealerships say they can't find anything wrong. It also is only getting 19 MPG average and at best only 22 MPG on the highway. It's 4WD, but should still get better mileage than that. The other downside is the cost. All Fords cost $3-6K more than comparable cars. They didn't take a bailout though from the Gov't, so I'll support the higher price. The last issue is the Navi/Sync. The navi is not very intuitive and difficult to work. The sync is a pain and doesn't always work as advertised. I do'mt use it much though, so I can't ding it too much. Overall, very happy with the car and I love to drive it!"