• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,511 - $23,044.

10/7.8

6.9

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."

Buyers Remorse

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "New and Comfortable"

Cons: "Scary flaws in new Technology"

"I was, at first, In love with this car. For the money and the new technology I thought I was getting a good deal. One month later... I have no car. Not more than 1 month after driven off the lot this vehicle started to make a huge thud after eceleration from a complete stop. With small children in the car it was very scary. This vehicle has transmition problems. Due to the fact it is a new engine, they have no idea how to fix it or even were to start. It has been 2 weeks and I am still in a rental. Mothers... do yourself a favor and buy a different vehicle!!!"

Disappointed with price/long term design issues.

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

"I sincerely hope I’m wrong but the Escape (2013) may be Ford’s worst nightmare. I’ve driven my Escape just over 3,000 miles and found the following design flaws; the heater seems to take forever to warm up, thank goodness it’s garage kept; there is no light surrounding or inside the ignition switch which make starting the car in the dark quite cumbersome when trying to insert the key in the ignition; under certain circumstances, when hitting pot holes, the back struts on both sides seem to be hitting the under frame; I’m not sure if this is by design or a flaw in the transmission but I’ve never driven an automobile where the transmission down shifted when going down hill and stayed in that gear when going back up the next hill, either way this feature or flaw causes high RPM (1000+ increase) on the motor which is not good for the life of the motor or gas mileage"

CAR IS A GOOD SIZE BUT, NOT VERY SMOOTH IN DRIVING

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "SIZE AND SOME COMFORT TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NOT ENOUGH POWER AND LIGHTING DISPLAY"

"HAD THE CAR IN THE SHOP TO BE FIX BY RECALLS MORE THEN I HAVE HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF DRIVING IT. WISH I WAS TOLD ABOUT THE OPTIONAL ENGINES THAT WAS OFFERED. I AM QUITE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SALE AND THE DEALERSHIP THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM. WAS NOT TOLD OR MY WIFE ABOUT THE DIFFERENT FEATURES THAT WAS AVAILABLE. IF WE WERE WE WOULD OF GOT ONE BETTER BY LONG SHOT MORE EQUIPPED. BUT, NEXT TIME WE WILL BE DEALING WITH A BETTER DEALERSHIP AND A BETTER SALES PERSON."

Very nice automobile

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun, cool looking, techno heavy and a great value."

Cons: "Mileage a bit lower than stated."

"I have researched the vehicle prior to buying it, I chose the titanium with nav, parking technology and a tow hitch. I haven't yet towed anything, but that's why I got it. Compare it to what else is out there, including the higher end suv's and you will likely choose it as well. Very nice stuff in this vehicle. As far as value, it's not that bad either. Mileage is a bit lower that what is stated, but I have pretty much stayed off the freeways. Very well thought out, compared to the Acura, this wins by a mile and a half, much cheaper and more comfort. The Kia is junk, rav 4 way under powered. The GM options don't even come close, a short test drive in the Chevy was over and I eft the dealer within an hour, it's way overpriced, the BMW, very nice, but expensive! could almost buy two of these. Lexus, nice as well, but really, the fords seems better in value and looks. I thought the Mazda was close, but it felt cheap and tinny. They say this model is bigger that the 2012 version, I am not totally convinced, but drivability.....no comparison. The older one felt sluggish and tank like, I seem to forget this s a suv. Easy to get in and out and visibility is the best I've seen. Good job ford, hopefully the pesky recall issues are resolved, otherwise I see this being a real winner. If you buy something else without at least test driving this, you are indeed crazy."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25