2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,357 - $23,088.

10/7.8

7.3

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    7.4/10

Love it

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, nice looking"

Cons: "Smaller gas tank for a SUV"

"I love the Escape, inside and out. The only thing I would change is how small the gasoline tank is. And sometimes the InSync system doesn't recognize the voice commands which can get a bit annoying."

Don't waste your money

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive"

Cons: "The definition of a lemon"

"This is possibly the worst Car I have ever purchased. The car is always in the shop and the issues are never covered under my extended warranty nor the extended service plan."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "All and all a great vehicle."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage."

"Everything about this vehicle is great. One item that could be improved is the gas mileage."

Worse SUV ever!!!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Nice price for what has to offer"

Cons: "To many issues and things that don't work"

"I have had this SUV for 6 mths and has been in the garage so many times. It seems that just when I get it back it goes back in for another problem. My biggest is that if you have an iphone it does not work with the SYNC system. I have also had this system black out on me. Every time I think that it is fixed something happens again. Beside the SYNC issue I have had others that are major. Brake issues, trunk not opening or shutting, tranmisson, sensor problems, you name it and the list can go on. I'm very disappointed in the Ford product and would advise someone not to buy this SUV unless your ready to deal with issues."

Best small SUV on the market!

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pros: "Looks, technology options, power, rear seat room"

Cons: "Turn radius (19" wheels), gas mileage"

"I love the power (2.0L, 240hp/270 tq), the excellent paint (tuxedo black) and the awesome tech options (HID lights, navigation, rain sensing wipers, Sony stereo, blue tooth capability, panoramic roof, driver memory seat/side mirrors). It also fits 4 people excellently. The back seats are plenty roomy for a 6 ft tall person. The seats also recline, which is great! It's also very roomy with the back seats folded down. We've put a medium0zed propane grill in the back as well as 10+ large bags of mulch with no issues. However, the turn radius is poor (barely can make a u-turn on a regular main street) and I can rarely get over 22mpg combined."

Don't Buy a Ford

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Reliability"

"After having an issues with the Turbo Waste gate at 5ooo miles and 4 Recalls the transmission went out at 81000 miles I am the only driver and they were mostly highway miles I was told since I didn't spend 2ooo dollars on the extended warranty I should be glad they offered to pay 40% of the bill. After disassembly they stated the forward clutch seal was bad. I asked how that can be as I had a 2006 Escape with 169,000 miles and no issues a 2009 that I gave to my daughter with 195,000 miles and no seal issues but my 2013 with 81,500 does? They said it just happens LOL. Thank you Ford for chasing away a loyal Ford customer for over 36 years to looking to buy a Honda!"

Great so far with minor issues

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "gas millage, very fun to drive, looks"

Cons: "NO WHERE FOR COINS, issues with some interior trim"

"I bought my 2013 Ford Escape SEL slightly used to replace a gas guzzler GMC Envoy. I have now owned pretty much every SUV/Crossover Ford makes Explorer, Excursion, Expedition, Edge and now the Escape. Out of all of them I place only the Edge above this one as far as being fun to drive. I originally was not shopping for this car I went to the dealership for a used Fusion. I test drove both and and in the end decided the Escape while not quite as efficient as the Fusion was a better driving experience for me at least I prefer sitting up a little. First thing I noticed was the 2.0 turbo 4 banger. It does not feel like a 4 cylinder at all. Great acceleration fells as powerful as the 6 cylinder I loved in my Edge but feel is a little sluggish in my 2013 Explorer. The interior is pretty comfortable nice leather seats and cushioned surfaces on the door panels. Lots of cup holders and cubbies. The AC is great much better than my previous Edge. It feels bigger to me on the inside than it looks on the outside granted the back seat does feel a little cramped but the front is fine for average height adults. I love the panoramic moon roof and the MyTouch Sync works great. I am getting an average of 24 MPG which is about what I was hoping for. No mechanical issues so far. Did I mention how much I love the 2.0 Turbo engine? It really is very fun to drive feels and handles almost like a small sports car. Ok for my complaints. First the center console is horrible. It is small and deep and there is no where for COINS! I plan on buying an insert to fix this I have seen online. I have two interior trim issues that I need to get fixed. One is a small piece of trim that holds the glove box closed one side broke off so my glove box is only held closed on one side. The other is something broke on the interior door panel of the back hatch it is only connected on one side. This was rattling driving me crazy until i figured out what it was and temporarily fixed it with the universal tool duct tape. Thank God I am getting decent gas millage because the tank is tiny! Not a huge deal for me but something I wished was improved. There is some minor rattles seems like it is mostly connected to the moon roof. Nothing that makes me want to max the stereo volume or anything. Overall I am happy with the escape. If I had it to do over I may go with the Edge again which has been the favorite of all my cars but the Escape does get a little better gas milage and that was my primary concern. Btw incase you couldn't tell I am a Ford guy through and through the GMC I bought that was replaced by this vehicle will be my last "cheat" on Ford."

Will never own a Ford again

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Reason: too many issues.

Pros: "Looked nice, AC worked really well"

Cons: "gas milage, electronics never seemed to work right"

"There have been so many issues and recalls with this car I finally decided enough was enough and bought a Honda. 1. My Bluetooth fried out and I was no longer able to pair a phone to the car. 2. After the major recall work to the cooling system, I conveniently had a hole in the system which would make my car over heat and shut off. I required two tows to the dealer before they could figure out the issue. 3. The gas mileage is awful. 4. It seemed like every few months there was a recall that required the dealer to hold onto my car for more than a few days. I swear this car spent more time in the shop than I actually had it."

Issues that Ford idenified as Standard for Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Cost of the Car"

Cons: "Eveything else"

"When the Service Department tells you that it is standard for the hood of the vehicle to visually vibrate then there is a problem. When two dealership technician does not know the basic on how the SYNC system works and the system is blinking off then there is a problem. And when Ford agrees that this is how the vehicle is suppose to operate!!! Enough said!!!"

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!!

By on Friday, July 10, 2015

"This SUV is comfortable, high quality, sporty, and luxurious all at the same time! Love it!"