• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,720 - $23,239.

10/7.8

7.2

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

As a small crossover it is awesome

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "small but still can pack alot of stuff in it"

Cons: "Too small of center console"

"I have had about everything you can think of, I sold my 2004 Dodge Viper today so kind of been around the block with cars. I was driving everyday Ford F150's Lariat trim but went to this Escape for mileage as I was driving 128 miles per day. I have been totally amazed with this vehicle. The one that I own has basically every option that I know you can get on one and in less than a year have 32K mileage and have had zero problems and no complaints. Maybe I got lucky."

Titanium AWD 2.0 liter/10,000 mile update

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "tight european drive, mileage, mytouch"

Cons: "seats firm- I like, but may not appeal to some"

"Now at 10,000 miles for a titanium 4WD 2.0 I bought in April of 2014.I drive 80 miles a day round trip in commuting including winding hills and some interstate mixed driving. Mileage now 26.5 mpg. Not bad at all, and exactly as advertised. Continues to hug the road as if it is a much more expensive sports car.Excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. My touch has worked flawlessly. Never a problem."

Great value for cost.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Great pick up for getting into heavy traffic"

Cons: "No power passenger seat"

"Handles well, good pickup, 30 MPH on interstate, 27 around town. Needs to have power passenger seat. Curve of seats on long trip is narrow and bothers upper portion of leg if tall. Overall excellent value for cost of vehicle."

Best vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy on rough roads"

"One of the best cars ever.compact yet has good room a cargo size. Sync and Eco boost make it one of the best in the industry"

Terrible gas mpg, despite advertised MPG

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Horrible gas mileage"

"Bough the Ford Titanium, 2.0 Eco-boost at the end of June, 2014. Since my first fill up from the dealer, at which point, the car had 46 miles already on it, I've had to fill the car three more times and I'm only averaging about 16 mpg. Had it to the dealership where I was told that I needed to give it a few more gas tanks full in order to get an accurate mpg and to let the engine "break in." Despite the fact that the owner's manual states the engine break in period of 1000 miles, the service manager stated 7000 miles. Seriously? In addition, the rear control arms are not treated or seal coated so there is already rust forming on them, which after a good soaking rain, leaves a nice little rust puddle in my garage and stains it permanently. Nice...real nice. Other than that, I enjoy driving the car but don't know if I'll ever consider buying another Ford and if the gas mileage doesn't start coming up relatively soon, I may trade out of it since I expected much better mileage out of the gate than 16 mpg. I'm getting roughly 200 miles to the 15 gallon tank on my vehicle and that's just incredulous to me for a 4 cylinder vehicle. My husband's 6 cylinder and heavier car, gets better gas mileage than mine. P.S. If you're thinking that the "Hands free" liftgate is a great feature, be prepared as it only works very sporadically."

Great SUV. Reliable

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Best vehicle owned"

"Ford products are the highest quality on the planet for the money"

I love this car and hate to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Has all of the options, great car to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any Cons"

"I am handicapped and due to a recent hip replacement had to switch out my electric scooter which was carried on a rear hitch lift for an electric wheelchair which is much heavier. I have to buy a customized handicapped van."

Best SUV I have ever driven

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive-Powerfull"

Cons: "Price a little steep for Titaniun model"

"drives like a car. Gets great gas mileage. Echo boost engine has incredible performance for a 4cyl. I love the intelligent 4 wheel drive, works great. Driven in snow, mud, ice, and never got stuck. Stereo system is amazing! Rich deep bass to where you can actually feel the thump in your chest! Has been very reliable. Drives and shifts very smoothly. Great cargo room"

Nice, "Cool" Vehicle w/ "Over-Tech'ed" Gremlins

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Utility. Driveability. Looks/Style."

Cons: "Reliability. Mileage. Price"

"Bought new 10mo. ago. 15K mi. Fully loaded Turbo 2.0 "Ecoboost" Titanium model. HIGHS: Power, layout/utility, drive-ability/responsiveness/"feel," "looks." LOWS: RELIABILITY: Already 3 Recalls for minor things; BUT also five(5!) times back because of "Engine Fault/Have Serviced" light w/ eng. running very rough at low speed BUT no "Fault" codes stored. Dlr thinks FINALLY solved trouble via Tech. Svs. Bulletin/TSB info, but also installed Engine Data Recorder for us to drive w/ for "few weeks" just to make sure. MILEAGE: NOT great for small engine (lucky if 25mph on highway). SUNROOF&VENT: Vent that only opens 1/2"(!) is pretty stupid in this expensive(!) option! MSRP: TOO HIGH! LIKE TOO MANY VEHICLES, new Titanium Escape is another example of manufacturers pushing too far/fast to comply w/ mandated fuel econ., still keeping good power. I.e., squeezing too much from small motors via "high tech" W/O enough testing time of associated electronics!"

I Love my Escape, I look for reasons to drive it.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, quiet smooth fun!"

Cons: "Center console storage is not well designed."

"I have the 2014 Escape SE AWD 1.6L Ecoboost engine with Leather, I look forward to driving it, and look for any reason to drive it. It is quiet and smooth, but has power when you want it. Gas mileage is great, it is up to you and how you drive to get the mileage advertized! I have seen reviews saying they only get 15 mpg, you would have to try to get that bad, or just sit and idle all day long. I love playing with all the toys that come on it, the Sync and myford touch are not difficult to learn or use unless you have never used a computer or smart phone. It is a great car, I can't wait for winter and test out the AWD. Love it and recommend it to anyone looking at a small SUV."