2013 Ford Escape

7.3

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

7.3/10
    7.5/10

I really like this vihicle, nothing bad at all.

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Yeah! Great price and it is fun to drive"

Cons: "None so far."

"This has everything I could ask for in a vehicle, all the comforts and then some. I average 27.9 mpg with the 1.6 Eco boost engine and it has plenty of power. the price was right and the sales people were very nice. Love it."

Best Escape EVER 2013 SEL 2.0L

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Handling..Plenty of Get Up and Go.."

Cons: "Hump in Front of the Seats"

"Owned it for 6 weeks now to replace my 2007 XLT Escape..Boy what a difference. Better Power..Great handling..Average 27.8 MPG Looked at the Titanium but didn't see a use for the 4 wheel drive and Moon Roof..So went with the 2.0L SEL. Glad to have made the purchase..took it the first weekend on a 2,000 mile road trip..averaged 29.6 MPG on the trip. Only item I dislike is the hump in front of the seats..I'm 5' 10" and when you pull your foot back it gets in the way...otherwise really happy with the vehicle."

Great, Versatile and Fun Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, powertrain, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than advertised."

"Before signing the check for my new Escape SE, I researched and drove every competitive vehicle. The Escape won me over due to it's design, forward thinking, utility, comfort, mileage and overall driving characteristics. Coming from a premium brand AWD vehicle, I was at first skeptical, but I've come to really appreciate and love this vehicle. It drives and handles extremely well, and feels well-planted on the road. The seating is extremely comfortable, although the footwell is a bit tight, it's not too tight for my 6'0", 185 pound frame. The engine is extremely quiet - something I didn't expect from a small turbo, and the automatic transmission is very smooth. Fit and finish are on par with more expensive vehicles, which I believe is the reason it costs slightly more than others in it's class. I also love the Sync with MyFordTouch, and don't understand why some complain about it. It's intuitive, and easy to learn to operate. So far, I haven't been getting the EPA's rated fuel mileage, but it's probably due to my driving style and frequent stop and go traffic. The best I've done yet is 29 mpg when driven mostly highway miles. As with all vehicles, I expect the mileage to improve once broken in. I also love the auto-tailgate option, though I don't have the "foot motion" option, which I don't feel is necessary. All said, I love this vehicle."

FAST FAST FAST

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"2.0l TURBO IS SO FAST. NO PROBLEM PASSING IF YOU NEED THE GET UP AND GO IT HAS IT. RIDES GREAT CHOOSE IT OVER A EXPLORER I WAS GOING TO BUY. GOING FROM A FULL SIZE EXPLORER TO THE ESCAPE WAS A MISTAKE. I DO NEED MORE ROOM THOUGH WILL PROBABLY GO INTO THE EDGE. GARAGE LIMITATIONS! IF YOU DONT NEED MORE ROOM THEN THIS IS A GREAT CAR. A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN GAS MILEAGE. IF YOU WANT 30MPG YOU HAVE TO DRIVE AT 65MPH DRIVING AT 75 GETS YOU ABOUT 26 HWY. OVER ALL GREAT FAST FUN TO DRIVE SUV"

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."