2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,051 - $24,636.

10/7.9

6.9

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Reliability at its best

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "To perfect"

"Good car very good quality and reliability we alway bought toyotas but they went down so we decided to try ford and we got fusion and an escape we love both but I drive the escape and I absulutely love it it drives good and looks great and very good build quility too better than toyota by a wide margen"

Bad Gas Mileage-- quirks in the Smart System

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice smart features"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage"

"I have had this car for about 13 months and cannot get it to ever get over 23 mpg...Ever. Mostly only averages 21 mpg. The "smart" system has a lot of quirks..GPS has you driving off of your actual path, makes high pitched sounds when you put the breaks on in the cold..sometimes the blind spot alert system works and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the alert for being too close to something does alert you and sometimes it doesn't."

2WD with 1.6 with 44,000m

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

I don't own this car

"Pluses-good handling, corners flat. Good low end power. Smooth transmission, but too easy to slip it into first(rather than drive)from reverse. Good instruments and stereo. Good brake feel. Warms up quickly in cold weather. 27 MPG. Only service has been oil changes. Nothing has broken. No problems whatsoever Minuses- hard ride but getting better. Emergency brake takes up center console room. Terrible back seats. Noisy windshield wipers. More road noise than I would like. Note: This car is a company car. I did not order it."

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."

Was great....until.....

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Cons: "Don't buy this is you drive in snow."

"I absolutely love this car. I love the style, the way it drives, the gas mileage. Until we got snow. I've driven Escapes for the past 8 years and have always loved how they handle the snow. But now, with the newer body style, my car sits and spins and spins and spins despite having 4WD. Not AWD or 2WD but 4WD. It's incredibly frustrating and for where I live, I need a vehicle that can drive in more than an inch of snow. Seriously debating trading this in on an older model that will actually handle snow."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25