• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,734 - $22,289.

10/7.9

7.2

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Awesome car!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to drive, sweet ambient lighting"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

This is Bonni Blue.

"Researched this car to replace a 2010 Sport trac. Needed a car with better gas mileage. Love the design and love the technology package. Gas mileage is working up to where it needs to be but already better than the sport trac. Love the remote start feature. Husband picked the color but it looks so much better in person."

This is Bonni Blue.

great car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Ford hit the jackpot with this one"

Cons: "a little pricy"

"Started to research this vehicle before dealers started evev getting them in.Contacted my ford dealer to let me know when they started to get them.The first one they got was black,a color I wasn't particularly interested in.The evening I went out to look at it they had just gotten a sel model in fully loaded I test drived and bought it that same night.What a great vehicle.Even if you don't like suv's you'll love this one."

My 10th Ford and I'm not having these issues.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Style,Handling,Blind Spot Recognition"

Cons: "Quirky Sync"

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

"2013 Titanium 4x4 loaded. I average 24 mpg mixed driving and on long trips I have gotten 30 mpg, hills will kill the mpg, when I drive up to the mountains for skiing I avg 22 mpg round trip. No issues with quality of this vehicle no rattles sticking windows etc. Yes Sync is a little quirky and sometimes won't connect to my Android phone, shut BT off/on and all is ok. Good ride and tackles the snow as any 4x4 should, other's complain about being stuck and throttle response not good, shut off the traction control (like the manual says) and you will be fine. I do have the issue in wet slushy snow of hydroplaning a bit, 19" low profile tires who are you kidding this is going to happen. I bought a set 17" plain steel wheels with snow tires for next year. Overall after 6 months I'm very pleased with this SUV."

Near Scenic WA with my 2 girls

Solid small SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Price, comfort, quiet, reliable, value."

Cons: "A little tight interior"

"Bought my Escape SE on January 18. I have 6,500 miles as of April 21. I love the car overall. It is fun and comfortable to drive, gets good enough full economy and has plenty of fun gadgets. Mine has the 1.6 liter engine, the exterior package, power rear hatch and the dual zone climate control. It's almost fully loaded for a SE. The MSRP on it was over $27,000. The dealer knocked off $2,500 of that for me and gave me $3,000 trade in on my 2002 Honda Civic. So I got it for about $21,000. My financing came to 3.4 percent for four years. I put $10,000 down and my payments are $280 a month. I was very fortunate to be able to do that. Coming from the Honda, the car is awesome. I'm getting about 25.5 mpgs. I think that will stay the same over the long haul and I'm satisfied with that. If you're someone with a larger family or you are a larger person, then I would not reccomend this car to you. It's a little tigher on the inside than a CRV. But it's perfect of me, a single 5'6" guy. I don't find the touchscreen my ford touch to be difficult to use. Although it occasionally loses connection with my iPhone. I don't know why. The sound quality is also good. I love the dual zone AC because I'm a hot natured guy while my girlfriend is alway cold. I'm very satisfied with this car. It does everything I need it to do with a very quiet and comfortbale ride. You do not hear much road noise in it. I do like the new RAV4s I see driving around, but I think the value I got in this car with the deal I got it outweighs that of a RAV4. I hope it stays that way. In short, at least check out the Escape. If you can get a SEL or Titanium at the end of the model year for a good deal, take it. It'll be worth it."

Does everything I need it to and some!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I always get compliments on how the vehicle looks. It handles turns and rough roads with no problems. The vehicle runs great towing a trailer. The engine has some kick to it and the turbo lag is hardly noticeable. The interior is great, although I wish it had somewhere to hold coins. It sounds good when driving I am getting 21.9 mpg with all city driving. Definitely a Vehicle I would recommend."