• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,667 - $22,216.

10/7.9

7.1

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

I love my Escape

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "myfordtouch, sync"

Cons: "stereo sound, back seats don't adjust"

"I absolutely love my escape, I have the SE with the 2.0 ecoboost and 8" MY FORD TOUCH and sync. This SUV handled very well this past winter with the Automatic 4wd. I averaged 24 mpg all winter, mainly from the 15 min warm ups before I left anywhere. But now that it is nice outside I am getting closer to 28 MPG and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Great gas mileage without any sacrifice of power, it can get up and go when I need it to. I also have towed around 2000 lbs without any problems. I would recommend over and over again."

Complete Disappointment. UNSAFE VEHICLE!

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

"Purchased my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium in November, 2012. Since then, I have had numerous mechanical/electronic problems. Faulty door hands, a power lift gate that didn't work, a bluetooth phone system that no one could hear me on, a radio with no sound, a defroster that didn't work secondary to radio issues, steering issues, and most recently a blown transmission. My last trip to the repair shop lasted 51 days. I am left with nothing but aggravation and what I believe to be an unreliable/unsafe vehicle. Have an ongoing case with Ford Motor Company, which has been passed through nine people - none of which have given me any support. Asking ford to repurchase my vehicle. I've had enough. Ford Motor Company should not be okay with customers paying close to 40K for a vehicle that has so many issues. My main suggested improvement is better customer service. Having my case passed through so many representatives does not make me feel like you care - it conveys the message of the complete opposite. That they do not care. Very sad. My father has worked for Ford for almost 35 years and is devastated by the trouble I have been having...and the lack of assistance available."

2013 Ford Escape SE Great car for the price

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Turbo Boost, New Body style"

Cons: "Poor Ride, Poor design of tailgate, Poor lighting"

"I have driven my SE for 1500 miles at this first review. Pro Body Styling great Dash board cool looking Gas Mileage as expected 28 - 32 Highway have not only driven it in town yet, and don't expect t much. Easy access and you sit up higher then a car. Turbo allows this 4 CY to act like a 6 CY when required. Con Ride is fair minus when I am not driving and try to keep my head on the head rest, my head bounces all the time during highway driving. Read tailgate allows dirt to blow under it so that when you open the gate, there is always dirt on the shelf below the tailgate. Poor design Plastic wheel covers (Come On - Ford - That is Cheap) No directionals on outside mirrors - that should be standard for an SUV. Diming mirrors (inside and out) should be standard. Seats are hard but yet after sitting all day you don't care. Poor Lighting inside - you need an additional light in the rear by the tailgate and a light should be on the outside mirrors when you get out at night.Rp"

Style is great, 7+ recalls not so great

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "great service dept, sales staff no so great"

Cons: "frontseats 2narrow, like the witht of older Escape"

"The EPS system is awful, car drifts esp in cross winds, and slightly (2 lbs) lower tire pressure on one side effects driving and car drifts, 1.6L is underpowered and dangerous when passing speed is needed and it's slow to react. AC has stopped working twice, fan runs but no air, dealership unable to find problem, have to stop car for at least 5 min and then it resets and works again. Rough ride and still wind noise inside"

Best small SUV for the price.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "2.0 engine, leather seats, reliability"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Test drove the CRV, Mazda 5, RAV, Sorrento, Forester. Nothing in the small SUV class will out haul or out power the marvelous 2.0 engine. I have zero brand loyalty, as a matter of fact this is the first Ford I have ever owned. Workmanship and quality, is first rate, with every possible bell and whistle option you could possibly desire and I desired them all including towing package. Every option works marvelously well. Handles better than some so called sports cars, but the ride is not harsh by any means. Cabin is quite and very comfortable on long drives. Sony stereo, Navigation, Blue tooth, Sync, works as advertised and takes minutes to understand and use. Reliability has been bullet proof thus far. Very satisfied and highly recommend. Ford has converted me into a true believer."

See if you qualify for